Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2021, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
A fukk name? Sorry, couldn't resist!!
Old Sep 1, 2021, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by brunos
Sorry to change topic. A family member going to Hong Kong just got vaccinated in France. HK requires the name to exactly match the passport (all given names, maiden and married name). You won't be able to board if not exact match (for vaccination record and PCR tests).
The French certificate only gives the short name version as on the Vitale card (e.g. first name and maiden name).
Impossible to produce anything else at vaccination center.

Anyone managed to change the name to a fukk name?
Good luck with this...I have no hope. HK is really completely crazy with those requirements
Old Sep 1, 2021, 12:53 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by brunos
Sorry to change topic. A family member going to Hong Kong just got vaccinated in France. HK requires the name to exactly match the passport (all given names, maiden and married name). You won't be able to board if not exact match (for vaccination record and PCR tests).
The French certificate only gives the short name version as on the Vitale card (e.g. first name and maiden name).
Impossible to produce anything else at vaccination center.

Anyone managed to change the name to a fukk name?
I haven't, and trust me I spent the better part of the summer trying to.
I went to different vaccination centers who can edit vaccination entries in the French database but couldn't (wouldn't?) put anything else than what's on the Carte Vitale.
Of course, the CPAM would not touch the vaccination records (it's the vaccination centers' job).

I gave up when the latest CPAM agent told me that my Etat Civil was incorrect and I should go make an administrative request to have my legal name changed (no kidding).

However.

My (maybe optimistic) understanding from the French consulate in HK how-to guide was you could, in case your local vaccination certificate was not checking every box, produce a letter from the vaccination center in English that certifies that you had your jabs with all the required information. So my goal was to go back to the vaccination center with a template letter, hope they could print it on letterhead, sign it, stamp it, whatever makes it look official in the eyes of a HK border officer, and produce that before boarding instead of the CPAM's flawed attestation.

Of course this strategy stayed hypothetical after August 20th immigration policy u-turn. Still, it was the best I could come up with given the stubbornness of all protagonists.
blairvanhorn and brunos like this.

Last edited by maalloc; Sep 1, 2021 at 1:08 pm
Old Sep 1, 2021, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by stimpy
Agree. I've never paid for a PCR in New York or France. And I've had many.
I presume you have somehow joined the French health system, yes?
Old Sep 1, 2021, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Landing Gear
Tests in France were free for everybody until a month or two ago.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by TomMM
I have had several free tests in CDG (I'm not a French citizen) and it was always under the circumstances a good and efficient experience.
bostontraveler likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Landing Gear
Yes. And US health insurance. And other countries. I travel a lot.
Landing Gear likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Agree. I've never paid for a PCR in New York or France. And I've had many.
Yawn.

They are not generally free in the US. I don't know where you go that is unique... please share with the rest of us. The ones that are of any use to travelers are not guaranteed in 72 hours.

I have had to pay each and every time.

But again, you seem to have an exceptionally superior travel experience than most.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Yes. And US health insurance. And other countries. I travel a lot.
So you do pay. Your health insurance pays.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Stil
I have had several free tests in CDG (I'm not a French citizen) and it was always under the circumstances a good and efficient experience.
Far better in France than the US.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bostontraveler
So you do pay. Your health insurance pays.
Nope. In New York City it is free for all. Vaccines are also free for all. Unless things have changed recently. I haven't had to take a test for several months now. I have posted about this many times in various forums here. As have others. Look around or try Google.

And traveling around New York State I've also see plenty of free testing and free vaccines signs. And you don't have to have a NY ID or even be a US citizen.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 4:41 pm

Nope. In New York City it is free for all. Vaccines are also free for all. Unless things have changed recently. I haven't had to take a test for several months now. I have posted about this many times in various forums here. As have others. Look around or try Google.

And traveling around New York State I've also see plenty of free testing and free vaccines signs. And you don't have to have a NY ID or even be a US citizen.
Good to know. And you get your results in less than 72 hours?

Not the case elsewhere...
Old Sep 2, 2021, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
IME it's the time, not the $. I've found places that will happily take my insurance s I have no out-of-pocket expense. But getting a test with results back in time for a 72hr travel deadline means many testing locations are a no-go.
Exactly my experience.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bostontraveler
Good to know. And you get your results in less than 72 hours?

Not the case elsewhere...
Yes in most cities it is less than 24 hours these days. This is discussed quite a bit in the testing threads.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by TomMM
I had to pay 30 Euros for a test at LYS on July 25.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.