Community
Wiki Posts
Search

expert fare query: Getting AF to price a fare

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2020, 8:27 am
Original Poster

expert fare query: Getting AF to price a fare

I've got a ticket on 2nd Dec LHR-CDG-PTY-BOG - Business Z class outbound / Economy G class inbound

Since I booked there is now LHR-CDG-BOG as an option. But trying to rebook into that that puts into D class as that's all that is available. However if I feed the segments into the website or Expedia or ITA Matrix as a multi-trip - LHR-CDG and then CDG-BOG (then BOG-LHR return, which is unchanged) I can price it like the image below

But when I speak to AF they tell me they only have D from CDG-BOG. They only file a fare CDG-BOG in D or above , but the actual availability is JCDIZ 9 (flight looks empty)

Any advice on magic words I can tell AF to get my trip changed to this? I'm used to flying BA where I don't think I'd have this issue as the Euro sector always books into J class
Old Nov 28, 2020, 2:50 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
They need to request availability on LHR BOG. Also what is/was the first flight of your original ticket? BOG XXX or you really start your trip from LHR? Availability depends on the point of departure nowadays, meaning that for point of departure BOG, there might be only D avaialble for LHR CDG BOG.
Also it depends if you have stopovers in CDG or not. Alternatively you can try to book online the itinerary you want up to the payment page, call them right away and ask them to use the booking you made to change your current ticket by paying the fare difference if any.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Today they upgraded the LHR-BOG flight to A321 and the lower fare classes opened up so I managed to make the change
Old Nov 29, 2020, 10:54 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by sammyg901
Today they upgraded the LHR-BOG flight to A321 and the lower fare classes opened up so I managed to make the change
Hope the flight is not operated on an A321 all the way to BOG
But good that you manage to get your ticket changed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.