Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Summer flight on AF cancelled - what is the best option? Ex US to EU

Summer flight on AF cancelled - what is the best option? Ex US to EU

Old May 9, 21, 3:58 pm

Programs: MVPGold 75K
Originally Posted by smartytravel View Post
This and only this.

I am surprised to hear that the PCR test is not required.

On the Air France page, it says that the PCR test is required: "As of August 1, new entry requirements for France will take effect mandating negative COVID-19 test (PCR test) results before boarding any Air France flight to France. Passengers departing from the United States are required to have a negative COVID-19 test (PCR test) taken 72 hours before departure."

So which one is it?

https://www.airfrance.us/US/en/local...equirement.htm
I have transited numerous times in the last 9 months from usa to cdg to BEG and never was asked to show covid-19 test for transit. Only if u need the enter France they will ask. Your link is for when France is your destination and not tasnfer point
Old May 9, 21, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by felicidad76 View Post
I have transited numerous times in the last 9 months from usa to cdg to BEG and never was asked to show covid-19 test for transit. Only if u need the enter France they will ask. Your link is for when France is your destination and not tasnfer point
Oh Lord. Like Goldorak said, traveling internationally requires a PHD in bureaucracy and political disease.

Thank you for letting me know!
adambrau likes this.
Old May 10, 21, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by smartytravel View Post
This and only this.

I am surprised to hear that the PCR test is not required.

On the Air France page, it says that the PCR test is required: "As of August 1, new entry requirements for France will take effect mandating negative COVID-19 test (PCR test) results before boarding any Air France flight to France. Passengers departing from the United States are required to have a negative COVID-19 test (PCR test) taken 72 hours before departure."

So which one is it?

https://www.airfrance.us/US/en/local...equirement.htm
Bolding is mine : entry in France. You are connecting in CDG. I checked in Traveldoc (the system used by AF), and it clearly says that transit pax are exempted of test requirement, providing you stay airside. I post a screenshot here (sorry in French).

in any case, the requirements of your destination country will apply too and most of countries require a test.
If you want a final confirmation, call AF.
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old May 17, 21, 1:45 am

Programs: FB LTPE, EK Silver, SK Diamond, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Spire, Accorhotels Gold
If not rebooked immediately, I would wait June to see where it leads to. Like most people said, it is very hard to predict entry/transit rules... However, like what Goldorak said, transit in CDG does not require anything but the destination requirements.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: