Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Air France subscription/ reduction cards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2022, 1:23 am

Getting carte week-end rate with Google Flights

I decided to try the Carte Week-end during the recent promotion, and the fares usually show up as expected if I search for flights on the website/app. But I often find better connections through Google Flights, and if I click the Air France link from there, it lands me in the middle of the booking process and I don’t see any way to “remind” them about my Carte Week-end. I am already logged in to the site, but if I try to go backwards in the process (to reconfirm myself as the passenger), the flights selected through Google disappear and cannot be recovered.

Does anyone know what I’m talking about? The PSL did not understand my problem and helpfully offered to book the flights for me with the 30 € phone fee. Is there any way to do this on the website?
Old Apr 22, 2022, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by DeppityDawg
I decided to try the Carte Week-end during the recent promotion, and the fares usually show up as expected if I search for flights on the website/app. But I often find better connections through Google Flights, and if I click the Air France link from there, it lands me in the middle of the booking process and I don’t see any way to “remind” them about my Carte Week-end. I am already logged in to the site, but if I try to go backwards in the process (to reconfirm myself as the passenger), the flights selected through Google disappear and cannot be recovered.

Does anyone know what I’m talking about? The PSL did not understand my problem and helpfully offered to book the flights for me with the 30 € phone fee. Is there any way to do this on the website?
Not sure whether I get this right, but I think I know what the issue is: there are cases when the LIGHT fare is more attractive/lower than the Weekend card fare. What you find on Google is the LIGHT fare, and that is what shows up when you’re sent to the middle of the booking process. From there, it wouldn’t make sense to « go back » and « identify yourself as a weekend card holder » - that would then trigger again the weekend fare, which is higher than the one you have found on Google.

If the issue is to enter your customer details including your FFP number, that happens in a next step on the AF website even if you got sent there by Google. For every booking you have the possibility to either enter your name/details by typing them, or by logging in with your AF FFP.

Maybe this helps.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 6:13 am

Thank you. I think you have understood the situation. However, I don’t know if the Light fare was cheaper than the Weekend fare in this case, because I could not access the Weekend fare.

If I go through Google and click to AF, it still gives me the option of choosing higher Standard and Flex fares, so whether the Weekend fare is higher or lower than the Light fare, I would like to see what it is! Because the fare conditions are also different, and it is sometimes worth paying a bit more for the flexibility of the Weekend fare.

And in most cases (in my limited experience) the Weekend fare is the cheapest one, a few euros less than the Light fare. And I have this card, so how can I use it and also use the Google flights search engine?
Old Apr 22, 2022, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by DeppityDawg
. And I have this card, so how can I use it and also use the Google flights search engine?
You can't. Google looks for fares that everybody can buy. To get the WE fare, you first must identify yourself as a WE card holder, which you can only do on the AF site.

There are some other idiocies attached to the WE card fares. For instance that you cannot book for other people that don't have a weekend card. So if you want to travel with your kid you can't (kid doesn't have weekend card), so you want to book for the kid in a stand-alone booking, but that forces you to book a UM fare!
Old Sep 9, 2022, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Dear all
another promo sale is on-going for the weekend, senior and youth AF cards. 25€ instead of 49€ util 21/09.
As a reminder the benefits are :
- up to 30% reduction on fare (France, Europe, North Africa)
- one checked bag included
- no modification fee
- reduced cancellation fee (20€ only)

A real bargain at that price
Old Sep 21, 2022, 3:00 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Plat
Is it Only possible to use it with a flying blue account ? Or can I use my DL number ?
Old Sep 21, 2022, 8:01 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I am puzzled by the need to specify the card that you want to use when making an AF booking. The last day of my abonné card is September 29th, and the first day of the renewed card is September 30th. But the booking engine makes it impossible to book a round trip to Europe starting on the 29th and ending on October 3rd, because I can only select one of the two cards for the booking. So I am stuck with using a Business standard or a Business flex rate, instead of the Abonné fare. Splitting travel into two tickets is not a solution:
- the sum of two one-way tickets is much more expensive
- the return portion cannot be booked as a one-way trip with an Abonné fare: travel must originate in France, because the Abonné fare is specific to the French market

Annoying.
Goldorak and SkyteamEP like this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 8:55 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Originally Posted by JOUY31
I am puzzled by the need to specify the card that you want to use when making an AF booking. The last day of my abonné card is September 29th, and the first day of the renewed card is September 30th. But the booking engine makes it impossible to book a round trip to Europe starting on the 29th and ending on October 3rd, because I can only select one of the two cards for the booking. So I am stuck with using a Business standard or a Business flex rate, instead of the Abonné fare. Splitting travel into two tickets is not a solution:
- the sum of two one-way tickets is much more expensive
- the return portion cannot be booked as a one-way trip with an Abonné fare: travel must originate in France, because the Abonné fare is specific to the French market

Annoying.
It is the same mess with all cards.
they are aware of the issue so the only solution is to book on the phone. I did it last week for a ticket I wanted to change beyond validity of the current card.
they do not charge fees as it is obviously not possible to make it on the website.
JOUY31 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 10:12 am

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
Originally Posted by canadavid
It is the same mess with all cards.
they are aware of the issue so the only solution is to book on the phone. I did it last week for a ticket I wanted to change beyond validity of the current card.
they do not charge fees as it is obviously not possible to make it on the website.
Call PSL is the solution, they are aware of this.
JOUY31 and Goldorak like this.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AF-KL Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Silver
Air France Weekend Pass

Hey Guys,

I came across Air France Weekend Pass on their website and was wondering how it works? It's EUR 49.00 for a year and claims that the pass will pay for itself after the first flight and will unlock discounts on Economy fares and will include one checked baggage on all bookings. Is there a benefit to FB Gold and FB Silver members when using this pass? Also, when using this pass, is it require to have a stay in Paris for a weekend or can it be on any other European countries included in the pass without having to stay in Paris?

Thanks
Old Nov 16, 2022, 8:28 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Looking at the Ts and Cs in French it is clear the pass is only valid for departures from France.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 9:45 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by J343
Hey Guys,

I came across Air France Weekend Pass on their website and was wondering how it works? It's EUR 49.00 for a year and claims that the pass will pay for itself after the first flight and will unlock discounts on Economy fares and will include one checked baggage on all bookings. Is there a benefit to FB Gold and FB Silver members when using this pass? Also, when using this pass, is it require to have a stay in Paris for a weekend or can it be on any other European countries included in the pass without having to stay in Paris?

Thanks
Description of what it offers is pretty vague, lots of "up to" and "could". Did anybody on here actually save some money with one of these cards? Carte weekend, carte senior?
Old Nov 16, 2022, 11:05 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Departure have to be from French airports
Destination to FR or EUROPE.

Fare: Changeable with no fees, refund with 20€ penalty
Fare: usually 20-30€ below standard fare. In all cases equal or less to Light fare (but with flexibility in the booking)

Luggage: 1 luggage included in the fare (so 2 luggages for elite members)

Usually, there is a discount on the card several times a year. It can be booked from 15 to 25 instead of 49€ Depending on the discount. Probably for Black Friday they will make one.

Last edited by canadavid; Mar 3, 2023 at 11:42 pm
Old Nov 16, 2022, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
There is an existing thread for those cards :
New Air France subscription/ reduction cards
I suggest the moderators merge the 2.

The weekend card is great. I have it for several years. It is indeed reimbursed after one trip usually. You just need at least a weekend in the trip but the trip can be a several week one.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 2:12 pm

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
Originally Posted by drminn
Description of what it offers is pretty vague, lots of "up to" and "could". Did anybody on here actually save some money with one of these cards? Carte weekend, carte senior?
I have it since long and managed to get substantial savings. I fly to Milan (my home base) at least once per month and on average every ticket cost me 20€ less than the normal fare. 20*12=240 € saved vs a 49€ spend. add to this other weekend trips in Europe and France, and you won't want to miss that card.
newflyer27 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.