Community
Wiki Posts
Search

La Premiere routes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2020, 10:26 am

Programs: DL/UA/AA/BA
I see Chicago ORD flights for sale on AF.com with P in October. What are the chances it will operate as scheduled?
Old Sep 27, 2020, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by rasmcasm
I see Chicago ORD flights for sale on AF.com with P in October. What are the chances it will operate as scheduled?
unlikely
Old Sep 28, 2020, 1:51 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
I saw a B77W on AF136 a couple of times over the summer. Also today they have one (with P) scheduled, so I guess there is a chance that it will operate as scheduled.
However I don't understand why they operate P on a new route (was a A332 in the past) and other premium routes with prior consistent P-service, such as SIN, get the Dreamliner without P.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 2:22 am

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by gkl
I saw a B77W on AF136 a couple of times over the summer. Also today they have one (with P) scheduled, so I guess there is a chance that it will operate as scheduled.
However I don't understand why they operate P on a new route (was a A332 in the past) and other premium routes with prior consistent P-service, such as SIN, get the Dreamliner without P.
Don't forget that overall there still are quite a few people that can travel between Europe and the US, once you tick the boxes (residency or citizenship in both) you can basically travel back and forth as much as you want (yes quarantine I know). Relative to that Singapore is very small as only PR and Citizens can enter currently (and a few exemptions, not enough for frequent travel).
I guess cargo also plays a role? It seems AF is using its P equipped 777 as much as possible. Even NRT is getting them... (I know Japan has the same visa problems as SG but that has been relaxed recently).

I must admit I am surprised for the cargo though. Apparently freight prices to Oz are through the roof because of the restrictions so the lastest ploy has been to funnel everything through Singapore and ship it from there so I would have thought it would warrant a 777. Maybe the fuel costs dont justify it, it is a long flight after all.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 12:19 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Digicola
Don't forget that overall there still are quite a few people that can travel between Europe and the US, once you tick the boxes (residency or citizenship in both) you can basically travel back and forth as much as you want (yes quarantine I know).
You actually don't need to quarantine for many countries if you get the PCR test in time (some countries even demand it). But even then it's very few people that can travel compared to plane capacity (plane is 5-10% full and I was even solo in KLM J from AMS-SFO in August).
Old Sep 28, 2020, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LX HON, FB Platinum for life, Sixt/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Sjondorn
You actually don't need to quarantine for many countries if you get the PCR test in time (some countries even demand it). But even then it's very few people that can travel compared to plane capacity (plane is 5-10% full and I was even solo in KLM J from AMS-SFO in August).
Unfortunately I can only name a few..? Or what am I missing...
Old Sep 28, 2020, 2:09 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Transit via one of those who require PCR test to board the flight and stay overnight (or have separate booking). They won't require you to quarantine. Then it's intra-EU flight => no restrictions.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 2:24 am

Programs: Many
AF has modified last week my SIN-CDG booking for Feb: 77W replaced by 789 so no more P that day.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by bodory
AF has modified last week my SIN-CDG booking for Feb: 77W replaced by 789 so no more P that day.
HKG and SIN are now served in 789 for the entire winter season. SQ does not sell its P product neither between SIN and CDG .
Too much uncertainty on the kind of planes they will put on the various routes.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Bullspread
HKG and SIN are now served in 789 for the entire winter season. SQ does not sell its P product neither between SIN and CDG .
Too much uncertainty on the kind of planes they will put on the various routes.
AF is not flying to HKG (nor CX). They are not planning to fly in october or November. Both have scheduled flights starting in December (789 for AF).
But AF kept postponing and it is quite uncertain that they will resume soon.
Especially after several BA cabin crew got tested positive on arrival at HKG which severely disrupted BA schedule. The whole cabin crew has a compulsory 14 days quarantine in a dedicated facility and cannot fly their normal schedule.
Maybe HKG will relax its policy towards airline/ship crews but it is doubtful given the explosion in Europe. UK has been put on the high-risk lost by HK. France has not because of the limited traffic from France.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Just booked AF0178 (CDG-MEX) for November in La Premiere. Weird enough, could not book online and had to call KLM Platinum service line.
Also... couldn't book a return, so now flying back with KL to/via AMS. Quite a bargain though, approx. 4400 euro for complete trip: FRA CDG MEX CUN MEX AMS FRA.

Hope it works out, in case they downgrade or cancel the F leg, will cancel the whole trip.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Nik_Jr
Just booked AF0178 (CDG-MEX) for November in La Premiere. Weird enough, could not book online and had to call KLM Platinum service line.
Also... couldn't book a return, so now flying back with KL to/via AMS. Quite a bargain though, approx. 4400 euro for complete trip: FRA CDG MEX CUN MEX AMS FRA.

Hope it works out, in case they downgrade or cancel the F leg, will cancel the whole trip.
I assume that you go to Cancun for holiday.
I assume that you do not wish to stopover in Mexico City given the covid situation there.
Then why not take the nonstop FRA-CUN flight on LH?
Sure you will skip one leg in P, but you will have a lie-flat all the way to CUN and back , rather than those 4 short uncomfortable segments. You will not have to deal with all these connecting airports, the hassle and associated covid and misconnect risks. And it only costs 2,600.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos
I assume that you go to Cancun for holiday.
I assume that you do not wish to stopover in Mexico City given the covid situation there.
Then why not take the nonstop FRA-CUN flight on LH?
Sure you will skip one leg in P, but you will have a lie-flat all the way to CUN and back , rather than those 4 short uncomfortable segments. You will not have to deal with all these connecting airports, the hassle and associated covid and misconnect risks. And it only costs 2,600.
Thanks Brunos! But I was/am very keen to try La Premiere once... and lately often disappointed by LH, in P and in F.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
Just so people know NY State has imposed a 14 day quarantine for pax arriving from all but 31 countries most of which AF do not serve. Currently we have 2x daily CDG - JFK and vv service. Wondering how this will impact demand on La Premiere and indeed all cabins?
Old Oct 4, 2020, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by Nik_Jr
Thanks Brunos! But I was/am very keen to try La Premiere once... and lately often disappointed by LH, in P and in F.
i was in cancun ... in septembre 12 to 19..booked business but upgraded to la première for both inbound ourbound. and it was cheaper than 4400 but i really loved it... to be honest mexico city i feel the covid situation better than here in France...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.