The AF short and medium-haul business class catering photo thread

Old Dec 26, 2023, 8:38 pm

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
Lunch ex-CDG:

Polenta with mushrooms. Not a bad light meal.

had this one the other day flying to Tunis. Taste wise it is good but too small and too liquid. Could be good as a starter.

i have complained again to AF, this time they said they didnt understand my complaint. Still confirms AF business class it not worth it. Mine was a reward ticket that was cheaper than economy.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by BA6948
had this one the other day flying to Tunis. Taste wise it is good but too small and too liquid. Could be good as a starter.
I got it recently and said the same to the FA : good in taste but it's all too "soft"
Old Dec 27, 2023, 1:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I think there are only so many meal options that can be served when it has to be a cold meal.

My flight had only two rows of business class, and had two cabin crew. In the US, a single cabin crew-member often serves hot meals to 16-20 domestic business class passengers. So it can definitely be done with two.
SkyteamEP, Bullspread and gsberlin like this.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 5:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach

Not too bad prawn pasta with dried-out and tasteless Cantal and Comt (vs. stuff offered in the CDG lounge and in flight a couple of weeks earlier). Vanilla cream puff was good not great.
OMG. That is exactly the same as what I had two weeks ago.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I think there are only so many meal options that can be served when it has to be a cold meal.
Dont know about can but certainly agree on should, and by my book, cold polenta is not one of them!!
Old Dec 28, 2023, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

My flight had only two rows of business class, and had two cabin crew. In the US, a single cabin crew-member often serves hot meals to 16-20 domestic business class passengers. So it can definitely be done with two.
It is not really about what is possible. It is about management wanting to reduce staffing, and the union wanting concessions to compensate. To some extent it is not even about being reasonable in the union requests, it might just be demanding something that might make management withdraw from their reduction.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It is not really about what is possible. It is about management wanting to reduce staffing, and the union wanting concessions to compensate.
... and both enthusiastically agreeing passengers are the perfect sacrificial lambs in the process!
BA6948, Solevita and maalloc like this.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
The eggplant polenta ex CDG early this month was pretty awful. Cheese (Cantal and Comt) and the dessert were very good though. I wonder if it's polenta out, shrimp in.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 9:51 am

New onboard offer on domestic flight in business class

Starting from tomorrow , Feb 1st, a box will be offered to C PAX on domestic flights.
The content will be different depending of the departure time .
Looking forward to enjoying this enhancement .
Old Jan 31, 2024, 11:27 am

Programs: FB Gold
Recent trip put things into perspective

On my recent trip to China, I took multiple domestic sectors in Y. All of them had hot meals for both cabines.

On a short hop from TPE to HGH, hot meal was served. Flight time is 1h50, but mainland Chinese airlines do not have cabin service 20mn after take-off and 30mn before landing. So within 1h, they could heat and serve meals to everyone in the 737.
On the hop from HRB to PKX, they also served hot meals to everyone in a packed A333. Same time constraints : 1h55m flight time, minus 50mn of no service time.

So I find it a little silly that AF/KLM cannot be bothered for flights of a similar length, because "it's too much work", especially for passengers who fork out a significant amount of money. Even if on correspondance. Because nothing screams the "elegance of France" in the air when handed the same 3 or 4 rotations of cold food in J.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 6:25 am

Programs: FB Gold, IB Plus Plata
Originally Posted by Bullspread
Starting from tomorrow , Feb 1st, a box will be offered to C PAX on domestic flights.
The content will be different depending of the departure time .
Looking forward to enjoying this enhancement .
I may be wrong but my understanding is that the new boxes will be offered on ALL short haul flights in Europe. If so, it would be a sad comeback to the short haul J plastic boxes of 15 years ago...
Old Feb 2, 2024, 6:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Satie
https://twitter.com/AFnewsroom/statu...66927496360378 I may be wrong but my understanding is that the new boxes will be offered on ALL short haul flights in Europe. If so, it would be a sad comeback to the short haul J plastic boxes of 15 years ago...
That does seem to be the implication (unless theres some sort of moyens-courriers distinction on non-domestic flights?). Just a bog standard economy sandwich too
Old Feb 2, 2024, 6:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Oh dear, the website confirms it. Cheap boxes on flights up to 2.5 hours and the current sub-par offering on longer mid-haul services.

https://wwws.airfrance.pl/informatio...er-en-business

Im glad I dumped AFKL for BA and LH Group last year.

Edit: My mistake. It seems there is a peculiar mid-haul distinction as I originally suspected. AF defines most European routes as mid-haul, so this does in fact only apply to domestic flights:

Last edited by BA850; Feb 2, 2024 at 6:48 am
Old Feb 2, 2024, 7:11 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Yes, this is AF terminology. It also carries over to FB for example. 2XP domestic, 5XP "medium". Not "short".

Anyway, the AF J food is already bad enough as it is, I really wouldn't want to see them go the KLM route and align on wonderboxes.
orbitmic and BA850 like this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Satie
https://twitter.com/AFnewsroom/statu...66927496360378 I may be wrong but my understanding is that the new boxes will be offered on ALL short haul flights in Europe. If so, it would be a sad comeback to the short haul J plastic boxes of 15 years ago...
i cannot believe it ..
what a downgrade !!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.