The AF long-haul business class catering photo thread

Old Feb 2, 2023, 8:08 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by Eagle2000
Does AF offer an anytime snack option on flights CDG to SIN and SIN to CDG or is it just the two meals? TIA. For example on ANA to Tokyo mid flight you can request a sandwich or Ramen in addition to the 2 meals.
In J:
CDG->SIN had croque monsieur.
SIN->CDG had "some warm snacks" that I'm still waiting for

For both legs, you could get instant noodles too.

In Y:
Cookies, candies, and cheese sandwiches
Eagle2000 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 12:24 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE. BA-Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
CDG-BKK

The meal was really very good, especially the appetizer. For the main, I took the beef cheeks (forgot to take a picture but it was the same as posted by #JournoFlyer in post No167). In the dessert trio, there was a delicious very fresh Paris-Brest (and obviously made the same day)
Just a heads up , I had the shrimp Tartare on one of my flights from CDG to YYZ. back in November. I suspect that was the culprit that made me nauseous the WHOLE flight and even when we landed. The nausea subsided around 4 hours after landing...
Old Feb 2, 2023, 12:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE. BA-Gold
CDG-BKK

The meal was really very good, especially the appetizer. For the main, I took the beef cheeks (forgot to take a picture but it was the same as posted by #JournoFlyer in post No167). In the dessert trio, there was a delicious very fresh Paris-Brest (and obviously made the same day)
Just a heads up , I had the shrimp Tartare on one of my flights from CDG to YYZ. back in November. I suspect that was the culprit that made me nauseous the WHOLE flight and even when we landed. The nausea subsided around 4 hours after landing...note I do not get nor have I ever experienced motion sickness on an airplane
Old Feb 3, 2023, 7:43 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Reserve
On what planet does anyone think raw shrimp is good airplane food? Even cooked fish can be problematic.

Goldorak, Xandrios and miles4CDG like this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Originally Posted by pdeut
I think you can still expect some of the best J catering there is. IMO when people on this thread are critical (not that the critique isn't very valuable!) it is in relation to AF on better days, and at times slightly ignorant of the fact that one is consuming reheated food, which has been prepared hours prior, at 35k feet. The alternatives such as LX, and certainly LH, AC, and the US carriers are a far cry from AF gastronomically.
I would agree. I flew business class on OS, KLM, AF, BA, SN and LH TATL last year. I liked AF food the best, though I enjoyed the SN beer menu for a daytime flight. BAs Do&Co catering is underrated. The US airlines on AA and DL are at best edible. UA is literally inedible - not an exaggeration, just look at their Polaris onboard dining thread.
pdeut likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 5:32 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Menu for BOS-CDG on the 19th

Appetizer: Maine lobster and tangy fennel salad
Red meat option: Pot-au-feu style braised beef
White meat option: Chicken supreme, chorizo and Espelette pepper emulsion, potato puree with garlic and bell pepper confit
Seafood option: "Souvenir from Camargue" (cod, red rice, beurre blanc sauce, turnips)
Vegetarian option: Orecchiette pasta with creamy butternut squash and zucchini

Leaning beef for myself. May order a CHML for my 7 yo traveling with us (any datapoints on what that will typically entail)... are there typically enough extra meals catered to allow him to decide on the plane that he'd rather have a regular meal?
Old Feb 5, 2023, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by hhdl

White meat option: Chicken supreme, chorizo and Espelette pepper emulsion, potato puree with garlic and bell pepper confit
Seafood option: "Souvenir from Camargue" (cod, red rice, beurre blanc sauce, turnips)

Leaning beef for myself. May order a CHML for my 7 yo traveling with us (any datapoints on what that will typically entail)... are there typically enough extra meals catered to allow him to decide on the plane that he'd rather have a regular meal?
Same menu on my upcoming SEA-CDG flight. I haven't seen those posted here yet. I was also wondering the same for the child's meal. I suppose whichever one of us gets it first can post about it
Old Feb 6, 2023, 7:48 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Same menu on my upcoming SEA-CDG flight. I haven't seen those posted here yet. I was also wondering the same for the child's meal. I suppose whichever one of us gets it first can post about it
They had the same menu ex-US last summer (see posts 68 - 88 or so in this thread) mixed reports of the cod ex-BOS, here was the one I got which was not particularly good, should have gone with the beef or chicken instead:

Originally Posted by truncated
PWMTrav likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 11:58 am

CDG-BKK

CDG-BOS on the 23rd is this menu for the lunch (expecting the standard egg salad on brioche sandwich as the pre-landing snack)
Old Feb 8, 2023, 2:03 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
May order a CHML for my 7 yo traveling with us (any datapoints on what that will typically entail)... are there typically enough extra meals catered to allow him to decide on the plane that he'd rather have a regular meal?
i ordered CHML for my 3 and 5 years old kids on ORY RUN in J. A disaster. Grated carrots as starter, plain white rice with a few slices of carrot and zucchini, zero protein, plates on J plate but that could have been a vegan+kosher+muslim+hindu+glutenfree Y meal, or something that is served in school canteens to punish misbehaving kids. And no spare usual J meals available although I could see a couple of trays left, antipathic chief purser trying to bu11$hit me (crazy puritan censorship by FT!). For the way back, I preorder regular business meals for them, and made sure at check in and boarding that there would be no child meal for the kids. That made me less likely to buy 4 J tickets on AF for a family trip in the future.
​​​​
Old Feb 11, 2023, 7:09 pm

Programs: DeltaSkyMiles
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Have you travelled yet? We are looking at this same menu for me and my son, JFK-CDG next week. Curious what the children's meal is so my son can decide. He's 10 so sort of in between wanting a real adult meal and a kids meal.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by athoele
Have you travelled yet? We are looking at this same menu for me and my son, JFK-CDG next week. Curious what the children's meal is so my son can decide. He's 10 so sort of in between wanting a real adult meal and a kids meal.
I took my daughter (11) on CDG-LAX in J and she took the beef option. She loved it.
Usually that is the most safe option with potatoes and regular vegetables as a side.
I believe that gives more value than a kids meal. As a back up there are always croque monsieurs and cup noodles available, plus often a spare meal.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 3:54 am

CDG-SIN forgot to take a picture of the menu🙈

meal was really good. A blessing compared to my CDG-LAX flight in December 22.

Amuse Bouche with beetroot and cream cheese plus a package of the regular cheese snacks.

Delicious shrimp with ginger and pea mousse

Cod steak with caramelized fennel and creamy koriander sauce. Cooked to perfection.

The traditional pastry trio

Delicious salmon muffin and warm pastries. Excellent.
tff, Goldorak, miles4CDG and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 11:43 pm

No photos, but the pot-au-feu style braised beef ex-BOS last night was a small portion but delicious.

CHML starter was a couple of sandwiches and the main was chicken, mashed potatoes, and broccoli.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 3:47 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Another set of pictures of the starters + beef cheek.

"Just because everything looks better in blue atmospheric lighting"

I can confirm it was a delicious beef cheek, despite being a bit...blue.

tff, Eagle2000, hhdl and 1 others like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.