Wiki Posts
Search

The AF short and medium-haul business class catering photo thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by BA6948
How can LX and other manage?
By having more ovens installed - it's an option. Unfortunately by now the airlines are so committed to lowering the service levels that they make it outright impossible to do otherwise on their "regional" aircraft.
hugolover and BA850 like this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 11:17 pm

New

Question of the day : Do you notice the change operated recently ? 😉

Arpoador likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 1:00 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Accor Gold
Ooooh back to normal coffee/tea cups! #luxury 🤣

Originally Posted by Bullspread
Question of the day : Do you notice the change operated recently ? 😉

Old Sep 16, 2022, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by curiousexplorer
indeed ! 👍👏🏻
JOUY31 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 5:32 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
CDG-TUN this morning. I finally got the dreaded green mash… not great and after eating it I reordered more croissants and coffee to wash it down as it gave a weird after taste in the mouth. How on earth could they serve such a meal on international flights? Complained to the Cabin Crew who were really apologetic and said it was very very “light” for such routes. Obviously I praised them for the great service!

Goldorak, SkyteamEP and BA850 like this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 1:08 pm

Programs: FB Gold
In pretty much every way, the Maghreb flights are treated the same as the intra-Europe flights. Given the flight durations, makes sense from a financial standpoint.

I suspect the "rest of Afrique" flights are then considered intercontinental.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by mlin32
In pretty much every way, the Maghreb flights are treated the same as the intra-Europe flights. Given the flight durations, makes sense from a financial standpoint.

I suspect the "rest of Afrique" flights are then considered intercontinental.
I think the cabin crew didn’t mean that North Africa should get the long haul service but a more substantial one like they used to have one year ago.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by BA6948
I think the cabin crew didn’t mean that North Africa should get the long haul service but a more substantial one like they used to have one year ago.
Exactly, you had a hot meal in J, which was usually pretty good (and you had also hot meal in Y not so long ago )
SkyteamEP likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 3:53 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Have 2 meals to share. Neither one was great, but the breakfast especially was sad. Super dry pancakes with cheese filling and limp vegetables - probably the worst plane meal I've had this year. The lunch was better but nothing special. Glad the CDG lounge had some great food options, the dessert selection especially was great (I could eat 10 of those madeleines).

AF 1275
OSL-CDG
9/15

Pancake sandwich? - not great...

AF 1816
CDG-DUB
9/15

Quinoa and vegetable salad - decent
Old Sep 18, 2022, 6:31 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I had those pancakes sandwich once and yes, very very dry and not tasty in any way,
zeer0 likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 7:23 am

Programs: FB Gold
I don't understand why AF has so much trouble with breakfast. It's not like it's a foreign concept.

Just toss a croissant, some fresh fruit, a small compote, a chocolatine, and perhaps some cold ham/charcuterie. No need for some weird pancake thing.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 8:39 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
I don't understand why AF has so much trouble with breakfast. It's not like it's a foreign concept.
Oddly enough AF seems to have a problem with breakfast and pastries, on the ground as well as up in the air.

Big fan of croissants & various "pains aux raisins/chocolat", I could never get to eat the spongy thing they serve onboard, or the sad dry pastries they have in their lounges.
Virtually any place with an oven, be it a real bakery or a supermarket, does it better in France. Heck, even contract lounges have better pastries than AF flagship lounges.

It's sad because a good croissant is a landmark of French Cuisine. And it costs < 30 cts in bulk -- ruining this easy win to save what, 5 cts (?) on the overall price of the J platter is a strange move.

Just toss (...) a chocolatine
What on earth could that be?
Old Sep 18, 2022, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by curiousexplorer

Coffe cups are back, indeed.

But so is also the rather weird breakfast of this green brick that we had the opportunity to enjoy in previous cycles already. It is a bit strange that they just keep rotating the meals time and again, without really changing anything.
It is like the gourmet version of KL's cesar salad apocalypse.
SkyteamEP and Arpoador like this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 10:53 am

Just toss a croissant, some fresh fruit, a small compote, a chocolatine, and perhaps some cold ham/charcuterie. No need for some weird pancake thing.
I say the whole business offering is shambles. Trying to lure us into thinking they are offering gourmet meals whilst the previous offering was good. Toss the chefs that created this mess and put back the FAs to deal with ovens.

And my last CDG-TUN was an A319 and they were 4. So plenty of time and resources to offer an adequate business class meal up to the standards of other airlines.
Bullspread and Solevita like this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 2:40 am

"Bringing back hot meals in J" means "renegotiating the Compo Peq agreement with unions" .....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.