Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID Restrictions to entry in France

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2022, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by alex67500
Are there any restrictions on entering Guadeloupe? Coming from the UK via Paris. Is there anything different (requirement to test on top of vax for example)?
Yes, PCR or rapid test 24hrs before time of departure of flight to Guadeloupe (not your UK-CDG flight), providing you are fully vaxxed of course
alex67500 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blairvanhorn
I am reading in the French press this morning that Hong Kong is lifting its ban on international flights from 9 countries, including France, the UK and the US (starting in April, no specific date given yet).
AFAIK, it is April 1st (and also shortened quarantine period to 7 days) and it is good news for people like brunos but of limited significance for most of us since entry into HK is still limited mostly to HK residents.
blairvanhorn and maalloc like this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by NickB
AFAIK, it is April 1st (and also shortened quarantine period to 7 days) and it is good news for people like brunos but of limited significance for most of us since entry into HK is still limited mostly to HK residents.
It is indeed a somewhat-good news.
However HK suspend an airline for 14 days as soon as there is 4 positive cases on arrival within a week. Given that PCR test is set to be extremely sensitive (CT 45), that usually happens after one flight, 2 if lucky. Also it is near impossible to find a room in a designated hotel, and you have to keep trying to reschedule because of flight suspension. Anyway HK has been in a semi lockdown and food is not easy to get. No exercise possible, mask must be worn even if hiking or running (five EUR600). No tennis, golf, swimming, all beaches (it is 28) have been closed and walled in There is an exodus of expats leaving HK for good.SAd to see so many flights to HK with only cargo (because suspension) and full with pax out of HK.
AF has not flown for nearly 2 years and KL only one weekly flight, periodically suspended.
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brunos
It is indeed a somewhat-good news.
However HK suspend an airline for 14 days as soon as there is 4 positive cases on arrival within a week. Given that PCR test is set to be extremely sensitive (CT 45), that usually happens after one flight, 2 if lucky. Also it is near impossible to find a room in a designated hotel, and you have to keep trying to reschedule because of flight suspension. Anyway HK has been in a semi lockdown and food is not easy to get. No exercise possible, mask must be worn even if hiking or running (five EUR600). No tennis, golf, swimming, all beaches (it is 28) have been closed and walled in There is an exodus of expats leaving HK for good.SAd to see so many flights to HK with only cargo (because suspension) and full with pax out of HK.
AF has not flown for nearly 2 years and KL only one weekly flight, periodically suspended.
Indeed. What is happening in HK is depressing on so many counts well beyond the scope of this board. I admire your resilience, brunos. It can't be easy for you.
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JMontpelier
An mRNA booster plus seven days is currently required for entry to France.
Is it required for transit? (BOM-CDG-JFK). Vax'ed (2 doses Covishield > 1 yr, not boosted)
I don't see any specific mention of transit being exempt(but we are also not entering France/EU)

Last edited by Acid; Apr 4, 2022 at 10:03 am
Old Apr 4, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by Acid
Is it required for transit? (BOM-CDG-JFK). Vax'ed (2 doses Covishield > 1 yr, not boosted)
I don't see any specific mention of transit being exempted(but we are also not entering France/EU)
Not sure about the law, but the Protection Civile is checking vaccinations as you go in, and also in the transfer lanes. So I'd expect that you probably need it. It's still legally required for long distance mass transit. I don't think international flights are exempt.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by alex67500
Not sure about the law, but the Protection Civile is checking vaccinations as you go in, and also in the transfer lanes. So I'd expect that you probably need it. It's still legally required for long distance mass transit. I don't think international flights are exempt.
Interesting, India doesn't have mRNA - so not sure what France/Europe expects. Covishield(Astrazeneca) is the most common one there.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:51 pm

I am flying Air France from ATL to CDG on Friday. I am single vaxed (not fully vaxed in the eyes of France). I have my own reasons, my first dose of vax was actually far worse reaction than when I actually got Covid. Just my own experience, not saying that is other people's, FYI. Don't want to upset anyone...

I am seeing a 48 hour window to get an antigen test before departure? Asking because I read some people saying online that it's 24 hours, but official websites state 48?

Also, is the walgreens NAAT test going to qualify?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by jbandy10
I am flying Air France from ATL to CDG on Friday. I am single vaxed (not fully vaxed in the eyes of France). I have my own reasons, my first dose of vax was actually far worse reaction than when I actually got Covid. Just my own experience, not saying that is other people's, FYI. Don't want to upset anyone...

I am seeing a 48 hour window to get an antigen test before departure? Asking because I read some people saying online that it's 24 hours, but official websites state 48?

“Unvaccinated travelers are welcome if they show proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of their departure or proof of a negative rapid antigen test taken within 48 hours of their departure.”

no idea what a NAAT test is
Old Jun 29, 2022, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
“Unvaccinated travelers are welcome if they show proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of their departure or proof of a negative rapid antigen test taken within 48 hours of their departure.”

no idea what a NAAT test is
It's a nucleic acid amplification test -- rt-PCR is a type of NAAT test.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
It's a nucleic acid amplification test -- rt-PCR is a type of NAAT test.
No idea if these are accepted...

If they are super fast "rapid PCR" I doubt it will work

per the French consulate in NYC (French ministry of the Interior has the same info)

Unvaccinated travelers must present a negative result of a PCR test less than 72 hours or an antigen test less than 48 hours before departure (departure of the first flight in the event of a connection), or a certificate of recovery (positive result of a PCR or antigen test carried out more than eleven days and less than six months previously. This certificate is only valid for a period of six months from the date of the examination or test)."

RT-PCR
PCR
qRT-PCR
RT-LAMP
LAMP
Détection de l’ARN (RNA)
Antigénique detecting N protein

Not sure if this is up to date but you're better off getting a PCR or an antigen test or calling your local French consulate.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by jbandy10
yes, no problem. And no one is looking at what kind of test you did. The only thing they look at is the date & time and the word "negative".
Xyzzy and eglise like this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
No idea if these are accepted...

If they are super fast "rapid PCR" I doubt it will work

per the French consulate in NYC (French ministry of the Interior has the same info)

Unvaccinated travelers must present a negative result of a PCR test less than 72 hours or an antigen test less than 48 hours before departure (departure of the first flight in the event of a connection), or a certificate of recovery (positive result of a PCR or antigen test carried out more than eleven days and less than six months previously. This certificate is only valid for a period of six months from the date of the examination or test)."

RT-PCR
PCR
qRT-PCR
RT-LAMP
LAMP
Détection de l’ARN (RNA)
Antigénique detecting N protein

Not sure if this is up to date but you're better off getting a PCR or an antigen test or calling your local French consulate.
NAAT is a PCR test. It should wrk just fine in this case. The "RT" in RT-PCR stands for "Reverse Transcription," not "Rapid Test."
Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:40 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
NAAT is a PCR test. It should wrk just fine in this case. The "RT" in RT-PCR stands for "Reverse Transcription," not "Rapid Test."
A RT-PCR is a type of NAAT, but not all NAAT tests are PCR:

NAATs can use many different methods to amplify nucleic acids and detect the virus, including but not limited to:
  • Reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR)
  • Isothermal amplification including:
    • Nicking endonuclease amplification reaction (NEAR)
    • Transcription mediated amplification (TMA)
    • Loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP)
    • Helicase-dependent amplification (HDA)
    • Clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats (CRISPR)
    • Strand displacement amplification (SDA)
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...lab/naats.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.