CDG - Sworn statement re. COVID necessary?

Old Sep 16, 20, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA CK, EK Platinum
CDG - Sworn statement re. COVID necessary?

According to https://www.parisaeroport.fr/en/pass...ing-from-paris one must present a somewhat not further clarified document:

CAUTION: passengers are required to show a sworn statement attesting they have no Covid-19 symptoms, for all kind of destinations. This document is handed out / must be handed out to your airline at boarding.

Given we'll have a valid PCR test in hand when departing from CDG, what other document ("sworn statement") do I have to provide?
Old Sep 16, 20, 5:34 am

Programs: Gold: Flying blue / Silver: Club Accor
Exclamation

Originally Posted by ckx2 View Post
According to https://www.parisaeroport.fr/en/pass...ing-from-paris one must present a somewhat not further clarified document:

CAUTION: passengers are required to show a sworn statement attesting they have no Covid-19 symptoms, for all kind of destinations. This document is handed out / must be handed out to your airline at boarding.

Given we'll have a valid PCR test in hand when departing from CDG, what other document ("sworn statement") do I have to provide?
Hi

just my feedback , but the PCR test should be in english or french . Any other language is an invitation for endless talking and possibly denial of boarding

You should also fill-in and print the public health passenger locator form + plus another french form (you can have it in french or english) available here = https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actual...t-et-de-voyage

There is possibility that you won't been asked these documents (unless mandatory) , it depends on the origin or destination of your journey , but take them with you (please print each at least 2 times) to avoid any risks or problems
ckx2 likes this.

Last edited by fifty_two; Sep 16, 20 at 5:46 am
Old Sep 16, 20, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Rust: BA
what other document ("sworn statement") do I have to provide?
If you are given a document at check-in, on board the plane, or on arrival at the airport, then fill out said document.

If you are asked for a "sworn statement", then just tell the person asking you that you have not received any such document, and they will provide you one to complete.
Old Sep 16, 20, 8:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Not quite. Depending on where OP is originating, transiting or will have been in the 14 days prior to entry at CDG, as well as citizenship and residency, a completed "attestation" in hand at check-in. This form can be obtained online (links at embassy and consulate websites, and the AF website). You may also pick up a hard copy at any consulate which is open for public visits. I would hope that AF check-in counters have printed copies handy, but I also would not count on anything or expect others to hand you anything.

For particulars, one should carefully review TIMATIC based on the particulars of who you are and where you are arriving from.
Old Sep 16, 20, 9:34 am
Original Poster

I am specifically asking for the document required as described on the CDG website, which is apparently collected before boarding. I cannot find any document whatsoever for departing passengers. The attestation frontieres exterieures is only for passengers arriving in France.
We'll be arriving from Germany and will be using our German passports for that specific trip.

It seems the requirement for a specific document is either badly misworded or does not exist. Otherwise I will just set one up myself.

Timatic says:
5. Passengers must complete a declaration on honor to state that they do not have symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID-19).

I have yet to find the document Timatic is referring to.

Last edited by ckx2; Sep 16, 20 at 9:40 am
Old Sep 16, 20, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I am specifically asking for the document required as described on the CDG website, which is apparently collected before boarding. I cannot find any document whatsoever for departing passengers. The attestation frontieres exterieures is only for passengers arriving in France.
We'll be arriving from Germany and will be using our German passports for that specific trip.

It seems the requirement for a specific document is either badly misworded or does not exist. Otherwise I will just set one up myself.

Timatic says:
5. Passengers must complete a declaration on honor to state that they do not have symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID-19).

If you are able to do OLCI, this information is collected on-line during the process. Same for intra-Schengen flights.
Overall, don't worry, nobody is caring about another useless piece of paper. But if they give it to you to fill, just do it of course.
Old Sep 16, 20, 3:02 pm

You may find the required information and certificate download here: https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actual...t-et-de-voyage
Old Sep 16, 20, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist
First time I see that PCR testing required when departing from CDG. Is a typo?
source?
Old Sep 16, 20, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by zip10001 View Post
source?
likely because the destination country requires it.
ckx2 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 20, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zip10001 View Post
source?
Maldives as final destination requires it.
Old Sep 22, 20, 9:19 am

Timatic says:

The form you are talking about, that you swear on your honor that you have no symptoms of COVID 19, is still required by Paris. You can fill it out at the airport if you cannot find it online.

Truth be told, it is only randomly collected at CDG as per my own experience and many of our frequent travelers. What I tell passengers is that if you don't fill it out inevitably you will be asked for it, and if you do you won't.

Depending on your destination (MLE?) just figure out what you need for there. PCR test if required for the destination country's entry requirements. Make sure your passport doesn't expire before said country's requirement. Visa on arrival? Do you have to fill out an online form via an app which generates a QR code? I have no idea what the requirements are because it's my day off but those are the 4 formalities which can make make or break the trip. Timatic often contradicts Traveldoc which often contradict what the consular websites list.

But the form you are asking about for transiting France is not something to stress about, If you can download at home and fill out why not? Again for the address request it is always your destination address not where you live in Germany.

Hope that helps.
ckx2 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 20, 12:10 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
I am specifically asking for the document required as described on the CDG website, which is apparently collected before boarding.
That is the problem. CDG website.

You are trying to follow the information on a website that typically has incomplete, outdated, contradictory, misleading, wrong information (several of these may and usually do apply). Congratulations for even having managed to cut through the thicket of irrelevant information, advertising, their confusing layout, badly designed user interface, click-maximising layout, meaningless or misleading headers and sub-menus that hold together this heap of info junk, to have found what you have found. Where Russian hackers meddling in the US election may be the world's greatest misinformation campaign by design, the CDG website is the world's greatest source of misinformation by negligence and incompetence.

Just follow all the hints given to you in this thread by other people.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: