SFO-CDG, on to Croatia during COVID

Old Aug 1, 2020, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
SFO-CDG, on to Croatia during COVID

I booked SFO-CDG on AF for early September back in January before COVID. Since France will likely be a no-go, can I fly onward to Croatia which is allowing US visitors? I got the AF ticket (in J) at a great price so I don’t want to re-ticket the whole trip. But if the connecting flight to Croatia is a separate ticket, I’m thinking I wouldn’t be allowed on the AF flight from SFO. Or if I can actually do this, what happens if I can’t get the connecting flight to Croatia until the day after my arrival at CDG? Is the Yotel at CDG an airside option to spend the night since I wouldn’t be allowed into France? Just feeling out what options I might have here besides cancellation.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I won’t comment if you are allowed to fly to Croatia or not as an American. This is changing every day. Each EU-MS is taking whatever crazy or less crazy measures in a totally disorganized mode, so this is a big mess. Assuming you can go to Croatia, you won’t be accepted to fly on CDG on separate tickets because you will be considered CDG-bound only.
I will repeat here what I have said in multiple threads of FT those last months : do not travel on separate tickets during this COVID period. Apart immigration/entry rules, the other reason is that airlines are constantly cancelling flights or readjusting schedules and so flying with separate tickets will get you screwed at one point with a likelihood of 95%.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Thanks for the reality check. I’m going to have a lot of credit with AF after this year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.