Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The AF long-haul business class catering photo thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2022, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by remymartin
Incidentally, my bag that went to IAD instead of France also contained Dijon to feed the locals 😅
LOL. This forum is full of mustard traffickers
Old Jul 27, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: AS MVPG UA G Hilton Diamond
AF 76 LAX-PTT

Didn’t eat dinner as sleeping sounded better.

Breakfast was fine. The cappuccino was great.

Old Jul 27, 2022, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Instead of bringing flowers or a nice bottle of wine, a gift of a pot de moutarde has become a real treat at friends' dinners in my holiday place.
blairvanhorn, FabCW, hhdl and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
BOS-CDG
some surprises, also for the crew : the salad was in a plastic disposable container instead of the traditional round white porcelaine. And the towel was a thick paper one identical as the one they give now in medium-haul J and not the tissue one. It seems that it's rather a temporary shortage or problem, but it looked cheap. I took the fish, it was good.

milesaddict, orbitmic and hhdl like this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Sounds nice despite the mis-loading mishaps (which seem to happen with all airlines these days!) At the risk of being pedantic, I find it strange to make a "souvenir from Camargue" with cod, whilst it is one of the few fish we don't actually get in the Mediterranean! And as much as I like pot au feu, it really feels like a winter dish to me. Well done on the lobster starter again though - was always good when I've had it!
milesaddict and SkyteamEP like this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 11:42 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Cod is sacred in Massachusetts, after all.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by orbitmic
At the risk of being pedantic, I find it strange to make a "souvenir from Camargue" with cod, whilst it is one of the few fish we don't actually get in the Mediterranean!
May be because of the rice ?
Old Aug 1, 2022, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Goldorak
May be because of the rice ?
That was indeed my guess. But that's a bit like doing pork with hummus and calling it "souvenir from Saudi Arabia"!
Goldorak, DALtoAAL, hhdl and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by esledo
Not many posts about July long-haul J catering so here is my contribution:

AF178 CDG-MEX 12 Jul:

Lunch menu

Pre-arrival menu

Wine list

Smoked salmon, citrus fruit sauce, plain cooked vegetables, cilantro coulis

Braised beef cheek, potato mousseline, damson chutney, sprinkled tarragon

PDO Selection: Crottin de Chavignol, Fourme d'Ambert and Cantal cheeses

Pistachio macaron by Philippe Urraca, raspberry cream puff, Opera cake
Ice cream

Duck shepherd's pie sprinkled with herbs
Crunchy vanilla cream puffs
Fruit tartare and pistachios

All in all, very decent meal and did not leave one hungry. Especially the lunch starter and main were good. I gambled and pre-ordered the beef but it turned out to be very good and not dry at all. Pre-arrival meal was not too bad, either.

Service was also pleasant throughout the flight, the only gripe being that IFE at my seat was acting up and resets did not fix that.
I had the same menu offering in J, CDG-YVR, on July 25. I had pre-selected the beef, only to be told that, when it was time to be served, that there was no more beef! Huh?? What's the benefit then to pre-ordering? Begrudgingly, I asked for the fish and was given
the vegetarian meal. No thanks! I again insisted on the fish, which was finally delivered. It was dry and rather disappointing. However, the second meal service duck shepherd's pie was delicious. Best airplane main that I've had in some time!
On another note, the crew was mostly excellent, but the IFE was not! Not digital and clunky to operate. And seating was 2-3-2 in J. Maybe they're planning to retire this bird. The sooner, the better IMHO!
Old Aug 9, 2022, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
If this is AF022, the catering is really bad on this flight.
I concur.

For the record, as stated, you get breakfast on this flight though it doesn't know whether it wants to be the latter or lunch. Not great. Would be much better to skip breakfast altogether and serve a real lunch a few hours into the flight (I think).
Old Aug 14, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
BOS-CDG Friday — seems like there’s now a lobster shortage (although salmon was fine):

This time around cod was a little overcooked and chewy and not great. Meh crew on my side of the aisle — no refills of anything and glasses remained empty throughout the service.

Also not sure if this is standard but the cabin lights were never turned off during the red eye (only dimmed), and of course breakfast service started at 2 hours before arrival so not the most pleasant Atlantic crossing. But was a last-minute redemption for 62.5k so can’t really complain.
BA850 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by truncated
BOS-CDG Friday — seems like there’s now a lobster shortage (although salmon was fine):

This time around cod was a little overcooked and chewy and not great. Meh crew on my side of the aisle — no refills of anything and glasses remained empty throughout the service.

Also not sure if this is standard but the cabin lights were never turned off during the red eye (only dimmed), and of course breakfast service started at 2 hours before arrival so not the most pleasant Atlantic crossing. But was a last-minute redemption for 62.5k so can’t really complain.
Thanks. I will doing this route in October and asked for a Hindu meal. there is not much information on this meal on AF. How was the lounge at Logan?
Old Aug 15, 2022, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by hartfordsam
How was the lounge at Logan?
I have been twice in 1 month in this lounge and it's super crowded and with a poor food offering. Crowding may have improved a bit since DL opened a temporary "SkyClub Express" in Term E very recently.
hartfordsam likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: DL DM-2MM, BA Gold, A3 Gold, AF Plat

I am currently on AF 688 and this has to be the worst thing I have been served in any business class on any airline. It is so bad I am actually laughing. Asparagus stalks, no tips, just the lower part that is usually chucked in the bin after prepping them. You cannot cut them...and no taste at all. This is how they arrived... First world problems for sure...but really?

Last edited by ATLCDG; Aug 15, 2022 at 8:31 am
Old Aug 15, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by hartfordsam
Thanks. I will doing this route in October and asked for a Hindu meal. there is not much information on this meal on AF. How was the lounge at Logan?
AF lounge in Logan is pretty bad - went to the DL sky club "express" instead which was less crowded + had better food options. Sadly AF333 departs too early for the VS clubhouse
hartfordsam likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.