New AF safety video from March 1st 2021

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2021, 3:46 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Exclamation New AF safety video from March 1st 2021

Hi

as title said , there will be a new safety video onboard all AF flights from March 1st 2021

i guess this video is the result of the collaboration with Omnicom , choosen in mid 2020 instead of havas (after a 7 years collboration) for AF advertisement campaigns .

I liked the esthetics of videos and visuals created by betc/havas but change was needed , they use same materials for almost 7 years ... i still remember the wonderful mess created by glass candy's lawsuit , but at least ,this time they choose a real a more serious voice for english dub

We can expect a new visual campaign from AF in the following months , when air traffic will reopen

Last edited by fifty_two; Feb 24, 2021 at 7:49 am Reason: mistakes
Old Feb 24, 2021, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
I like it, it's a welcome change. And the finale is smashing!

Now, if we could just fly again ...
maalloc likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
The concept is very good, but the pacing and editing is a bit odd. There's a lot of cuts, transitions, and zooms with few seconds in between. Also, isn't the music too loud? On board the music and the general noise of the plane could make it hard to heard what they say and no everyone reads quite fast.

Agree with blairvanhorn, that finale is great! I'm really enjoying the current trend of airlines showing off their country on their safety videos
Old Feb 24, 2021, 5:21 am

Programs: Miles and More
I like that the guy does not speak with a distinct American or British accent, but a very slight French accent
Old Feb 24, 2021, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I think it is very nicely done and I would enjoy watching it on repeat occasions. But it is the same thing that I noticed with other modern airline safety demo remakes, in that it is far too long. In this age of 2 second attention spans I can see people not watching it at all once they've already seen it.
simonsmith, AZ112 and splflyer like this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 6:05 am

Programs: FB Gold
I like it ​​​​​​, especially the reminders of the Côte d'Azur !
Old Feb 24, 2021, 9:16 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Nice!...reminds me of how much I missed international travel...
Old Feb 24, 2021, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I like it too . I just regret that they don't show more the Eiffel tower a few more seconds at the end, or showing more the splendid views of Paris from the tower.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 7:25 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
Nice video, I love how it doesn’t just show Paris, France is more than just the capital. Imagine how people will feel when then watch this on their first flight to France, great way to make people dream!

I do regret that the man doesn’t have a more... French accent, even thought it is likely so passengers understand better.
kubrick likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 2:47 am

Programs: FB plat, M&M FT
I preferred the old video. When it came out, I literally had to watch it again and again, everything felt so fresh, light and simply fantastic.

This one looks just boring to me, yet another video where we get to see the country - and that perhaps isn't that disturbing when the country isn't very well known (actually, TAP Portugal has a really nice safety video showing the country), but France... Well, thanks for reminding us about the Eiffel Tower. So it's in France, you say?

Would I like to watch this one again? Definitely not. Not quite sure that's the feeling I should be getting after a safety video where the goal is to catch one's attention and make him watch safety procedures.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 2:48 am

Programs: FB plat, M&M FT
Also, getting a new safety video when your airline is bleeding cash and the passenger traffic has drastically dropped? Really?
Old Feb 25, 2021, 3:36 am

i like this this video, thank you so much for sharing ~ Ali Sami Farooq
fifty_two likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 3:38 am

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
Really nice finale.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 1:24 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Smiles/GOL Diamond, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum
Wow !! very chic carte postale of France.
Thanks for sharing.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 5:38 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
Originally Posted by Dominikkk
Also, getting a new safety video when your airline is bleeding cash and the passenger traffic has drastically dropped? Really?
For some context, I heard there was an issue with the high cost of continuing to license the music for the old video.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.