The AF long-haul business class catering photo thread

Old Feb 23, 2023, 1:17 am

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by athoele
Have you travelled yet? We are looking at this same menu for me and my son, JFK-CDG next week. Curious what the children's meal is so my son can decide. He's 10 so sort of in between wanting a real adult meal and a kids meal.
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Same menu on my upcoming SEA-CDG flight. I haven't seen those posted here yet. I was also wondering the same for the child's meal. I suppose whichever one of us gets it first can post about it
Originally Posted by hhdl
No photos, but the pot-au-feu style braised beef ex-BOS last night was a small portion but delicious.

CHML starter was a couple of sandwiches and the main was chicken, mashed potatoes, and broccoli.
Have any of you guys flown yet? Would love an update on the childs meals. Last year we got chicken nuggets one way and a cheeseburger the return. Curious what it is now.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 1:20 am

Choices for ATL-CDG on 9 March:

RED MEAT: Fillet of beef in Port sauce, polenta cake and mini beet
CHICKEN: Poultry parcel with foie gras, potato pure, spinach

FISH: Shrimp in a lobster sauce, baby spinach, oyster mushrooms, red rice
PASTA: Mixed vegetables on a tomato cream (asparagus, potatoes, carrots, eggplant)

Anyone have any pics and reviews for the beef or shrimp. The shrimp sounds amazing, but I'm concerned it might be a small portion?
Old Feb 23, 2023, 2:53 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by Utskicat
Have any of you guys flown yet? Would love an update on the childs meals. Last year we got chicken nuggets one way and a cheeseburger the return. Curious what it is now.
The unifying principle in the CHML my son got ex-BOS was: "if we put enough things on the tray, there's gotta be something they'll like". There was a ham and cheese sandwich, some cheese slices (Cabot cheddar in this case), some crudite (for the young Dr. Oz?) with a packet of ranch dressing, a roll, some cookies, and an applesauce as the collective starter/cheese/dessert; the main was a couple of chicken tenders with mashed potatoes and broccoli.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 3:43 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
On the Short and Medium Haul thread - a kind person came back to me about pre-ordering as were discussing the catering served on flights from Lisbon, I went and posted this on that post and it really does not belong there. As they are clearly used to ladies having blond moments where what is left of my brain turns to megamush no one said anything. However, I am wiping this there and posting this here. It may not be really correct as whilst there are photographs - they are standard AF photos which are professional. My efforts I will try and post (as well as whatever they dish up on the European connecting flight on that thread) - my problem is that I have usually tucked in before I remember to take a picture!

That is is quite remarkable and fortuitous. I was just about to post the question again as it is nearly two weeks before I fly to EZE.. I have gone into the booking and the choices were there.

These were
Filet de Boeuf aux Carottes
Lasagne de Canard
Risotto de Artichauds et Champignons
Crevettes Sautees (which we chose)

Look I got the page to work!
Thank you so much -

One Question - is the Crevettes aux Lentilles served hot or cold? It's not terribly clear
Old Feb 24, 2023, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
One Question - is the Crevettes aux Lentilles served hot or cold? It's not terribly clear
All long-haul meals are hot
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 10:20 am

We flew - the child's meal was kind of lacking in protein, but fwiw, my kid liked it. It had bread and butter, a cheese sandwich with butter (no crust on the bread), a spring mix salad on a tray - those came out with the starters for our regular meals. Then when our hot entrees came out, theirs was a pasta with a fairly plain tomato sauce except for some zucchini slices. I can't remember if a dessert came on the tray or not, but after the main, they received the same cheese and dessert service as everyone else. I forgot to take pictures, but this went over pretty well. We brought some food on board as a backup that didn't get eaten, which is as much of an endorsement as anything else.
hhdl likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
BKK-CDG

Originally (72hrs before flight), I pre-ordered the chicken. But once on-board, seeing that the 2nd meal was chicken, I asked to change for the fish. I said to the PNC that AF should pay attention to not have twice the same kind of meal for the same flight...
It was good, but on such a route, we had before some delicious Thai dishes like some green or red curry with coconut milk and now everything is westernized meals

Apetizer

Fish main course

2nd meal before landing in CDG : chicken
JOUY31, tff, Xandrios and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 11:52 am

J menu from CDG in March
Pretty good except the trio of dessert .
Salted puff pastry brioche is en vogue since 2 years now (2nd meal long haul and J medium haul). Would be good to have an alternative starting to the new decade 😅
Wines OK with an excellent Pauillac. The champagne which is very basic for Af J long haul.

Old Mar 15, 2023, 1:04 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I have two long haul trips coming up from CDG, first time flying AF long haul in C. Both ex-CDG flights offer the same options for prebooking; I noticed the exact same four options also being shown on the menu in the post above this one. Would the same dishes that are available for preselection typically also be available on-board if one does not preselect anything? Or do I eliminate the (potentially better) options by prebooking lunch beforehand?
Old Mar 15, 2023, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Would the same dishes that are available for preselection typically also be available on-board if one does not preselect anything?
Yes.
Xandrios likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 6:08 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Reserve
Is that lunch menu the same as the dinner menu?
Old Mar 15, 2023, 6:11 pm

Choices for ATL-CDG on 9 March:

RED MEAT: Fillet of beef in Port sauce, polenta cake and mini beet
CHICKEN: Poultry parcel with foie gras, potato pure, spinach

FISH: Shrimp in a lobster sauce, baby spinach, oyster mushrooms, red rice
PASTA: Mixed vegetables on a tomato cream (asparagus, potatoes, carrots, eggplant)

Anyone have any pics and reviews for the beef or shrimp. The shrimp sounds amazing, but I'm concerned it might be a small portion?
Bump on this. Anyone had the Shrimp in lobster sauce exit CDG lately? Thoughts or pics?
Old Mar 16, 2023, 1:06 pm

I've found a link on the AF website with pictures of how the dishes are supposed to look like, theoretically. Obviously on board it may not be exactly the same but it could give an impression of what to expect.

Beef fillet, port sauce and carrots;

Sauted shrimps with green Puy lentils and orange butter sauce;

Duck lasagna with blackcurrant sauce;

Risotto with artichokes and mushrooms;

Rosemary and grape chicken with polenta;

Basil ratatouille cake;

Veal shank and its creamy morel sauce on a spelt and pea risotto;

Salmon with vegetable fondue, spring garnish.

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Yes.
Thanks for confirming! Looking at the pictures I'm going with the Shrimp option... looks pretty good
SkyteamEP likes this.

Last edited by Xandrios; Mar 16, 2023 at 1:20 pm
Old Mar 16, 2023, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

the real meals on-board look definitely very different
tff, orbitmic, wysiwyg and 7 others like this.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 12:25 pm

Ex CDG yesterday. I liked the shrimp dish. Quite tasty!

tff, orbitmic, miles4CDG and 3 others like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.