Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France - Bumped Seats

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2022, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy Air France - Bumped Seats

Had business class seats on Air France from EWE to Charles De Gaul. The original seats that were noted were great. I am 6'3" and hate the bulkhead seats. Arrived at the airport and picked up my ticket and discovered on boarding that we were now in a bulkhead seat. Too late to say anything but I did not understand why. People were seated behind us but the rows were not full. The area where we were to be seated only had one person. Contacted Air France via their website and they offered no resolution. In the future I will make note of the what seat is a bulkhead so I can try and object at airport and will check the ticket prior to going to the airport since they made the change without notification. Is it common for them to change without notification?
Old Feb 22, 2022, 1:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
More details would be helpful but pretty much all AF longhaul business class seats are the same. There are many reasons for seats to be changed (different aircraft, for example). Did you not try to change this at check-in? I'm not sure what resolution could be offered after the fact via the website, since the flight is over. You could have asked the crew on board if you could move to another seat. I assume you mean EWR (Newark), rather than EWE which is a small airport in Indonesia.
irishguy28 likes this.

Last edited by LondonElite; Feb 22, 2022 at 1:28 pm
Old Feb 22, 2022, 6:41 pm

Programs: BA BAEC Gold (oW Emerald), AF/KLM FB Plat (ST E+), *Alliance Nada
AF stopped flying EWR many years ago... so not sure which flight OP is talking about.

I concur with LondonElite however... all
business class seats are identical on AF, bulkhead or not (exception being with the NEV3 or NEV4 on the A330-200 where first row J seats were narrower due to the curvature of the hull towards the front), so there is no reason why OP should feel he/she was inconvenienced by being relocated to another seat.

Seats are never guaranteed, and in this case, OP purchased a J ticket and got a J-seat, so nothing I see IMHO that AF Customer Service will/can do aside from providing some generic "I am sorry" replies...
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 6:58 pm

There are differences in narrowbody aircraft though. This could have been an intra Europe flight.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
May be EZE ?
whatever it is, we need more info.
irishguy28 and TomMM like this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 8:24 pm

I hope this all gets sorted, but just want to say welcome. Hell of a long time to wait for a first post
irishguy28 and Solevita like this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by Milwaukee
I hope this all gets sorted, but just want to say welcome. Hell of a long time to wait for a first post
Just noticed your name.
hello fellow Milwaukeean!
Milwaukee likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by William Drake
Too late to say anything but I did not understand why. People were seated behind us but the rows were not full. The area where we were to be seated only had one person. Contacted Air France via their website and they offered no resolution.
Just wondering why you didn't have a word with the onboard crew and move to a seat you found more acceptable?
Surely this is the resolution you were seeking, and contacting them after the fact via their website will never lead to that kind of resolution.

And also: congrats on your first post after a near-18 year buildup!!!
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
Probably, at 6'3" the OP just wanted to be able to get his feet under the seat in front rather than knocking the bulkhead wall.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If this was a long haul INTL flight would the bulkhead be an issue?
Old Feb 24, 2022, 12:59 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by lloydah
Probably, at 6'3" the OP just wanted to be able to get his feet under the seat in front rather than knocking the bulkhead wall.
Let's put a pin on this thread and come back in 2040 to read William Drake 's own explanations...
Old Feb 26, 2022, 1:05 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
my guess is this a long haul and economy, by process of elimination:

*short haul bulkhead is easy to figure out: it's row 1.
*long haul business doesnt matter if you have a bulkhead or not, same pitch. (but Bh can be wider)

Think whoever said EZE hit the nail on the head. Guy is in France now. AZERTY keyboards have w and z swapped.

Wanna know which seats are bulkheads? seat guru is your (slightly awkward) friend.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 1:08 am

Never mind he actually said business in his post. The enigma is strong
SteamyUncle likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 1:11 am

To answer this:
Originally Posted by William Drake
Is it common for them to change without notification?
The AF app sends me a notification when my seat has been changed (usually because they add or remove rows in front).

the app also tells me what seat is a bulkhead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.