La Premiere routes

Old Oct 5, 20, 2:25 am
  #31  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: CH / NL
Programs: LX HON, FB Platinum for life, Sixt/Hilton Diamond
Posts: 165
Originally Posted by Wil973 View Post
i was in cancun ... in septembre 12 to 19..booked business but upgraded to la première for both inbound ourbound. and it was cheaper than 4400 but i really loved it... to be honest mexico city i feel the covid situation better than here in France...
Lucky you - thought about it, and maybe upgrade on the spot... but found the fare pretty affordable, so hope I have a similar good experience as you.
Will be staying at Cancun, so hopefully less of COVID-19 feel around me there.
Nik_Jr is offline  
Old Oct 5, 20, 2:49 am
  #32  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 197
Originally Posted by Nik_Jr View Post
Lucky you - thought about it, and maybe upgrade on the spot... but found the fare pretty affordable, so hope I have a similar good experience as you.
Will be staying at Cancun, so hopefully less of COVID-19 feel around me there.
Cancun is empty.... was approx 1090 euros the upgrade the return and 1189 the upgrade "outbound " ... not bad for a ticket paid 1070 euros in business
and i was alone so was a good price to do my first la première trip ....
if was 4000 directly on airfrance i would have booked ..but was 8000
Wil973 is offline  
Old Oct 6, 20, 9:34 am
  #33  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: FRA
Programs: AF/KLM FB Gold, AccorHotels Gold
Posts: 525
While not flying every day of the week, AF54/55 from CDG-IAD is back to offering P.
Goldorak likes this.
mlin32 is offline  
Old Oct 7, 20, 5:52 pm
  #34  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Posts: 13,480
Originally Posted by adambrau View Post
Just so people know NY State has imposed a 14 day quarantine for pax arriving from all but 31 countries most of which AF do not serve. Currently we have 2x daily CDG - JFK and vv service. Wondering how this will impact demand on La Premiere and indeed all cabins?
This is clearly one more bad news for airlines flying into NY
brunos is offline  
Old Oct 9, 20, 5:53 am
  #35  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Paris, France
Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Posts: 367
Originally Posted by brunos View Post
This is clearly one more bad news for airlines flying into NY
I flew to JFK in Première yesterday (3 out of 4 seats occupied) with the usual superb crew and service. The mezzanine lounge is just fine, if sparsely occupied. They (AF P lounge staff) said the renovations of the Salon Première should be finished by the end of November - in theory. The chef de cabine told me that traffic in P to JFK continues to be quite satisfactory. Indeed, on my flight yesterday there was a total of around 50 or so passengers, so P was the (relatively) best selling cabin!

As for the 'Quarantine Regulations', it was really a joke. I was handed a form to fill in on the plane asking the usual questions as to my address while staying in the US. At no time was I told that there was an App available. Upon arrival at the totally empty Terminal 1 the man meeting me off the plane did not seem too bothered about the Quarantine form. Upon exiting the Customs Hall there was a woman sitting at a table playing on her phone. She did not even look up from her phone as we walked right by her. I went back and handed her my fairly illegibly filled in form. She simply placed it on a pile of other forms and went back to her phone, no questions asked. All in all not very impressive. Still, New York has one of the lowest rates of infection in the US I am told.
AshleyB is offline  
Old Oct 9, 20, 10:49 am
  #36  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New York
Programs: DL Plat, AA EXP, UA 1K, AMEX Cent
Posts: 596
Originally Posted by AshleyB View Post
I flew to JFK in Première yesterday (3 out of 4 seats occupied) with the usual superb crew and service. The mezzanine lounge is just fine, if sparsely occupied. They (AF P lounge staff) said the renovations of the Salon Première should be finished by the end of November - in theory. The chef de cabine told me that traffic in P to JFK continues to be quite satisfactory. Indeed, on my flight yesterday there was a total of around 50 or so passengers, so P was the (relatively) best selling cabin!
Was unaware they were renovating the P lounge at JFK again. What are they doing this time?
FLYaway3x is offline  
Old Oct 9, 20, 12:36 pm
  #37  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 16,700
Originally Posted by FLYaway3x View Post
Was unaware they were renovating the P lounge at JFK again. What are they doing this time?
this is CDG lounge, not JFK.
Goldorak is offline  
Old Oct 10, 20, 8:10 am
  #38  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 12,662
Originally Posted by AshleyB View Post
Still, New York has one of the lowest rates of infection in the US I am told.
That's 'cause they all wear masks at all times, even when swimming in the nude.

Johan
johan rebel is offline  
Old Oct 15, 20, 5:35 pm
  #39  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East Coast
Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Posts: 10,460
Originally Posted by Wil973 View Post
Cancun is empty.... was approx 1090 euros the upgrade the return and 1189 the upgrade "outbound " ... not bad for a ticket paid 1070 euros in business
and i was alone so was a good price to do my first la première trip ....
if was 4000 directly on airfrance i would have booked ..but was 8000
Good upgrade for sure
fly747first is offline  
Old Oct 29, 20, 7:56 am
  #40  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: CH / NL
Programs: LX HON, FB Platinum for life, Sixt/Hilton Diamond
Posts: 165
Flying today to MEX, 3 PAX in F. The La Premiere lounge was a disappointment (upper floor of the normal lounge). The other services and efficiency are pretty nice, incl. limo transfer for my flight leaving from a K gate.
Some updates via https://www.instagram.com/stories/hi...4677027454849/ if you are intersted.
Nik_Jr is offline  
Old Oct 29, 20, 2:22 pm
  #41  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: London, Paris
Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Posts: 1,856
Originally Posted by Nik_Jr View Post
Flying today to MEX, 3 PAX in F. The La Premiere lounge was a disappointment (upper floor of the normal lounge). The other services and efficiency are pretty nice, incl. limo transfer for my flight leaving from a K gate.
Some updates via https://www.instagram.com/stories/hi...4677027454849/ if you are intersted.
Any sense as to whether the lounge will remain open despite the new lockdown?
sophialite is offline  
Old Oct 29, 20, 2:58 pm
  #42  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: CH / NL
Programs: LX HON, FB Platinum for life, Sixt/Hilton Diamond
Posts: 165
Originally Posted by sophialite View Post
Any sense as to whether the lounge will remain open despite the new lockdown?
Asked my "escort" and she expected it would stay like this. CDG is/was/continues to be mainly used as a hub for transfers last months, with limited French travelers. I hope it's like that for AF, but I doubt it...
Nik_Jr is offline  
Old Nov 24, 20, 7:12 am
  #43  
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: GRU/LIS
Programs: FB Platinum, Hertz Gold, Sixt, ALL Gold
Posts: 138
Hi all,
any idea when La Première will be back to GRU? So far, the route is only operated by A350-9.
Yolow is offline  
Old Apr 6, 21, 2:39 am
  #44  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: RTM, CDG
Posts: 164
Interesting new La P route from June: Maputo (operated by 77W via JNB)
KL714 is offline  
Old Apr 6, 21, 2:48 pm
  #45  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: CH / NL
Programs: LX HON, FB Platinum for life, Sixt/Hilton Diamond
Posts: 165
Originally Posted by KL714 View Post
Interesting new La P route from June: Maputo (operated by 77W via JNB)
Very interesting choice, also not for a very attractive price (yet?)...
Nik_Jr is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: