FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   Carte Abonnement - example fares (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/2027475-carte-abonnement-example-fares.html)

Mollaka Oct 24, 2020 1:05 pm

Carte Abonnement - example fares

Hi all,
I was wondering how does the pricing for the special CA fares work?

Let's say BUD-CDG (my usual route):
Eco light - 150 EUR
Eco flex - 250 EUR
Business - 350 EUR

How would the CA (with SkyPriority) fares would look like as a total guess?
Or is it 120 EUR off all Eco Flex tickets over 120 EUR? (in this case 130 EUR)
I couldn't get a clear indication of how pricing works so help would be appreciated

thanks

Goldorak Oct 25, 2020 2:33 am

For European flights, it is up to 120 € off flex fares in the following booking fares : P, F, Y, B, M, U, K, H, L, T
source : AF website

Goldorak Oct 25, 2020 2:35 am

And for business class European flights, it is 10% off flex fares (C, D, I, J).

JOUY31 Oct 25, 2020 7:12 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 32771297)
And for business class European flights, it is 10% off flex fares (C, D, I, J).

And the fine print :( for non-domestic business class fares only:
- for flights originating in France
- for flights to France originating in GVA, BRU, BSL and LUX; hopefully the AF-operated restriction does not apply to BRU or LUX !

For flights in Y, the EUR 120 amount quoted by Goldorak applies to a round trip. And the discount is not a fixed amount. It is up to EUR 120.

Mollaka Oct 25, 2020 7:57 am

Originally Posted by JOUY31 (Post 32771566)
And the fine print :( for non-domestic business class fares only:
- for flights originating in France
- for flights to France originating in GVA, BRU, BSL and LUX; hopefully the AF-operated restriction does not apply to BRU or LUX !

For flights in Y, the EUR 120 amount quoted by Goldorak applies to a round trip. And the discount is not a fixed amount. It is up to EUR 120.

so this means that the card has no point for a BUD-CDG-BUD flight at all? :O even in economy flex?

maalloc Oct 25, 2020 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Mollaka (Post 32771617)
so this means that the card has no point for a BUD-CDG-BUD flight at all? :O even in economy flex?

Could very well be so. Last year, I bought the Carte and tried to use it. Unable to find any good rates, I did a simulation with the FB Plat line on the few routes I take regularly. It turned out the rates offered with the Carte d'Abonnement were always more expensive than the website price.
We tried on one dates, two dates, three dates... Not being able to find a single route or date where the Carte gave better rates, they agreed to refund it (minus a 10% issuing fee IIRC).

Goldorak Oct 25, 2020 10:22 am

The Abonnés card is more than just a discount. It gives SkyP and also the possibility to take the flight before or after easily. But, now all those advantages are almost useless as all all fares are changeable and with European schedules reduced to strict minimum, having the possibility of a Go Show is almost non existent. In the current times, this card has little interest.

maalloc Oct 25, 2020 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 32771857)
The Abonnés card is more than just a discount. It gives SkyP and also the possibility to take the flight before or after easily.

Out of curiosity, is it any better in this case than the Flex rate (which you end up buying anyway when purchasing tickets with the Carte)?
IIRC Flex already offers free change + refunds in case of a missed flight.

SkyP is a bit of a strange advantage to me. While it comes for free with the Cartes, I would expect most customers interested in such deals to be frequent flyers anyway and quickly reach SkyP on their own anyway by the sheer number of their trips.

flying_blue_white_red Oct 25, 2020 10:53 am

Originally Posted by maalloc (Post 32771637)
It turned out the rates offered with the Carte d'Abonnement were always more expensive than the website price.
We tried on one dates, two dates, three dates... Not being able to find a single route or date where the Carte gave better rates, they agreed to refund it (minus a 10% issuing fee IIRC).

For a same day return trip the card is definitely useful.
Otherwise, yes you are totally right as for example, last week an eco flex fare to BOD was definitely way cheaper than a discount pass fare... go figure!

JOUY31 Oct 25, 2020 2:45 pm

You do get 2 additional (U)XP for each French domestic flight, even when you are not flying on an Abonné fare.

Mollaka Oct 25, 2020 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 32771857)
The Abonnés card is more than just a discount. It gives SkyP and also the possibility to take the flight before or after easily.

but you have to buy the Abonnés fare to get SkyP, correct? which is usually more expensive than Eco Flex (which also gives SkyP).

Who is the target segment of this card? (Even in non-COVID times)?

thanks to all of you who replied so far.

JOUY31 Oct 25, 2020 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Mollaka (Post 32772345)
Who is the target segment of this card? (Even in non-COVID times)?

French business travellers flying within France, mostly with a same day return.

The European dimension is an extension to a product designed for the French market, and it is somewhat of an afterthought. IMHO, the restrictions for departures in business class from European destinations outside France would seem to result from internal processes with respect to allocation of revenue and costs among various markets. These restrictions unfortunately do not help in making the product successful outside France.

canadavid Aug 30, 2021 11:03 pm

Has somebody already used the « go show / after show » on an abonne fare ?
From my understanding, you can show up and take an earlier or later flight.
I am considering getting a ticket but wonder if I can make it:
- one flight i may take is 400€ r/t (7am in the morning)
- the other one is 600€ but i am not sure i can make it but has more convenient time schedule (6pm the day before - but not sure i can make it).

Can I really show up and check in for the 600 one if things get smoothly without fare difference ?
When booking on AF website, it says « Take an earlier or later flight (within 24 hours of original flight) » ? Is it +/-24h or +/-12h ?

Of course, I guess it is subject to availibility but you can barely take the cheapest of the day (which is around 320€ r/t) and show up for the more expensive one ?
Maybe it works these days with low traffic ?

Bullspread Aug 31, 2021 1:48 am

Originally Posted by canadavid (Post 33531863)
Has somebody already used the « go show / after show » on an abonne fare ?
From my understanding, you can show up and take an earlier or later flight.
I am considering getting a ticket but wonder if I can make it:
- one flight i may take is 400€ r/t (7am in the morning)
- the other one is 600€ but i am not sure i can make it but has more convenient time schedule (6pm the day before - but not sure i can make it).

Can I really show up and check in for the 600 one if things get smoothly without fare difference ?
When booking on AF website, it says « Take an earlier or later flight (within 24 hours of original flight) » ? Is it +/-24h or +/-12h ?

Of course, I guess it is subject to availibility but you can barely take the cheapest of the day (which is around 320€ r/t) and show up for the more expensive one ?
Maybe it works these days with low traffic ?

You can do it at zero extra cost IF there are still seats available whatever the booking class available at the time of modification .
Single restriction : this change can only be made on the day of travel and starting from 14 hours before your original flight departure time .

TonyHe Aug 31, 2021 1:50 am

From my experience :
Yes, you can modify your flight once checkin is open. (30H before)

If you try to do it before or via customer service., it will reprice your flight.