The AF long-haul business class catering photo thread

Old Jun 5, 2024, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by maverikbc
It looks bigger and nicer than the sample pic I posted, am I the only one who feels that way? If they don't receive my order for a cod, I'll have this.

Double glasses? I do this on KL, because I feel their glasses are smaller. The latest carrier that I should do this is IB: the refill offer came right after the main was served, which I stupidly declined because I still had my glass half full. Then crew disappeared. When they came collect empty plates, I ordered refills, but they either took forever or gone forgotten. I recall I didn't have to get double glasses on AF in my experience.
Oh, I just wanted to do a mini wine tasting - so when the FA brought the entre and asked what wines I wanted, I asked for both the reds (Languedoc and Bordeaux)! Figure it saves them another trip to refill, and all of the AF FAs I've asked to do this happily obliges.
Wine list on my CDG-LAX flight was the same as post #549.
To my surprise, I liked the Languedoc pairing more than the Bordeaux with this veal dish.
Old Jun 7, 2024, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP 75K, HI DIA
Any experiences on the morning flight CDG-LAX? Departs CDG at 0845 and is advertised as breakfast, but am wondering if that is what is actually served or if it's more like a brunch menu where there may be more options?
Old Jun 10, 2024, 2:43 am

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Silver
Deciding between a saffron risotto with pea puree, sauteed vegetable julienne & pecan nuts Or sauteed shrimp and exotic curry sauce, pumpin puree, zucchini & red onion.

Just wondering by any chance has anyone had either of those? This is out of MEX. Typically catering has always been pretty good ex MEX when flying back to the States.

Thanks
Old Jun 10, 2024, 7:41 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Reserve
Air France Business Dinner JFK-CDG on May 9, 2024. No one was allowed to pre-order. Because my party of three was moved (due to plane change) from row 4 to row 8 (out of 9) we were next to last to order. I enthusiastically ordered the lamb in the herb crust, it sounded wonderful. As my FA started to explain to me that they were out of it, the purser had a few words with him and I was allowed to order the lamb.*

My companions were told the only meal left was squash and mushrooms so they had that.

The Roast Beef appetizer was good, and I'm glad I ate it, because the lamb, in a word, was horrible. It tasted like it had been cooked/microwaved frozen and the inside was mushy and watery. I don't even know if the gamey tasting meat was rare or raw. The "crust" was a coating of green slime. After one bite I was done with the whole thing. If Dominique Crenn is putting her star chef reputation on this dish, it is forever ruined.

My daughter and niece said the veggie dish was "gross" (sorry no photo). I had salted away a couple sandwiches from the AF lounge, because not knowing what we would be served for dinner made me cautious. The girls ate them happily. It was their first time abroad, first time in Business and they were super impressed. The poor quality food was a non-issue.

* When boarding I gave the purser a can of high quality chocolate dipped pretzels from Bridgewater Chocolate. She seemed surprised and thanked me profusely. I don't think AF crews get as many passenger gifts as Delta. I think she may have told the FA to give me the lamb dinner. Seeing that I didn't eat much of it, they both asked if I wanted something else... no thank you. After service, I had a nice conversation with them about how this was my daughter and niece's first time in Paris and how I was their tour guide. During the downtime, they compiled a list for me of some of their favorite attractions and restaurants in Paris. I was so touched by this kind gesture, that the taste of the vile lamb was long forgotten.

Dinner Menu

Roast Beef and Salad were fine.

The Cafe de Paris butter sauce was good but couldn't hide the mushy gamey lamb.
Goldorak and kentmontreal like this.

Last edited by LadyWrites; Jun 10, 2024 at 4:02 pm
Old Jun 15, 2024, 4:25 am

Programs: FB Plat
For AF-food lovers, source: https://corporate.airfrance.com/en/n...d-paris-summer

An Air France restaurant at the Palais de Tokyo

From 27 July to 11 August 2024, Air France is inviting everyone to explore its world within the walls of the Palais de Tokyo, a famous Parisian cultural institution located close to the sites hosting many sporting events, such as the Grand Palais Ephmre, the Eiffel Tower and the esplanade des Invalides. In between two competitions or during a visit to the French capital, visitors of all ages will be able to access the site free of charge and wander at their own pace and convenience around an area spanning over 850 sq. m dedicated to the company.

The focal point will be the Air France restaurant, which will open its doors specially for the occasion. With a seating capacity of 80 places, the restaurant will offer an original gastronomic experience, just like on board. This pop-up restaurant will offer the same culinary delights as those usually served exclusively on board Air Frances long-haul Business cabin.

Triple Michelin-starred French chef Arnaud Lallement will sign the delectable dishes on the restaurants la carte menu. With a selection of meat, poultry, fish or vegetarian options, the dishes on the restaurant menu in July will be renewed in August. The menu will feature desserts signed by Nina Mtayer, recently voted World Pastry Chef in 2024 by the Worlds 50 Best Restaurants Awards. A selection of wines, champagnes and a wide choice of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks will also be on offer. With an appetizer, starter, main dish, a cheese selection and dessert, each French-style meal will be served in tableware specially created for Air France by designer Jean-Marie Massaud, in a setting similar to that on board the plane, integrating the airlines Business meal tray.

A unique occasion to discover the Air France experience

In the exhibition areas, visitors will also be able to admire the iconic red dress with a never-ending train, designed by Rabih Kayouz and featured in the Air France brand video. They will also be able to try out the companys latest Business cabin, equipped with a new sliding door and offering greater comfort and privacy. There will also be the opportunity to visit the cockpit of an Airbus A350, the jewel of the companys long-haul fleet, via a fun virtual reality experience. Air France will also install large information screens to allow visitors to learn more about the companys sustainable development commitments, and understand what it is doing to decarbonise its activities, notably through the increased use of more sustainable aviation fuel, fleet renewal, developing eco-piloting practices and intermodality.

New ranges of Air France Shopping products soon to be unveiled will also be on sale exclusively in this dedicated space. And finally, there will be a competition to win two long-haul tickets in Business class to a destination in the companys network*.

Air France at the Palais de Tokyo, 13 avenue du Prsident Wilson, 75016 Paris. Free admission from 10.30am to 6pm, from 27 July to 11 August, 2024. The Air France restaurant, by reservation, from 11.30am to 3pm. Single menu at 85 euros, including alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks

​​​​​​​
miles4CDG likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2024, 7:35 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Reserve
Cool! If I was in Paris Id love to go to this.
Old Jun 20, 2024, 4:23 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite, EY Silver, VS Silver
Does anyone have any recent menus or an idea of what is being served as the vegetarian option on CDG - BOM (or any India route for that matter? TIA
Old Jun 21, 2024, 7:02 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum, Hertz Platinum
CDG-GIG

Crab something

Veal shank with pasta. Quite good.

Ravioli with mushrooms. Tasted much better than it looks.
miles4CDG likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 5:06 pm

ATL TO CDG AF031 MAY 2024 BUSINESS CLASS
Better off ordering the vegetarian meal than picking the vegetarian entre from the regular meal.
It was inedible risotto. At least the mac and cheese on the special order meal was edible.
Would it kill them to throw some edamame or some other protein on either?
Old Jun 23, 2024, 12:19 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
CDG-MEX

Originally Posted by Arpoador
Crab something

Veal shank with pasta. Quite good.

Ravioli with mushrooms. Tasted much better than it looks.
It looks identical to options we had cdg-MEX.

Champagne was Pommery Brut Royal (at the lounge it was Telmont Reserve Brut).

The mise en bouche was summer veg with mint, sheep cheese, and black olives. I have a slight memory they were pleasant, but I didn't take any pics.

The starter was sour crabs, pickled radish over green veg (look like beans with herbs? I don't remember now). When I saw crabs on the menu, I thought how adventurous for an airplane meal, but it wasn't fishy at all. I don't know others around me smelled it, but I certainly didn't as they started serving near me. I also enjoyed it on green leaf salad (so ended up not using the vinaigrette), and on the baguette.

I chose cod. It was plump and moist, I enjoyed it without the sauce first. The roasted artichoke was good, too. I later poured the sauce, it added saltiness and depth. I appreciated the sauce was served separately.

Cheeses, chocolate cake, vanilla and chocolate ice creams. You can't go wrong with cheeses with European carriers. The cake and vanilla ice cream were fine, but the chocolate ice cream was one of the best ice cream I've ever had.

Mid flight snack, I found some food in the galley, asked what they were. Croque monsieur. The FA reheated it for me. The edges were dry, the cheese uninteresting. It was easily the worst I've ever had. Now I know it's to avoid, I'll ask if they have any leftover cheeses next time.

Pre landing meal, the FA apologized that the raviolis were gone, but I wanted the chicken fillet in tomato sauce anyway. It was on risotto style bulgur and buckwheat, came with oranges, pink grapefruits, and Madeleine. I liked them all.

Since they're the same company, I can't help but compare with KL, AF has been a step or 2 above both in quality and quantity, this time was no exception. I just realized KL always serves soup, while I've never seen soups on AF flights and at CDG lounges.
the810 likes this.

Last edited by maverikbc; Jun 23, 2024 at 12:27 am
Old Jun 23, 2024, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maverikbc
I just realized KL always serves soup, while I've never seen soups on AF flights and at CDG lounges.
There are exceptions but, generally speaking, soup does not feature prominently in modern French cuisine and not something most French people would routinely have as part of their meal. If it were there, it would normally replace the starter (rather than be in addition to it).
Goldorak, the810 and hhdl like this.
Old Jun 24, 2024, 3:46 pm

Flying CDG-SIN early July (do the menus change end June?) as I haven't seen these options mentioned before:

Old Jun 24, 2024, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by kuningan
Flying CDG-SIN early July (do the menus change end June?) as I haven't seen these options mentioned before:
Apart from the veggie option, the exact same mains feature on pages 35/36 of this thread from early May. I recall the ensuing conversation on shepherd's pie.
Old Jun 24, 2024, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
Apart from the veggie option, the exact same mains feature on pages 35/36 of this thread from early May. I recall the ensuing conversation on shepherd's pie.
thx - missed that - when is a pie not a pie?! So only comment on the Swineheards Pie so far.
Old Jun 25, 2024, 10:27 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Originally Posted by NickB
There are exceptions but, generally speaking, soup does not feature prominently in modern French cuisine and not something most French people would routinely have as part of their meal. If it were there, it would normally replace the starter (rather than be in addition to it).
It's interesting that the soup is still a popular component of the meal in neighboring countries, like in Spain. Even in the heat of summer, we can still enjoy such as gazpacho and salmorejo.

​​​​
​​​

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.