Ready to Fly

Old Feb 8, 22, 8:12 am

Programs: AF/KLM FB Gold, AccorHotels Gold
When I flew to the US during the Christmas holiday period, I had no issues checking in online and getting the boarding cards. I did not have any additional checks at the gate when boarding at CDG to IAD (I had already printed/filled the attestation form) ; the gate agent at the SP boarding line took the paper, saw my ReadytoFly on the mobile app, and waved me through. Seamless.
Old Mar 10, 22, 8:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Doing MAN - CDG - PTP tomorrow.
Received a “ready to fly” invite yesterday.

Uploaded the vaccine records yesterday and the negative covid test certificate about 1:30 ago.
Haven’t been able to check in online successfully (getting a message about rail legs?).
Tried the call centre and was told would have to check in tomorrow AM at airport.

Is this anything to do with the documents submitted to “ready to fly” not yet being approved?
Any idea how long they normally take to approve the uploaded documents?

Could really do with getting sorted tonight!

Last edited by adobbing; Mar 10, 22 at 9:20 am
Old Mar 10, 22, 11:17 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Marriott silver, Hilton
Originally Posted by adobbing View Post
(...) Is this anything to do with the documents submitted to “ready to fly” not yet being approved?
Any idea how long they normally take to approve the uploaded documents? (..)
The idea of ready2fly is that they approve your documents BEFORE you can check-in.

You need to hear from them before you can check in.

Last times it took them between 2 and 12 hours to to grant me the "ready2fly" status.
Old Mar 10, 22, 11:34 am

We flew CDG-ORD on Tuesday. It took 18+ hours for Air France to approve our documents, but we were able to check in before then. Mobile boarding passes reflected "Ready to Fly" status approximately 6 hours before departure.
miles4CDG likes this.
Old Mar 10, 22, 11:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Slight update on this.
I tried again to check in before reading the two comments above.
This time it let me check in, emailing me a “ check-in confirmation”, but bizarrely I’ve only got boarding passes for the second leg of the journey.

For the first leg it says;

”You have successfully checked in for your flight. Please see an Air France agent at the airport to obtain your boarding pass. You should arrive to the airport early to plan for any unexpected delays.”

I’ve not heard anything so far regarding the “ready to fly“ status.
Old Mar 10, 22, 12:27 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue
This time it let me check in, emailing me a “ check-in confirmation”, but bizarrely I’ve only got boarding passes for the second leg of the journey.
that is the usual behavior when Ready2Fly has not been granted. The first BP is not issued electronically.
Old Mar 10, 22, 12:29 pm

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just plan to show documents at check-in desk for your originating flight.
Old Mar 10, 22, 6:37 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K \\ ConciergeKey
I think I know the answer to this, but want to double check.

Flying from SFO - CDG on Monday, I am currently out of pocket, and won’t have my passport until Sunday AM when I get back home.

Do I have to use Ready2Fly? Or can I just show up at the SFO ticketing counter and then present my passport and ID there for verification? I am transiting through CDG on my way to LHR, so don’t believe I need anything else right?
Old Mar 10, 22, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM
Originally Posted by Rumples View Post
I think I know the answer to this, but want to double check.

Flying from SFO - CDG on Monday, I am currently out of pocket, and won’t have my passport until Sunday AM when I get back home.

Do I have to use Ready2Fly? Or can I just show up at the SFO ticketing counter and then present my passport and ID there for verification? I am transiting through CDG on my way to LHR, so don’t believe I need anything else right?
Ready2Fly isn’t a preflight requirement.
Rumples likes this.
Old Mar 10, 22, 7:05 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K \\ ConciergeKey
Originally Posted by TomMM View Post
Ready2Fly isn’t a preflight requirement.
thanks for the quick turn - much appreciated. Now the only worry I have is hoping they have a buy up offer to LPM from Business.
Old Mar 10, 22, 10:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Slight update on this.
I tried again to check in before reading the two comments above.

For the first leg it says;

”You have successfully checked in for your flight. Please see an Air France agent at the airport to obtain your boarding pass. You should arrive to the airport early to plan for any unexpected delays.”

I’ve not heard anything so far regarding the “ready to fly“ status.
No change this morning, still no boarding passes for first leg and no email from ready to fly.
Documents would have been uploaded approx 16 hours ago.

Guess it’ll have to be sorted at check in!
Old Mar 20, 22, 3:14 pm

Flying ORD-CDG tomorrow. Uploaded docs. Haven't received approval. Was able to check-in AND receive boarding passes. The passes do not have a Ready to Fly logo. Anyone see a problem with going through security and then stopping at the agents at the gate to see if they need to verify any of our docs? We aren't checking any baggage.
Old Mar 20, 22, 4:15 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

No change this morning, still no boarding passes for first leg and no email from ready to fly.
Documents would have been uploaded approx 16 hours ago.

Guess it’ll have to be sorted at check in!
To update on this, we checked in at the airport and our paperwork was thoroughly checked.
Because we were travelling on to PTP (Guadeloupe) a negative Covid test was required, either PCR or rapid Antigen, which needed to be certified.
We chose the rapid antigen, which needed to be done within 24 hours of the flight to PTP, rather than 24 hours of the MAN-CDG.
We also needed to fill out a Guadeloupe specific “Attestation”
Neither are required for entry to France itself.

An email came through confirming “fit to fly” 40 minutes after we checked in.
Old Mar 20, 22, 5:31 pm

To update on this, we checked in at the airport and our paperwork was thoroughly checked.
Because we were travelling on to PTP (Guadeloupe) a negative Covid test was required, either PCR or rapid Antigen, which needed to be certified.
We chose the rapid antigen, which needed to be done within 24 hours of the flight to PTP, rather than 24 hours of the MAN-CDG.
We also needed to fill out a Guadeloupe specific “Attestation”
Neither are required for entry to France itself.

An email came through confirming “fit to fly” 40 minutes after we checked in.
Any idea of they'd accept the eMed BintaxNow? Still also not clear which countries they are using Ready to Fly with. We are headed to PPT.
Old Mar 20, 22, 6:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Astrophsx View Post
Any idea of they'd accept the eMed BintaxNow? Still also not clear which countries they are using Ready to Fly with. We are headed to PPT.
Depends on what the regulations are for French Polynesia I imagine, for Guadeloupe there was a big queue at PTP airport whilst paperwork was checked, fortunately we were at the front of it!

Be careful with any test timings, several people on our MAN- CDG-PTP were made to retest at Manchester because they’d taken the “maximum 24 hours” as being 24 hours before departing Manchester.
When in fact it was timed against departing Paris for Guadeloupe.

CDG was a farce, we were texted whilst in the air to report to Air France staff at the gate, it turned out that as there was no passport control at PTP, they marched us back to CDG passport control.
15 people on non EU passports.

The then had to go through bag checking again.
End result was the plane was over an hour late taking off.
If they’d told us before disembarking at CDG, we could have done it ourselves and saved an hour delay!

Search this Thread