New Air France subscription/ reduction cards

Old Dec 2, 2023, 10:02 am

Programs: FB Gold
Do the cartes abonnements ever go on promo ? Or is it just the Week-end, senior, and jeune cartes .?
Old Dec 2, 2023, 2:46 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
There was a EUR 100 discount this past September, and a 30% discount in March for the relaunch of the cards. You also get access to a cheaper price (EUR 100 discount) if you have a BlueBiz membership or a corporate contract IIRC.
mlin32 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 6:12 am

Programs: DL DM & 2MM
Originally Posted by Gringuito
Is it Only possible to use it with a flying blue account ? Or can I use my DL number ?
I have the same question. Given the recent changes to the SkyMiles program my wife is going to try switching to FB, but I'm a DL 2MM (and still DM for '24) so would prefer to continue to accumulate miles there.

And another: I have two kids who are too old to ride in laps, and too young for the Carte Jeune. If my spouse and I have Weekend+ passes, and we want to fly as a family of four, will the kids be offered the usual Enfant price and if so will they have the same conditions (e.g. as to changes) as the Weekend+ fares? Do I need to get them Weekend+ passes as well?

I this on AF's website: "Dans le cas o le titulaire d'une carte Week-End + souhaite rserver un billet pour quelqu'un d'autre (y compris une rservation pour un enfant ou un bb), la rservation en ligne n’est pas possible. Le client doit contacter nos quipes au +33 .... Des frais d'mission correspondant la vente par tlphone seront appliqus."

That makes me wonder if I'm not just better off buying them each a carte Week-End+ as it would only take one trip as a family for the fees to outweigh the current €25/card promo cost.

Last edited by eheinz; Dec 3, 2023 at 6:20 am
Old Dec 3, 2023, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
1) I +believe+ that for online bookings you have to be a Flying Blue member as otherwise you won't have the Weekend fares offered. The way it works is that you log in, and in the section where you indicate who is traveling you chose yourself and click that you have the Weekend card - and only then are weekend fares offered. If you don't log in, you cannot select the Weekend Card option, and you'll only get offered non-weekend fares.
2) For your kids: not sure you can buy a Weekend card for children <2 years? If there is, sure, buy them one - but that will mean that they'll have their own seat.

The AF system is quite cumbersome in that everybody has to be on the same fare - it's not like SNCF where there is an individual price for every passenger according to their rebate status, all in the same booking. So for AF, if you have one adult on a weekend fare, one another without weekend fare, one kid with a Carte Jeune, then you have to book them separately and then call in to link the PNRs so that you can sit together.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
1) I +believe+ that for online bookings you have to be a Flying Blue member as otherwise you won't have the Weekend fares offered. The way it works is that you log in, and in the section where you indicate who is traveling you chose yourself and click that you have the Weekend card - and only then are weekend fares offered. If you don't log in, you cannot select the Weekend Card option, and you'll only get offered non-weekend fares.
2) For your kids: not sure you can buy a Weekend card for children <2 years? If there is, sure, buy them one - but that will mean that they'll have their own seat.

The AF system is quite cumbersome in that everybody has to be on the same fare - it's not like SNCF where there is an individual price for every passenger according to their rebate status, all in the same booking. So for AF, if you have one adult on a weekend fare, one another without weekend fare, one kid with a Carte Jeune, then you have to book them separately and then call in to link the PNRs so that you can sit together.
Thanks -- to be clear, I do have an airfrance.com online account, it's just that I don't have a FB account (the former doesn't require the latter). I guess I'll give a shot and see what happens.

As for my kids, they are in the 3-11 year range, so by default their tickets cost ~ 75% of a usual fare. But if I have to pay a ticketing fee for each pax if we book as a family (because it can't be booked online), that's a horrible value proposition for family travel. Better to pay €25 for their own Weekend+ passes. If no one knows the answer, I guess I'll sign my wife and I up first, then create a dummy booking with the kids.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 12:49 pm

To at least partly answer my questions above, (i) I've bought a pass and have no trouble seeing availability (despite not having a FB account; I am of course logged into my account on the AF website); and (ii) at the flight search stage, the website warns "Please note: Week-End + Pass holders can only add adult passengers.". If I were to try and book fares for my kids "alone" online, the AF system would automatically impose an unaccompanied minor fee. This begs the question of whether I can in fact buy a Carte Weekend+ for each of my kids, and create a booking for them choosing an adult Week-End+ fare.

In any case, the savings are indeed attractive. I searched on fares for Paris-Milan for a random weekend in February, and the R/T fare all-in for a given pair of flights that was €130 for an adult with the Carte Weekend+ would be (i) if booked as a Light fare, €145 for an adult and €120 for a child (2-11); and (ii) if booked as a Standard fare, €205 for an adult and €178 for a child (2-11). And of course the Carte Weekend+ fare is refundable subject to a €20 fee (Standard isn't refundable; and Light isn't even changeable except upon payment of a €100 fee, on top of, of course, any fare change) and, unlike Light, includes a free checked bag. I'd be happy to get my kids a Carte since the cost in this example is only €10 over their Light fare, and comes with the other advantages described above. Perhaps AF is tacitly trying to discourage this, since it would incentivize families to book their holiday travel well in advance.

I've been on hold with AF for 20 minutes to try and clarify ... will report back if I get through before it closes in 13 minutes...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.