The AF short and medium-haul business class catering photo thread

Old Jun 29, 2023, 2:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
I'll consider to rename Air France simply to Air QS (Air Quinoa Salad) after having two quinoa salad variations again on NUE-CDG-SVQ today.
on the way back from SVG to NUE via CDG we got exactly the same food again - quinoa salad with shrimps and quinoa salad with poached egg - doesn't AF have more options to serve than these two quinoa salad plates?
saraoutou and mckroes like this.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 3:10 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Quick question EDI-CDG economy 1120 - expecting a sandwich am I right, CDG - BOD 1640 the same Do we get included wine or do we have to pay for it
Thanks
Old Jul 10, 2023, 4:09 am

Programs: FB Gold
I would be surprised if they even offered so much as a sandwich. Probably some biscuits and beverages.

There is no buy-on-board, so either they'll have wine for free or they won't have it at all. Not very consistent thesedays.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 4:18 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Originally Posted by mlin32
I would be surprised if they even offered so much as a sandwich. Probably some biscuits and beverages.

There is no buy-on-board, so either they'll have wine for free or they won't have it at all. Not very consistent thesedays.
Thanks - think we should carry some snacks onboard as we often have allergy issues with biscuits and DH cannot go over that period without food due to having to balance with medication
Old Jul 10, 2023, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Sandwiches are served on all medium-haul flights. Wine is free.
For domestic flights, only snacks.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
So AF even advertises warm bread on short haul flights (see below). I wonder why I never received a warm bread the last times I flew (except one time on a A220 to SVQ). On my other flights I had to live with cold, rubber bread ...

Old Jul 24, 2023, 10:05 am

Programs: Accor, Hilton, Marriott, Radisson Gold; Aeroplan 35K
GVA-CDG, 07:20 flight on May 26 (AF1243).

Old Jul 24, 2023, 11:11 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Anybody know what to expect from LHR-CDG and back in J these days? TIA.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 11:22 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Same thing as on any other midhaul flight.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 11:35 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by precielous
GVA-CDG, 07:20 flight on May 26 (AF1243).

in 2037, AF will still serve this infamous breakfast. Yikes 🤮
Solevita and precielous like this.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 3:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
A large proportion of my travel is paid Euro J, so based on a change of job, the poor catering on AFKL and their uncompetitive fares, I made the decision to move the majority of my flying to BA, with LH for the rest.

Accordingly, I have been spending down my remaining Flying Blue miles and flew on Saturday from Warsaw to Paris, where the infamous quinoa salad made an appearance:

The Purser was excellent, the bread was warm and the chocolate pudding was delicious, but the main course, as usual, left much to be desired (and with no alternative option).

This flight was blocked at 2hr30, which is the same as a Warsaw-London flight. For such a journey, BA would offer a bar service, followed by three meal options (two hot) and then after-dinner drinks. This is not only an objectively better offering, but fills the flight time much more effectively - on this flight, I was finished about an hour into the flight with the Purser having gone down the back to support service in Economy. Air France unfortunately isnt competitive in Euro J.

Spending some more miles with KLM from Bordeaux to Amsterdam in a couple of weeks, so looking forward to one last Wanders Box
Old Jul 26, 2023, 7:14 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by BA850
A large proportion of my travel is paid Euro J, so based on a change of job, the poor catering on AFKL and their uncompetitive fares, I made the decision to move the majority of my flying to BA, with LH for the rest.

Accordingly, I have been spending down my remaining Flying Blue miles and flew on Saturday from Warsaw to Paris, where the infamous quinoa salad made an appearance:

The Purser was excellent, the bread was warm and the chocolate pudding was delicious, but the main course, as usual, left much to be desired (and with no alternative option).

This flight was blocked at 2hr30, which is the same as a Warsaw-London flight. For such a journey, BA would offer a bar service, followed by three meal options (two hot) and then after-dinner drinks. This is not only an objectively better offering, but fills the flight time much more effectively - on this flight, I was finished about an hour into the flight with the Purser having gone down the back to support service in Economy. Air France unfortunately isnt competitive in Euro J.

Spending some more miles with KLM from Bordeaux to Amsterdam in a couple of weeks, so looking forward to one last Wanders Box
Have you discussed this with FAs?
Old Jul 26, 2023, 9:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by BA6948
Have you discussed this with FAs?
During some of my KLM flights last year I did show the FAs photographs of BAs offering. One purser took a photograph of the photograph to send to management, but that was a year ago now and she said she regularly feeds this back, but to no avail.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 12:45 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
AF 1050
CDG-CPH
A320
July 2023

Excellent shorthaul meal, smoked fish went very well with the pasta salad with pomegranate. Warm bread and the cream puff for dessert was delicious.

Smoked trout with pasta salad, cheese, warmed bread, hazelnut cream puff
FabCW and BA850 like this.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by zeer0
and the cream puff for dessert was delicious.
It's called a Paris-Brest. A typical French cake. Can be truly excellent if the pastry is fresh, the cream of good quality and with the good ratio cream/pastry. Usually the AF version is quite good.
hhdl likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.