LAX-CDG-DXB; long-time FTer; 1st-time AF

Old Apr 18, 2021, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Location: JFK, LAX, LHR, DUB, MIA, ORD, MAD - heavy travel to all
Programs: EXP: 2014, 15, Final 7 Mo of 16, and all of 17 (soon to be '19-20). Big Bonvoy Users
LAX-CDG-DXB; long-time FTer; 1st-time AF

Hello everyone. Hoping into the AF forum after years and years and years on AA since thats where my home/heart/points are.

But my BA leg of my AA routing from LAX to DXB was cancelled a few days ago ... so I booked AF in Business and joined the Flying Blue program.

1. LAX to DXB via CDG will be A 777-300 and a 787-900, I believe. I generally fly the triple 7 on AA so I assume its all the same in the air. The whisky appears better on AF 😂

2. I studied up that Im to use the Korean Air lounge at LAX? Correct/wrong?

3. Appears I have 3 hours at CDG so Ill just use a lounge or is there a particular one you suggest?

4. Return is on KLM (codeshare AF?) through Amsterdam (a few hours). Gonna be weird in Business as its 2-2-2 and Im deciding to take a seat in the center section to have easy aisle access.

5. How is this airline? KLM.

6. Last question. Thoughts about using the meet-n-greet service in CDG or even DXB upon arrival? Seems fairly inexpensive to be hand-held.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and guidance
Old Apr 19, 2021, 12:05 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by nhila
Hello everyone. Hoping into the AF forum after years and years and years on AA since thats where my home/heart/points are.

But my BA leg of my AA routing from LAX to DXB was cancelled a few days ago ... so I booked AF in Business and joined the Flying Blue program.

1. LAX to DXB via CDG will be A 777-300 and a 787-900, I believe. I generally fly the triple 7 on AA so I assume its all the same in the air. The whisky appears better on AF 😂

3. Appears I have 3 hours at CDG so Ill just use a lounge or is there a particular one you suggest?

4. Return is on KLM (codeshare AF?) through Amsterdam (a few hours). Gonna be weird in Business as its 2-2-2 and Im deciding to take a seat in the center section to have easy aisle access.

6. Last question. Thoughts about using the meet-n-greet service in CDG or even DXB upon arrival? Seems fairly inexpensive to be hand-held.

Welcome to AFKL. My two cents below:

1. Seats and service will be roughly the same on both aircrafts - on the 789 there might one row missing one window (row 5)
2. That is correct. There might be adjusted service due to Covid though.
3. Youll transfer at CDG Terminal 2E to 2E. 2E has multiple bays (2E-K - main one,, 2E-L, 2E-M). Flight could be leaving from the main terminal or one of the bays. IMO, I prefer 2E-L lounge, but all are fine. Do note, because there is security at each terminal, youre supposed to access the lounge in your bay (cant use 2E-L if your flight to DXB departs from 2E-K). Could be confirmed by someone else though
4.Thats my preference as well when flying KL 2-2-2. If its the 777, there could be two J Cabins (one main one, and one with only one row, behind the J galley). I always take the second cabin as its more cozy, but you might have lost Y PAX once in a while, and will be last to receive the meal. Not sure on the 333.
5. Hard to say. Better than AA ? Not the best food, but solid hard product, and crew is ok
6. Id recommend to keep your money. Transfer in CDG is rather seamless, so is arrival in DXB.
nhila likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by offvoice
3. Youll transfer at CDG Terminal 2E to 2E. 2E has multiple bays (2E-K - main one,, 2E-L, 2E-M). Flight could be leaving from the main terminal or one of the bays. IMO, I prefer 2E-L lounge, but all are fine. Do note, because there is security at each terminal, youre supposed to access the lounge in your bay (cant use 2E-L if your flight to DXB departs from 2E-K). Could be confirmed by someone else though
Correct.
nhila likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by offvoice
Welcome to AFKL. My two cents below:

1. Seats and service will be roughly the same on both aircrafts - on the 789 there might one row missing one window (row 5)
2. That is correct. There might be adjusted service due to Covid though.
3. You’ll transfer at CDG Terminal 2E to 2E. 2E has multiple bays (2E-K - main one,, 2E-L, 2E-M). Flight could be leaving from the main terminal or one of the bays. IMO, I prefer 2E-L lounge, but all are fine. Do note, because there is security at each terminal, you’re “supposed” to access the lounge in your bay (can’t use 2E-L if your flight to DXB departs from 2E-K). Could be confirmed by someone else though
4.That’s my preference as well when flying KL 2-2-2. If it’s the 777, there could be two J Cabins (one main one, and one with only one row, behind the J galley). I always take the second cabin as it’s more cozy, but you might have lost Y PAX once in a while, and will be last to receive the meal. Not sure on the 333.
5. Hard to say. Better than AA ? Not the best food, but solid hard product, and crew is ok
6. I’d recommend to keep your money. Transfer in CDG is rather seamless, so is arrival in DXB.
Agreed on everything, especially for 6) : keep your money ! useless spend . Just a few remarks
2) before Covid, AF didn't use the KE lounge anymore but the QF one. Don't know the current situation with Covid. As QF has stopped basically all international flights, it is indeed possible that it is back to KE lounge. If KE, the hard product is (or was) not bad but F&B was miserable before Covid, so likely worst since Covid.
3) M concourse (and lounge) is closed. So everything will be in K or L.
nhila likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I just checked the AF site and they indeed mention KE lounge for LAX.
nhila likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA lft PLT 2.2MM, Marriott Plt
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I just checked the AF site and they indeed mention KE lounge for LAX.
Sorry to chime in, but there is a brand new (just prior to covid) AMEX centurion lounge at LAX TBIT. I have yet to try it, but it looks great
Old Apr 20, 2021, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Currently it is Grab n Go only. The food actually looks decent but having to eat it in the terminal with the common folk... less so. /sarcsm

Originally Posted by IoViaggio
Sorry to chime in, but there is a brand new (just prior to covid) AMEX centurion lounge at LAX TBIT. I have yet to try it, but it looks great
Old Apr 20, 2021, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by IoViaggio
but is this the lounge used now by AF ?
Old Apr 21, 2021, 12:11 am

Programs: AA lft PLT 2.2MM, Marriott Plt
Originally Posted by Goldorak
but is this the lounge used now by AF ?
No, you will need an AMEX plat, AMEX bus Plat, or the illusive centurion card
Old Apr 22, 2021, 1:59 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by nhila

3. If you are leaving from the L gates you will be lucky. The L lounge is miles ahead of the K lounge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.