Wiki Posts
Search

Ready to Fly

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2021, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, All Accor Platinum
Ready to Fly

flying to JFK tomorrow, received an email from AF about something called « ready to fly ». They are reminding me of the documents needed ( vaccination, COVID test+ Attestation ), and they are proposing to send the first 2 documents in advance so they can check them and avoid us having to do it at the airport.

Old Nov 9, 2021, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
yes, this service is proposed on selected destinations for a few months now. Works well ex-CDG when it is proposed. From outstations, it's usually a joke as you are still forced to stop at the counter.
It is supposed to be proposed for all domestic flights, but for my 2 last ones, it was not proposed. In fact I don't receive anymore those emails for several weeks now. Don't know why.
newflyer27 and SkyteamEP like this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 4:27 am

Programs: FB platinum
For my last trip, TLS - CDG - DUS I sent the documents 2 days in advance, and they got validated as I was on my way to the airport... But my gf ones were not (maybe because she sent them 1 day later), so we had to stop at the counter anyway...
On the way back, I did not receive an email, and the BP printed at the counter after showing the covid papers did not have the ReadyToFly, so of course I had to show the papers again in CDG. Consistency
SkyteamEP likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 6:27 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
I only used it for intra EU flights so far but it worked great all the times
Old Nov 9, 2021, 11:14 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
I’m flying CDG-FCO-CDG tomorrow and submitted the Ready to Fly documents yesterday morning. OLCI (still?) not available, though – this message displays when trying to retrieve the boarding passes.

Wonder if it’s got to do with the Italian passenger locator form, although that wouldn’t explain why they can’t issue the boarding pass for the return flight.

Old Nov 9, 2021, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Marambio
Wonder if it’s got to do with the Italian passenger locator form, although that wouldn’t explain why they can’t issue the boarding pass for the return flight.
Nothing to do with that, don't worry. It's just another (useful) system not or poorly integrated with existing checkin system, no communication between the systems and so they want you to stop at the counter to show your vaccine certificate even if you already sent it to ready-to-fly.
saraoutou likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 7:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
I've never received a Ready to Fly offer (I fly from MPL, never ex-CDG), but usually have a checked bag anyways.

For my partner's flight last week, I asked at check-in and again at the 2F lounge if AF could issue my partner's boarding pass (it was less than 30 hrs before his departure, and I had his pass sanitaire and passport with me), but they refused. He had to wait 45 minutes in line just to get his boarding pass at MPL (no checked bag)...
Old Nov 10, 2021, 9:38 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I've used the advance upload function a few times flying to ATH (from various outstations). Sometimes you get a confirmation, sometimes not. My impression is that the KLM service is quite a bit faster (and more consistent) processing these.

Ex ATH they have never offered this to me though (Which sucks because I'm typically only able to arrive at the airport shortly before departure). In fact, even after receiving the BP at the check-in desk at ATH it will not feature the Ready2Fly logo, causing all alarm bells going off at CDG when flying onwards. Last monday I got multiple SMS messages upon arrival at CDG to go to the gate early and have my booking fixed. Instead I went to the lounge...but they were unable to do it.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 12:24 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Nothing to do with that, don't worry. It's just another (useful) system not or poorly integrated with existing checkin system, no communication between the systems and so they want you to stop at the counter to show your vaccine certificate even if you already sent it to ready-to-fly.
Thanks, that seems to be the case. I stopped by the check-in counter this morning and the agent told me that Ready 2 Fly is still far from perfect but should work from now on since a human had actually scanned my certificate and noted it in the system (we shall see…). Right after the agent printed the boarding pass the AF app allowed to get the mobile one with a “Ready2Fly” mention, and indeed I was waived through at the gate without the need to show my passe sanitaire.

No Ready 2 Fly at FCO as they perform the green pass check to all pax before going through security.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, All Accor Platinum
Well we both got that ready to fly on the BP but it did not help whatsoever, the boarding on our AF008 to JFK was a complete mess. We got to the gate, there was a big line at the counter because of a last minute change of the plane(42 J down to 28 J, some people must have been downgraded and pissed). Then you had another kind of multiple queues at the same place for pre boarding.There were 2 people ( not AF) controlling documents and they were not at all aware of ready to fly, the line was coming from all sides with no priority or anything. we also discovered the document needed to be filled up needs to be printed on one paper not 2; almost everyone had to redo it.

in the meantime there were 5 AF agents at the gate doing nothing and not organising the lines, no priority boarding or anything like this.
add to that almost 1h delay to take off and that makes a nice start of holidays !
Old Nov 11, 2021, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sunday I am flying CDG-ATL and a couple of days ago I received an email from AF with a link to the required attestation to enter the US but nothing else which is fine. I am used to doing the document check at the airport.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I flew ATH-CDG-LAX today and Ready2Fly worked flawlessly for me. Received the email a couple of days ago and uploaded both the Binax test results as well as a copy of my vax card. I received an email that said my docs were not in compliance, but it didn't tell me which (and there were two of us on the itinerary). I re-uploaded everything and within a couple of minutes I received confirmation that I was in compliance. Printed out my new boarding passes with the Ready2Fly logo on them and everything was in order.

At ATH, no issues and at CDG when boarding, didn't have to show docs to the agent while boarding - just had to hand him my attestation form.
JOUY31 and blairvanhorn like this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 3:51 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Mileage Plus
This all worked fine for me in early October, when I flew IAD-CDG. I would have appreciated receiving confirmation ahead of time whether my documents were in order (essentially just my French "pass sanitaire," since there was by then no longer a requirement for fully vaccinated travelers from the U.S. entering France to have a COVID test), but ma lash. Or so I thought. After checking in online and receiving a confirmation message for that, I instead received something I'd never seen before: A confirmation d'enregistrement with instructions to present this document at the airport to get my boarding pass! I had never seen anything like this before. All this document showed was my name, reservation/ticket number, flight number, departure/arrival dates/times, and seat number. No indication, for example, of TSA PreCheck (more on that below) or Ready2Fly.
I checked in at the airport per normal (using just my passport) and was all set to produce the myriad documents one now has to have on hand. Everything was fine, and the boarding pass printed had everything on it. But it was definitely weird, at least for those of us who regularly travel and notice all the deviations from what we're used to experiencing.
I am set to travel back to the U.S. in a week (omicron permitting). I've already received the annoying ESTA message (more on that below) and suppose I'll receive the Ready2Fly message later this week.
This is all okay by me, but I will use the occasion to air one of my longstanding gripes with AF as a very frequent traveler: The frequent and seemingly literal disconnect between the personal information in my profile and the part of the AF website that does ticketing. I notice when reserving and purchasing a ticket that sometimes, after logging in as an FB member, my personal information, including passport details and KTN (Known Traveler Number for Global Entry and TSA PreCheck), populate the various fields. Too often, they don't, and I have to enter it all manually (with the follow-up question as to whether I want the information saved to my profile, to which I sometimes answer in my head, "Why? So you can ignore it or double enter it inn my profile?") Regarding KTN, sometimes it shows up in my profile so I can check or reenter it, sometimes not. I frequently note this inconsistencies and sources of irritation whenever I respond to the popups asking me to provide customer feedback with no apparent effect. Has anyone else experienced this? It could well be the subject of some ancient thread, so I apologize for raising a dead horse subject here.
Re the ESTA message, I will note for the record this time that after I received the typically breathless "Important ! Complétez votre dossier pour votre vol" e-mail, I duly went on line, sighing and grumbling comme d'hab, only to find ... everything filled in and just fine. Even the KTN, which is meaningless for this leg of my trip, was there. Bizarre!
To bring things fully back on topic, I do think that AF should include the pass sanitaire for vaccinated EU travelers (residents as well as nationals) among documents to have in one's profile. Like the passport, those have at least a "date of issuance" (vaccination) on them. It would behoove the EU to come together on at least establishing a notional expiration date for travel purposes, since it looks as though we will have to receive boosters for the indefinite future. I acknowledge the problem that arises with the many different national documents outside the EU, but AF is already collecting them on an ad hoc basis for specific flights. They figured out long ago how to deal with passports, which remain an affair of cats and dogs. We all have to expect to show the actual documents when we travel upon request.
Having just gotten a booster , I look forward to uploading my current pass. It would be nice not to have to do it at each leg of travel. As my tale of woe about the information contained in my FB profile indicates, however, I'm not optimistic.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Amrikibibaris
This all worked fine for me in early October, when I flew IAD-CDG. I would have appreciated receiving confirmation ahead of time whether my documents were in order (essentially just my French "pass sanitaire," since there was by then no longer a requirement for fully vaccinated travelers from the U.S. entering France to have a COVID test), but ma lash. Or so I thought. After checking in online and receiving a confirmation message for that, I instead received something I'd never seen before: A confirmation d'enregistrement with instructions to present this document at the airport to get my boarding pass! I had never seen anything like this before. All this document showed was my name, reservation/ticket number, flight number, departure/arrival dates/times, and seat number. No indication, for example, of TSA PreCheck (more on that below) or Ready2Fly.
I checked in at the airport per normal (using just my passport) and was all set to produce the myriad documents one now has to have on hand. Everything was fine, and the boarding pass printed had everything on it. But it was definitely weird, at least for those of us who regularly travel and notice all the deviations from what we're used to experiencing.
I am set to travel back to the U.S. in a week (omicron permitting). I've already received the annoying ESTA message (more on that below) and suppose I'll receive the Ready2Fly message later this week.
This is all okay by me, but I will use the occasion to air one of my longstanding gripes with AF as a very frequent traveler: The frequent and seemingly literal disconnect between the personal information in my profile and the part of the AF website that does ticketing. I notice when reserving and purchasing a ticket that sometimes, after logging in as an FB member, my personal information, including passport details and KTN (Known Traveler Number for Global Entry and TSA PreCheck), populate the various fields. Too often, they don't, and I have to enter it all manually (with the follow-up question as to whether I want the information saved to my profile, to which I sometimes answer in my head, "Why? So you can ignore it or double enter it inn my profile?") Regarding KTN, sometimes it shows up in my profile so I can check or reenter it, sometimes not. I frequently note this inconsistencies and sources of irritation whenever I respond to the popups asking me to provide customer feedback with no apparent effect. Has anyone else experienced this? It could well be the subject of some ancient thread, so I apologize for raising a dead horse subject here.
Re the ESTA message, I will note for the record this time that after I received the typically breathless "Important ! Complétez votre dossier pour votre vol" e-mail, I duly went on line, sighing and grumbling comme d'hab, only to find ... everything filled in and just fine. Even the KTN, which is meaningless for this leg of my trip, was there. Bizarre!
To bring things fully back on topic, I do think that AF should include the pass sanitaire for vaccinated EU travelers (residents as well as nationals) among documents to have in one's profile. Like the passport, those have at least a "date of issuance" (vaccination) on them. It would behoove the EU to come together on at least establishing a notional expiration date for travel purposes, since it looks as though we will have to receive boosters for the indefinite future. I acknowledge the problem that arises with the many different national documents outside the EU, but AF is already collecting them on an ad hoc basis for specific flights. They figured out long ago how to deal with passports, which remain an affair of cats and dogs. We all have to expect to show the actual documents when we travel upon request.
What you described here is happening all the times (and for years for the 2nd and 3rd ones) :
- ready to fly useless from most of outstations because you are obliged to pass through the counter and show again everything.
- profile info that don't go automatically in the booking
- reminder email urging you to complete your personal info in the PNR while every fiels is already populated

Originally Posted by Amrikibibaris
Having just gotten a booster , I look forward to uploading my current pass. It would be nice not to have to do it at each leg of travel. As my tale of woe about the information contained in my FB profile indicates, however, I'm not optimistic.
Personal advice : wait 7 days to upload the booster QR code in TousAntiCovid app, otherwise your pass sanitaire may be invalid when scanned, during one week after the injection.
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 10:06 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by Goldorak
What you described here is happening all the times (and for years for the 2nd and 3rd ones) :
- ready to fly useless from most of outstations because you are obliged to pass through the counter and show again everything.
- profile info that don't go automatically in the booking
- reminder email urging you to complete your personal info in the PNR while every fiels is already populated

Personal advice : wait 7 days to upload the booster QR code in TousAntiCovid app, otherwise your pass sanitaire may be invalid when scanned, during one week after the injection.
Many thanks for the reply. I'm not on FT every day, so I don't check out every thread.

I don't use the TousAntiCovid app, but I appreciate the advice and can imagine others are well advised to heed it. I've always scanned my "pass sanitaire" and prepared full and cropped versions just with the relevant QR codes in different file formats to save to my phone. That way I don't have to worry about no data or WiFi connection (just my battery level).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.