Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID testing in Paris Airport

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2020, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
To report my own experience here going from CDG to TXL via AMS. I managed to get tested 2 days before flight, I mean 2 days but not 48hrs before (around 55hrs before landing time in TXL). Got the results on-time, in French of course, so I printed 2 copies : one clean and another one on which I hand-written English translation of main items.
And guessed what : zero control arriving in TXL I don’t know if it is because I was arriving from AMS instead of CDG, but sincerely I am not even sure.
This is the 2nd time that I have to do a test for a destination requiring it and both times, it was for nothing.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 12:41 am

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
And guessed what : zero control arriving in TXL I don’t know if it is because I was arriving from AMS instead of CDG, but sincerely I am not even sure.
This is the 2nd time that I have to do a test for a destination requiring it and both times, it was for nothing.
Flew into FRA twice last week. Once we were bused to the terminal and there were no checks whatsoever. The second time there were police checking ID once we were off the jetbridge. A quick look at my id card and a "danke" later I was free to go.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 2:41 am

Programs: LH HON
Germany requires a test within 48 hours on arrival, not before departure - thus no checks are taking place. It's the passengers obligation to comply with the regulations. Until the test result one has to quarantine him/herself.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ckx2
Germany requires a test within 48 hours on arrival, not before departure - thus no checks are taking place. It's the passengers obligation to comply with the regulations. Until the test result one has to quarantine him/herself.
Incorrect. Germany requires either a test within 48 hrs of arrival and self-isolation waiting for the results or present a negative test on arrival less than 48hrs (and then no quarantine). And if you choose to get tested on arrival, the easiest is to get tested at the airport. And no, it's not only the responsibility of pax to comply with rules, but authorities need to check compliance. For all countries that give a choice between 2 options (have a negative test or get tested on arrival+self-isolation), authorities need to control the arrival flow and make sure pax comply with rules, otherwise...
Old Sep 29, 2020, 12:55 am

Programs: LH HON
You seem to misunderstand the federal system. There is no one rule for all sixteen Bundesländer.

The are no enforcements. It's the obligation of one individual to comply.

https://www.bundesgesundheitsministe...g-germany.html
Old Nov 11, 2020, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Some welcome developments and clarifications for COVID tests in CDG and ORY. An update has been posted today on ADP website (yes, I know, this sounds like a miracle )
https://www.parisaeroport.fr/passage...nique-covid-19
New test centers are available in CDG 2E (departure level gate 17, from 7 am to 5 pm Mo to Sa and 7 am to 12 on sunday) and at ORY 1A (arrival level, near bagage claim, same times as CDG). Last admission 1hr before closing time. Appointment required via Doctolib.

Those new centers are for departing pax and will provide both RT-PCR tests with a guaranteed result in less than 48 hrs and antigenic tests with guaranteed results in less than 2 hrs.
As you know, only ticketed pax are allowed to enter the terminals. For pax having a PCR test a few days before the flight, it will be needed to show your booking to be allowed to enter the terminal.
It is my understanding that the pre-existing test centers (in CDG 2E and 2A arrival levels) will still be there but reserved for arriving pax (from red, dark red, super red, dark+ red, dark+++ red, etc) countries while the new ones are clearly for departing pax (immediate departures or departing soon).

Those tests are free of charge for everyone (French nationals and foreign people).
Old Nov 11, 2020, 4:17 pm

With more and more countries requiring a PCR before departure now (Singapore being the latest addition) this is a very welcome measure. ADP being competent for once, what a pleasant surprise. Can't complain when it comes to the price either, considering the price of tests in some countries a PCR can end up costing more than the actual plane ticket sometimes...

I wonder if the certificate is in english too though, that has always been a problem in this country. Are the staff that administer tests willing to sign forms? (Japan requires a separate form to be filled in by a medical professional for example) Otherwise having a negative test will still mean a trip to see a GP to get him/her to sign off on it.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
There are a growing number of rapid tests. LAMP is the most famous one. Its accuracy for positive is not as good as RT-PCR, but decent. Some countries accept LAMP and not other antigen tests (e.g. HK). Others accept antigen tests. Many others only accept PCR tests. Better to carefully check before departing.

Any information about the exact rapid test used at ADP?
Old Nov 16, 2020, 5:11 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
It is my understanding that the pre-existing test centers (in CDG 2E and 2A arrival levels) will still be there but reserved for arriving pax (from red, dark red, super red, dark+ red, dark+++ red, etc) countries while the new ones are clearly for departing pax (immediate departures or departing soon).

Those tests are free of charge for everyone (French nationals and foreign people).
If I understand right, does that mean that if I am transferring via CDG from and to a Schengen country, I can get tested for free?
Old Nov 16, 2020, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
If I understand right, does that mean that if I am transferring via CDG from and to a Schengen country, I can get tested for free?
I believe you can be tested for free you go there, but those facilities are not intended for transfer pax as they are landside. So if you are eligible to enter France and have a long connection, yes you can go there. If not, just stay airside.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 3:04 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I believe you can be tested for free you go there, but those facilities are not intended for transfer pax as they are landside. So if you are eligible to enter France and have a long connection, yes you can go there. If not, just stay airside.
Thanks.
To and from Schengen, so eligible for landside access I should think. But who knows what the next weeks bring.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 6:28 am

Has anyone tried the covid tests on departure from ORY/CDG/LYS ?

I'm leaving for TYO on the 27th and need a covid test (PCR or Antigen) and I would either need a negative test result with my passport info or a form filled out by a doctor.

I'll be unavailable on the 26th as I'll be travelling so my plan was to get PCR on the 25th from CDG/ORY and hopefully get my results the next day. And hedge my bets by getting and antigen test from either CDG or LYS (as I'll be going through both on my way to Italy).

Thus my question is, does anyone know the format of the results the lab sends out, if it is in english and if they can add passport numbers.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Digicola
Has anyone tried the covid tests on departure from ORY/CDG/LYS ?

I'm leaving for TYO on the 27th and need a covid test (PCR or Antigen) and I would either need a negative test result with my passport info or a form filled out by a doctor.

I'll be unavailable on the 26th as I'll be travelling so my plan was to get PCR on the 25th from CDG/ORY and hopefully get my results the next day. And hedge my bets by getting and antigen test from either CDG or LYS (as I'll be going through both on my way to Italy).

Thus my question is, does anyone know the format of the results the lab sends out, if it is in english and if they can add passport numbers.
ADP site clearly states the results are provided in French and English. I can't help you for the passport number addition.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 10:40 am

Well here is my review of the center at CDG 2E.

Went there this morning, got there early thinking nobody would be flying on christmas day but seems I was wrong as not only was the test center packed but so was the whole terminal (On a side note it was quite nice to see the diversity of airlines at 2E for once).

The test center is located at door 16D, at the very end of the terminal (towards the La Première entrance). You have to book online on Doctolib and wait for your slot to be called. They seem to let about 5 people in every 5 mins and there is a security guard that checks appointments so people can cheat their way through. By the time it was my turn they were running about 15 mins late.

You go to the first counter where they ask you where you are going and which test you want (antigen or PCR) and ask you to go to one of two lanes:
  • One for antigen where there id a short form to fill out and then you go get tested. After that they give you a small ticket like at the deli counter and ask you to wait around for the results.
  • One for PCR tests where they make you fill in a full form (have your social security number handy if you have one) and an optional area for your ID number if needed. Lastly, there is a specific box to check if you're going to French overseas territories.
After that you proceed to the next queue to get tested and you wait until you get your results. I got mine in about 6 hours which is pretty good for a public holiday if you ask me.

The results are in French but some lines are in English such as the words "Negative". And most importantly there is an extra line added for passport numbers if requested.

Hope this helps, the first queue was a huge mess with people trying to negotiate their way through but the security man wasn't having anything of it so cheers to that at least.

Merry Christmas to you all!
Solevita likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Digicola
Well here is my review of the center at CDG 2E.

Went there this morning, got there early thinking nobody would be flying on christmas day but seems I was wrong as not only was the test center packed but so was the whole terminal (On a side note it was quite nice to see the diversity of airlines at 2E for once).

The test center is located at door 16D, at the very end of the terminal (towards the La Première entrance). You have to book online on Doctolib and wait for your slot to be called. They seem to let about 5 people in every 5 mins and there is a security guard that checks appointments so people can cheat their way through. By the time it was my turn they were running about 15 mins late.

You go to the first counter where they ask you where you are going and which test you want (antigen or PCR) and ask you to go to one of two lanes:
  • One for antigen where there id a short form to fill out and then you go get tested. After that they give you a small ticket like at the deli counter and ask you to wait around for the results.
  • One for PCR tests where they make you fill in a full form (have your social security number handy if you have one) and an optional area for your ID number if needed. Lastly, there is a specific box to check if you're going to French overseas territories.
After that you proceed to the next queue to get tested and you wait until you get your results. I got mine in about 6 hours which is pretty good for a public holiday if you ask me.

The results are in French but some lines are in English such as the words "Negative". And most importantly there is an extra line added for passport numbers if requested.

Hope this helps, the first queue was a huge mess with people trying to negotiate their way through but the security man wasn't having anything of it so cheers to that at least.

Merry Christmas to you all!
Exactly the same experience for me. I got tested on 23/12, just after lunch. The line was also a bit long but it went fast. I received the results the following night at 2 am, so very good turnaround time. Well organized overall.
Like you, 2E was packed like in the good old days.
wuzziduzziman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.