Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID Restrictions to entry in France

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2021, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by Sjondorn
Is there a way to get European Covid pass at CDG during a 4 hr layover? Long story short, flying to PRG and have my flimsy CDC card + digital QR code from state of California. Getting the EU Covid Pass from that in Czech is quite some mess as far as I read so I'm wondering if I can that sorted more quickly in France (with a Czech ID card/passport).
@brunos I think we need to create a new thread...

To answer your question it might be possible.. I was surprised to notice today that there were screens showing Covid resources (testing, pharmacy, etc) at baggage claim.

The wild card is the timing/waits.

Have you checked on the ADP website? Perhaps you can email/call them to check the procedures. The gentleman sitting next to me on my flight had an appointment with a pharmacist.
brunos likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sjondorn
Is there a way to get European Covid pass at CDG during a 4 hr layover? Long story short, flying to PRG and have my flimsy CDC card + digital QR code from state of California. Getting the EU Covid Pass from that in Czech is quite some mess as far as I read so I'm wondering if I can that sorted more quickly in France (with a Czech ID card/passport).
August is almost here so I think we are waiting for the announcement.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
They won't… force you to eat brie and croissants for 5 days.
Well, I wouldn't mind that…
renila, Xyzzy and bostontraveler like this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
@brunos I think we need to create a new thread...
There is already a thread on the pass sanitaire in the France forum. I suggest we use this one. It seems indeed more relevant to the France forum than to the AF forum.
Expansion of the pass sanitaire
Old Jul 29, 2021, 6:35 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by TomMM
August is almost here so I think we are waiting for the announcement.
If the fonctionnaires aren't on vacation, yes. :-)
Old Jul 29, 2021, 7:02 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
If the fonctionnaires aren't on vacation, yes. :-)
There is a game in France, called "Mikado fonctionnaires". He who moves first has lost.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
There is a game in France, called "Mikado fonctionnaires". He who moves first has lost.
Hadn't heard that one but I think you'll like this other one:

Q. Who is the most powerful person in France?

A. La personne devant le guichet.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Landing Gear
Hadn't heard that one but I think you'll like this other one:

Q. Who is the most powerful person in France?

A. La personne devant le guichet.
I would rather answer:
A. La personne derrière le guichet.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by brunos
I would rather answer:
A. La personne derrière le guichet.
I'm just giving it the way I heard it.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I have completed a déclaration sur l’honneur for my upcoming trip to Nice. Does one have to complete a passenger record locator for the French authorities, as I have had to do for Poland and Portugal these past two weeks?
Old Aug 5, 2021, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On my ATL-CDG flight the crew handed out and collected the locator forms during the flight.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Concerto
I have completed a déclaration sur l’honneur for my upcoming trip to Nice. Does one have to complete a passenger record locator for the French authorities, as I have had to do for Poland and Portugal these past two weeks?
no one will ever request the declaration sur l’honneur. You can put it in trash now if you want. And they will indeed distribute a paper PLF during the flight and that will be collected by the crew.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 3:04 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
And they will indeed distribute a paper PLF during the flight and that will be collected by the crew.
... Which I have no idea why they ask for that as, when I was tested positive to COVID right after an AF flight and called the Platinum line, no one really cared, nor contacted me afterwards (while hotels REALLY cared and tested all employees...)
Old Aug 6, 2021, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goldorak
no one will ever request the declaration sur l’honneur.
In theory, the transport company is supposed to check it prior to departure. My experience ex-UK has been that ferry companies do check it most of the times but that AF (at LHR at any rate) does not. It does no harm to carry one around just in case.
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NickB
In theory, the transport company is supposed to check it prior to departure. My experience ex-UK has been that ferry companies do check it most of the times but that AF (at LHR at any rate) does not. It does no harm to carry one around just in case.
For my ATL-CDG flight the DL check in agent ask if I had it but didn’t require it to issue my BPs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.