Where to get a COVID test fast in Paris?

Old Oct 12, 20, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Gold, QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Where to get a COVID test fast in Paris?

I am schedule to travel to Italy on a Monday. This requires a Covid test that is less than 72 hours old. (I do not wish to do the Covid test on arrival in Italy.) This would mean taking the test on the Friday in Paris and getting the results quickly.

Can anyone recommend a reliable facility that delivers quick results?
Old Oct 12, 20, 11:44 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Perhaps consider making a day trip to Frankfurt (or reroute via Frankfurt) and get tested at the Centrogene facility at Frankfurt Airport? They have results in either 6 hours or 12 hours depending on the fee you paid and when the specimen is collected.
Braniff likes this.
Old Oct 13, 20, 1:35 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by Braniff View Post
I am schedule to travel to Italy on a Monday. This requires a Covid test that is less than 72 hours old. (I do not wish to do the Covid test on arrival in Italy.) This would mean taking the test on the Friday in Paris and getting the results quickly.

Can anyone recommend a reliable facility that delivers quick results?
AF has a partnership with a couple of labs. I would assume that the likelihood of getting a quick turnaround on those tests is higher than other labs (in Paris right now I heard it could take up to 7-10 days).

A friend of mine got tested in Toulouse and got its results in 24 hours. That might be an option as well, looking into labs either in “province” or alternatively in the suburbs.

link to AF labs: https://corporate.airfrance.com/en/n...-its-customers
Old Oct 13, 20, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by offvoice View Post
AF has a partnership with a couple of labs. I would assume that the likelihood of getting a quick turnaround on those tests is higher than other labs (in Paris right now I heard it could take up to 7-10 days).

A friend of mine got tested in Toulouse and got its results in 24 hours. That might be an option as well, looking into labs either in “province” or alternatively in the suburbs.

Thank you. This is very helpful.
Old Oct 13, 20, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by daniellam View Post
Perhaps consider making a day trip to Frankfurt (or reroute via Frankfurt) and get tested at the Centrogene facility at Frankfurt Airport? They have results in either 6 hours or 12 hours depending on the fee you paid and when the specimen is collected.
I can honestly say I had not thought of that 😄
Old Oct 14, 20, 7:35 am

I just did the mandatory test in CDG (coming from a "risk country"), and got the results in less than 15 hours.

Maybe they are more efficient in this regard at french airports, especially with the air traffic not bouncing back as expected.
Old Oct 14, 20, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

I’ve been told that the American Hospital Laboratory is also a good option.
Old Oct 15, 20, 12:47 am

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum
Originally Posted by Braniff View Post
I’ve been told that the American Hospital Laboratory is also a good option.
Do you know if results are in english? I've been holding off from going to Japan because of it...
Old Oct 15, 20, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Digicola View Post
Do you know if results are in english? I've been holding off from going to Japan because of it...
I would be delighted to know any lab that would get the results in English and able to use a format that complies with some country requests (like have full name and passport number).

Note that the english requirement is getting widespread. Outside of EU, countries typically ask for tests results in their local language or in English.
I know that this is not a priority, but with the rapid growth for PCR test request when traveling, France should adapt.
I would also assume that labs will have to show Government accreditation as requested by several airline.

Note that there have been many reports and suspicions of fake test reports. This seems widespread in India. That means that many countries will keep imposing test on arrival on top of pre-departure tests.
Old Oct 16, 20, 9:24 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by offvoice View Post

Is this still the case? Do they still have this partnership, and is the test still for free when showing an AF ticket?

Also, if you are not France-based, be careful, because you have to give a French social security number. Why they want that I don't know, but otherwise the form with which you take the appointment won't work.
Old Oct 16, 20, 9:56 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by San Gottardo View Post
Is this still the case? Do they still have this partnership, and is the test still for free when showing an AF ticket?

Also, if you are not France-based, be careful, because you have to give a French social security number. Why they want that I don't know, but otherwise the form with which you take the appointment won't work.
I booked an appointment and had to input my flight date - so I guess yes? A lot of labs I called or tried to book through Doctissimo were refusing travelers upfront, Synlab didn't. I booked from this link for an appointment in Paris. I'll share back turnaround time once done (in 2 weeks).

As for the cost, no mention of anything on the lab's website - but then again, my understanding is that it's free if you have a French social security number anyway. If no one reports back here by then, I'll ask them if they cover the cost for non-FR patients if they produce an AF ticket.
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Oct 17, 20, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Just a word of caution to those planning to go to Hong Kong. France has been added to the red list (effective 26 October). There are some 30,000 French HK resident. It also applies to anyone who has spent time in France in past 14 days.
https://hongkong.consulfrance.org/Co...risque-par-les

The requirements for the pre-departure test are daunting as seen above.
If in French, it will need a written confirmation from te lab, with its chop (tampon).
The test must be taken no more than 72h of the scheduled departure time of the flight arriving in Hong Kong (not of the original flight departing from France, if you have connections). AF or CX do not fly direct. Assume that you fly AFKL CDG-AMS-BKK-HKG (KL makes a stop in BKK so that it s crew changes and does not have to go into HK and get tested). That means that the test must be taken within 72h of the BKK departure.
No need for details, but that means that you need to get your chopped document some 48h before leaving your French home.

PS: there have been many arrivals from UK who testds positive on arrival, so UK got included a couple of weeks ago. France was not until a couple of French pax tested positive. Other European countries (e.g. Spain) are not on the red list because few pax from there and no positive cases.

Last edited by brunos; Oct 17, 20 at 12:15 am
Old Oct 26, 20, 2:18 pm

CDG and ORY are supposed to have new rapid testing facilities (15-30 min results) for arriving and departing passengers. Has anybody tried this or is anybody going through one of these ports lately and willing to try and report about their experience here ?
Old Oct 26, 20, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by JuniorVoyager View Post
CDG and ORY are supposed to have new rapid testing facilities (15-30 min results) for arriving and departing passengers. Has anybody tried this or is anybody going through one of these ports lately and willing to try and report about their experience here ?
They were supposed to start today, if no delay, so it's likely a bit early to ask for some experience reports
Old Oct 26, 20, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
They were supposed to start today, if no delay, so it's likely a bit early to ask for some experience reports
One can hope especially since it launched with much fanfare in MRS. I'm surprised theres still so little information available online "It will be used for destinations like the US and Italy" isn't very precise.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: