Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The AF long-haul business class catering photo thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2022, 12:45 pm

Oooof, I can smell those eggs through the computer screen lol. As someone who generally enjoys eggs for breakfast, I don't know why the smell of eggs cooking on a plane is so foul to me...
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 3:18 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
I'll be flying from LAX today and I am wondering what will be the champagne on board. For a good while I seem to be always be getting the Pommery, which is hardly a favourite. Is AF still rotating the champagne in J?
Old Nov 11, 2022, 2:05 am

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold

Had this CDG-KIX last week and is a choice again this weekend on my CDG-YYZ flight. I generally really enjoy exit CDG J catering on AF. This has to be the worst meal I’ve ever had on Air France. The flavours did not go well together and despite the flight attendant successfully not overcooking it and it having a very very slight pink, it was literally like rubber. I had a challenging time even cutting it. It’s not often I would so strongly discourage a meal…Avoid!!
Old Nov 11, 2022, 2:13 am

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Question guys, our CDG-KIX flight was scheduled at 13h 10m (actual was 12:51). On such a long flight I was surprised that there was no midflight meal. What is the scheduled block time required for a third midflight meal these days on AF? I have to say I was pretty dang hungry by the time pre-rival breakfast came around. I was able to sleep for most of the flight which was helpful.

On the return HND-CDG tomorrow, schedule is 14h 45m. Surly that flight will have a midflight meal/snack? Note: these long flight times are due to flying around Russia. Looks like the return has been going the polar route. But they are in the flight schedule and have been for a while.
JournoFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Utskicat
Question guys, our CDG-KIX flight was scheduled at 13h 10m (actual was 12:51). On such a long flight I was surprised that there was no midflight meal. What is the scheduled block time required for a third midflight meal these days on AF? I have to say I was pretty dang hungry by the time pre-rival breakfast came around. I was able to sleep for most of the flight which was helpful.

On the return HND-CDG tomorrow, schedule is 14h 45m. Surly that flight will have a midflight meal/snack? Note: these long flight times are due to flying around Russia. Looks like the return has been going the polar route. But they are in the flight schedule and have been for a while.
There's never mid-flight meal on AF J (and on any airline I have flown TBH). Snacks are available in the galley for hungry people.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 6:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE. AF-Plat
Originally Posted by Utskicat

Had this CDG-KIX last week and is a choice again this weekend on my CDG-YYZ flight. I generally really enjoy exit CDG J catering on AF. This has to be the worst meal I’ve ever had on Air France. The flavours did not go well together and despite the flight attendant successfully not overcooking it and it having a very very slight pink, it was literally like rubber. I had a challenging time even cutting it. It’s not often I would so strongly discourage a meal…Avoid!!
Oofffff, glad I pre-ordered the Chicken dish instead...
Old Nov 15, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Goldorak
There's never mid-flight meal on AF J (and on any airline I have flown TBH). Snacks are available in the galley for hungry people.
On some airlines, like EVA, the mid flight snack is actually a dine on demand snack prepared for you. Their burger is a popular choice.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 11:54 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold

CDG-PTY last week

The meals were very good overall. Although the beef was perfectly pink, there was something off with it, as Utskicat mentioned. It didn't ruin it for me, but the vanilla flavour definitely does not go well with it.
It's time AF improved their midflight snack offers.
I rarely go for pasta onboard, but I definitely didn't want to have chicken with potatoes on arrival and preferred some comfort food instead.

All in all, a great flight with outstanding service. It outperformed KLM's return flight by a long way.
JOUY31, wysiwyg, AnaTFN and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: United Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
ANA has solid mid flight noodle bowls, usually ramen or udon made to order. (Instant noodles I’m sure but they are great!)

and I’ve had the grilled cheese and tomato
soup as midflight option on United. Not amazing but better than potato chips or fruit from the galley.
JournoFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 11:17 am

I am soon flying AF256 CDG-SIN in J departing at 20:45. What is your be expected catering wise?
I assume dinner will be served after departure but what is coming afterwards? Is breakfast served before arrival, a bit weird as ETA is 16:45.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BobTL
I am soon flying AF256 CDG-SIN in J departing at 20:45. What is your be expected catering wise?
I assume dinner will be served after departure but what is coming afterwards? Is breakfast served before arrival, a bit weird as ETA is 16:45.
I did a similar late-evening CDG-HKG a few years ago. It was full dinner after takeoff and full breakfast before arrival. It’s not weird for anyone still on European time and many people just prefer breakfast after they wake up from a long slumber.

There were also snacks available on demand, like a mini-salmon burger, chicken burger, soup, and fruit.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 11:25 am

Programs: AF Plat Ultimate, BA GGL, MS Elite
Originally Posted by BobTL
Here are the menu and pics

The main was outstanding.

Enjoy your trip
BobTL and Eagle2000 like this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 3:42 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Flew Air France long haul for the first time last month. Originally booked IAD-CDG on the 777 but French ATC threatened to strike on the day my flight was supposed to arrive. A few days before departure, with no agreement, I changed to ORD-CDG on the A350 to arrive a day earlier. Call me paranoid but in the end things worked out better and I enjoyed my extra time in Paris and was able to see some friends in Chicago.

The menu on IAD-CDG included wagyu beef, poultry sausage parcel, shrimp in lobster sauce, or mixed vegetables in a tomato cream. I'm including the menu on the ORD-CDG flight below. Preordered the lamb and it was excellent- tender with nice sauce. I'll also say that the Air France does bread better than any airline I have flown, and those cheese crackers were amazing. Service was excellent- the male FA serving me was the perfect mix of casualness and professionalism. Also after choosing my wine, he went "here, let me pour you some of the other one just so you can try it." Also when offering me the omelette for breakfast, he gave a little depressed sigh when he said it was done American style rather than French style. Just the little things.

Old Nov 23, 2022, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
First time I see the lamb cutlets on AF. They look very good !
milesaddict likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
hmm not sure what to go with. maybe the shrimp, or the chicken or the safe bet im sure is the mushroom risotto

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.