Search

Air France train check in Tours

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2022, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, FB Plat, BA-GGL
Air France train check in Tours

Hi

I am doing my first AF train connection in a good weeks time. OSL-CDG-Nantes, and return Tours-CDG-OSL

However, it says that for the return from Tours I have to check in at an SNCF Ticket desk. Fine... except that the SNCF ticket sales there opens at 09:00, and my train leaves at 07.58.
The night before I arrive late in Tours and the sales office closes at 19:00. Well before I arrive.

Does anyone have experience with such issues, and have solved it?

I wake up in Rennes the day before. Can I check in there as long as it is less than 24hrs to departure?

All help is much appreciated
Old Jan 7, 2022, 8:08 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by Fnate
Hi

I am doing my first AF train connection in a good weeks time. OSL-CDG-Nantes, and return Tours-CDG-OSL

However, it says that for the return from Tours I have to check in at an SNCF Ticket desk. Fine... except that the SNCF ticket sales there opens at 09:00, and my train leaves at 07.58.
The night before I arrive late in Tours and the sales office closes at 19:00. Well before I arrive.

Does anyone have experience with such issues, and have solved it?

I wake up in Rennes the day before. Can I check in there as long as it is less than 24hrs to departure?

All help is much appreciated
I won't tell you all the horrors stories I've had with TGVAir, but last time I was in a similar situation they told me that an agent was waiting with unclaimed TGVAir tickets on the station platform 30 mins before departure.
So if you show up at 7:30 or something, it should give you plenty of time to find said agent, or any agent, and escalade and fix any issues that could arise with AF on the phone or SNCF.

Rennes won't be able to help you here.
Also, the TGV check-in won't check you in for the CDG-OSL segment. You'll have to do it on the app or, as it might not work, at CDG when arriving.
Fnate likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maalloc
I won't tell you all the horrors stories I've had with TGVAir, but last time I was in a similar situation they told me that an agent was waiting with unclaimed TGVAir tickets on the station platform 30 mins before departure.
So if you show up at 7:30 or something, it should give you plenty of time to find said agent, or any agent, and escalade and fix any issues that could arise with AF on the phone or SNCF.

Rennes won't be able to help you here.
Also, the TGV check-in won't check you in for the CDG-OSL segment. You'll have to do it on the app or, as it might not work, at CDG when arriving.
Thank you very much! I will do that then.

It is certainly surprising why they do not have an online method. But it is what it is and we do get the XP's.
maalloc likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Yes, they just need to streamline the process to make it a great solution for domestic travel. It is way smoother than going downtown to the various SNCF railway stations to catch the next train there.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 4:00 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Be careful, most likely the station is Saint Pierre des Corps, not Tours City Center, check your ticket very carefully.
Saint Pierre Des Corps is a few km outside Tours city center, that's where most TGV trains stop.
carnarvon, Fnate and Goldorak like this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ranskis
Be careful, most likely the station is Saint Pierre des Corps, not Tours City Center, check your ticket very carefully.
Saint Pierre Des Corps is a few km outside Tours city center, that's where most TGV trains stop.
And BAM. You are correct. Thans a lot. Glad I asked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.