Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF Booking Issue

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Question AF Booking Issue

I made a booking yesterday on the AF website for BOS-CDG-BOM and back. I later changed my flight for the BOS-CDG leg to be on AF instead of Delta. The change went through and it shows the correct AF flight on the website.
I never got an email confirmation of the new flights and when I click on the email itinerary link on the website it sends me the old itinerary with the Delta flight.
I called the Customer Service and they hung up on me saying there is no one there to help.
Any ideas? Thanks
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Unless your flight is leaving in the next 24 hours, give it some time to settle down.

If you've verified on the website that the booking is correct then there is no real issue here and nothing to panic about!
physicsdude, BubbaX and Xandrios like this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Unless your flight is leaving in the next 24 hours, give it some time to settle down.

If you've verified on the website that the booking is correct then there is no real issue here and nothing to panic about!

I think so too but it bothers me that email link is picking up old data from god knows where.
Their IT is pretty messed up.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:25 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by hartfordsam
(...) I called the Customer Service and they hung up on me saying there is no one there to help.(..)
😲

What? No one can look into your booking and confirm that everything is in good order?

Whom did you call?
Old Jun 30, 2022, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carnarvon
😲I

What? No one can look into your booking and confirm that everything is in good order?

Whom did you call?
I called the US Customer Service # and the automated system hung up on me. I tried again last evening and gave up after 20 minutes on hold. I also tried Messenger but its just a bot giving canned responses. I also sent a Tweet and no response.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by hartfordsam
I called the US Customer Service # and the automated system hung up on me. I tried again last evening and gave up after 20 minutes on hold. I also tried Messenger but its just a bot giving canned responses. I also sent a Tweet and no response.
I'd recommend you allow the customer service people help passengers with real and current problems.

Thousands of AF customers are currently stranded or delayed due to strike action at CDG (Strikes disrupt flights out of Paris CDG airport - operator; Paris airports cancel 17% of flights as staff strike)

You are able to verify that your booking is in order. If the evidence of your own eyes is insufficient, you have been assured by third parties (us here at FT) that the booking is in order. If, however, it takes you being able to press a button on a webpage showing you the correct details to receive an email showing those same details to convince you, I am sorry to tell you that ringing overwhelmed customer service agents up isn't the thing that will lead to a resolution of that particular problem.

When are you travelling? Can you not come back in say, a week, and see what your email request leads to then?

Trust me when I say that this is the best advice.
Deckter and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 7:54 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Let the PNE be reticketed maybe?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.