The AF short and medium-haul business class catering photo thread

Old May 12, 2024, 5:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, TK ELP, LA PASS Black, FB Platinum
8th. of may AF1445
extremely tasteful. What a diference to KL food
Old May 17, 2024, 1:30 am

Programs: TP *S | FB Silver | LH
AF1141 AMS-CDG 14/04/2024

Another Quinoa salad + chocolate dessert picture.

It was too much food for a flight that was less than 50 minutes in the air (with service not starting until 10 minutes after take off). While the chocolate dessert was really tasty, it would have worked a bit better if it was warm.
Old May 18, 2024, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
yesterday on AF1811 from NUE to CDG they didn't have glasses. all drinks including Champagne were served from paper cups. I hope that this is a one only case where glasses were forgotten with catering.
Old May 30, 2024, 2:25 am

Programs: LH Sen

Quinoa salad + Pea purée = ok, but not very hungry at the time Chocolate choux pastry = tasty Cheese selection = decent Alcohol selection = Readily available with ample selection
kentmontreal and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Jun 26, 2024, 8:50 am

Programs: VS Gold
AF1680 CDG-LHR 07:30 Breakfast

Buckwheat pancake with Guerande salt and chicken, tangy carrot puree, Ossau-Iraty PDO cheese.
Red Berry Coulis on plain thick yoghurt. Croissants.

(It was very tasty and to a high quality, I thought). Having been rebooked by BA due to a cancellation, I was quite happy, with the added bonus of access to the AF lounge which had a pretty good spread compared to the lounge that BA uses at CDG!

Old Jun 29, 2024, 12:50 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by maxmin
Buckwheat pancake with Guerande salt and chicken, tangy carrot puree, Ossau-Iraty PDO cheese.
Red Berry Coulis on plain thick yoghurt. Croissants.

(It was very tasty and to a high quality, I thought). Having been rebooked by BA due to a cancellation, I was quite happy, with the added bonus of access to the AF lounge which had a pretty good spread compared to the lounge that BA uses at CDG!

isn’t this the same breakfast served since 2021?
Old Jul 2, 2024, 1:09 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Cdg-ams 30 jun 2024

My contribution of our enjoyed meal on flight:
AF 1140
CDG - AMS
16.30 - 1745
Sunday 30 JUN 2024
Spoiler

Although a short flight, it was quite satisfying and no complaints!
Goldorak, Fabo.sk and hhdl like this.
Old Jul 17, 2024, 2:33 am

Programs: FB Gold, TK Elite/*G, ITA Premium, Hilton Diamond; BW Diamond Select
This was an awful experience. The morning flight from Ljubljana to Paris today got a very bad catering in business class. FA said the catering was from CDG and was stored in Ljubljana airport overnight (plane arrived yesterday to Ljubljana). The pancakes were dry and chewy and only the cheese that was inside was edible. Since when does a French comapny serve American pancakes?? 😳 Pineapple was soaked in some kind of preservative fluid and it tasted really funny. Bread was cold and hard as stone also very chewy - it was not edible. Thank God for the ok-ish croissant.
Old Jul 17, 2024, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by MitjaPod
This was an awful experience. The morning flight from Ljubljana to Paris today got a very bad catering in business class. FA said the catering was from CDG and was stored in Ljubljana airport overnight (plane arrived yesterday to Ljubljana). The pancakes were dry and chewy and only the cheese that was inside was edible. Since when does a French comapny serve American pancakes?? 😳 Pineapple was soaked in some kind of preservative fluid and it tasted really funny. Bread was cold and hard as stone also very chewy - it was not edible. Thank God for the ok-ish croissant.
That “thing” they call business class meal hasn’t changed in 3 years and that’s what you get when the plane stays overnight at outstations. AF FAs are so lazy they can’t even warm the bread in the oven. Awful
business class service and standards with AF. Haven’t flown with AF for some time since I reached my 600XP this year. Trying other European airlines Business Class and let me tell you, AF is a joke for flights over 2h. I would encourage you to complain and use other airlines even ITA whilst they are in SkyTeam.

This is in comparaison a breakfast I got on HEL-CDG with Finnair: warm and great main, nice cold cuts, real fruits (not the canned pinapples) and very good bread and pastries.

Old Jul 17, 2024, 10:06 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Breakfast is the one meal where I prefer AF because I absolutely can't eat that insanely heavy stuff others serve at 6 AM, but gosh, that pic looks absolutely terrible. Why don't they just serve normal French breakfast, which would be appropriate for AF and is meant to be served cold, rather than doing a cold pancake nonsense?
MitjaPod likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2024, 10:18 am

Programs: FB Gold
The Américain pancake is probably intended to please the US Americans on correspondance from their TATL flights.
Old Jul 17, 2024, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by the810
Breakfast is the one meal where I prefer AF because I absolutely can't eat that insanely heavy stuff others serve at 6 AM, but gosh, that pic looks absolutely terrible. Why don't they just serve normal French breakfast, which would be appropriate for AF and is meant to be served cold, rather than doing a cold pancake nonsense?
if you can’t eat that heavy stuff you have the option with AY, BA, IB, A3 to select other options or request a special meal which is not possible with AF in Business Class Europe (no choice and no special meals). It is that or nothing. Even the bread is awful which is surprising for a French airlines. Poor show.

Old Jul 17, 2024, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by mlin32
The Américain pancake is probably intended to please the US Americans on correspondance from their TATL flights.
If that is the case, than why put cheese in the middle?
Old Jul 17, 2024, 11:07 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by Frank_stallone
I thought they put (what they call) cheese on everything : hamburgers. hotdogs, salades, etc.....
Old Jul 18, 2024, 8:39 am
RJ1

Originally Posted by Frank_stallone
Have never see anything like that in North America. Must be some sort of French creation...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.