Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FIH/BZV

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2020, 9:07 am
Original Poster

FIH/BZV

Hi everyone, I'm struggling to get any decent fares CDG/BZV/CDG in business for December. The flights appear to be wide open but the fares only come up in C class over 7K euros!! If anyone has any ideas or agents that may have private fares i would be grateful. FIH seems to be a lot cheaper and en route but that doesn't help me!

Thank you!
Old Nov 13, 2020, 10:10 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by Abstract1
Hi everyone, I'm struggling to get any decent fares CDG/BZV/CDG in business for December. The flights appear to be wide open but the fares only come up in C class over 7K euros!! If anyone has any ideas or agents that may have private fares i would be grateful. FIH seems to be a lot cheaper and en route but that doesn't help me!

Thank you!
No luck finding cheaper than that.

One comment if you're CDG-based, you can get the fare down to 4k by positioning in LUX, €3500 from MAD,
Old Nov 13, 2020, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Ok great thanks for the info. I did also see that ex FCO is really good. But unfortunately I just wont be able to start elsewhere. One other question in this case. Does AF offer upgrades for cash once a ticket has been purchased?
Old Nov 13, 2020, 12:11 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Ok great thanks for the info. I did also see that ex FCO is really good. But unfortunately I just wont be able to start elsewhere. One other question in this case. Does AF offer upgrades for cash once a ticket has been purchased?
i found as cheap as 2k euros with AF/KL/KQ sold by AF from LHR/FCO/AMS , or if you want from CDG on skyteam , i found 1,7k euros with KQ (paper/metal)

One other question in this case. Does AF offer upgrades for cash once a ticket has been purchased?
Yes , for instance at checkin or when you arrive at counters before flight , but prices are not static , it depends on a lot of factors (route , price you paid , your booking class , load factors , period of the year , plus some secrets that AF dont mention ...)
Old Nov 14, 2020, 12:46 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Book ex FCO on an Italian Travel Agent site then call up AF to drop the first segment. Iberia has a defined process for complying with the Italian law that allows "skipping segments" but it has to be issued in Italy.
HNL1K and dvs7310 like this.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jfkeze
Book ex FCO on an Italian Travel Agent site then call up AF to drop the first segment. Iberia has a defined process for complying with the Italian law that allows "skipping segments" but it has to be issued in Italy.
Ahh yes! I remember reading about this a while back. Have you done such a maneuver? Can you literally call up as soon as ticketed to do this? Also would AF actually deal with me having bought the ticket through an agent?
Old Nov 14, 2020, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by jfkeze
It is OK to buy it on AF Italian website.
https://www.airfrance.it/IT/en/local.../edito_cgv.htm
Better make double sure it is issued in Italy and use a VPN for an Italian IP.

All airlines have a similar clause:sine 2019:
Italian Point of Sale and Using Flight Legs Out of Sequence

It seems a bit risky. First the pax has to no-show, then notify the airline within 24h after the departure time of the unused flight (that's what the law says).
If you originally booked a short transit at CDG that gives you very little time to get it processed. And the remaining flights will probably be originally cancelled once you no-show.

Any people with AF experience of the process?

Last edited by brunos; Nov 14, 2020 at 3:07 am
Old Nov 14, 2020, 7:49 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
I did a random search and you can have a "19" hour layover in CDG.. more than enough time to call/cancel/fix the ticket...

All in price of EUR 2201 versus EUR 7126

Old Nov 14, 2020, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos

It seems a bit risky. First the pax has to no-show, then notify the airline within 24h after the departure time of the unused flight (that's what the law says).
Ahh this is the issue. Imagine if AF just says 'no sorry' after having no-showed. I didn't realise this could only be done after having no-showed. This from AF website I think suggests otherwise...but I'm not too sure!

By way of derogation from the paragraph above, for passengers with Air France tickets purchased in Italy through www.airfrance.it or by means of Air France ticket offices, travel agencies or Air France call center, the following applies.
Such a passenger is not required to pay an additional fee due to a new calculation and any administrative costs if you inform Air France that you cannot, for any reason, use the ticket for that flight and still want to use the ticket for additional routes or, in the case of multi-destination trip, the return routes.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
You truncated the AF text. It says:
"Such a passenger is not required to pay an additional fee due to a new calculation and any administrative costs if you inform Air France that you cannot, for any reason, use the ticket for that flight and still want to use the ticket for additional routes or, in the case of multi-destination trip, the return routes.
Such communication must take place within 24 hours after the departure time of the first unused route of the outward flight or, if the departure time of the return flight is within 24 hours of unused flight, at least 2 hours before departure of the return flight by calling our Call Center at +39 0238591272
. In the absence of such notice, such passenger will be treated in accordance with the provisions of the preceding paragraph."

The second paragraph makes it clear HOW you can inform AF. No other method/timing is considered. Airlines are using the exact language of the
AGCM (Autoritŕ Garante della Concorrenza ed il Mercato) back in 2017, which makes it very difficult to use.

If that clause had been widely used since 2017, that would be well known. Airlines have probably succeeded in making it practically inoperational.
But with a verly long transfer (as mentioned above), it would be worth the try.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Yes fair enough brunos, I see. I'm not sure many people would want to risk this!!
Old Nov 15, 2020, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fifty_two

Yes , for instance at checkin or when you arrive at counters before flight , but prices are not static , it depends on a lot of factors (route , price you paid , your booking class , load factors , period of the year , plus some secrets that AF dont mention ...)
Ok, but do they ever offer upgrades on the manage booking section of the site, as for example BA does? Or is it just when very close to departure basically?
Old Nov 15, 2020, 9:33 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Ok, but do they ever offer upgrades on the manage booking section of the site, as for example BA does? Or is it just when very close to departure basically?
Hmm , yes depends on the flight , you will need to check . You can try now , if not possible you need to wait at checkin . When checkin will open (h-30 from first segment of your journey) , either you will receive an email with a proposal , or you might see a popup , or if no offer , then try to select your seat and you will see what is available

last year i was in Y , and when i tried to check the price of J from the app i was able to "upgrade myself" for 460€/550$
there is a thread of this sub-forum dedicated to upgrades , people report how much they paid or been asked , and at which step of the process = The ultimate thread on buy-ups at OLCI , unfortunately for you FIH/BZV are not very popular routes here , so dont think anyone posted about it

Last edited by fifty_two; Nov 15, 2020 at 10:23 am
Old Nov 15, 2020, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Ok thanks for the info again! I may try buying a PE ticket and see if its offered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.