Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID testing in Paris Airport

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2020, 5:54 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
Though it seems that if you're a French citizen living in the US, you can get a waiver from the consulate
@RolandLescure
Dernière minute : Après de nombreux échanges avec le Gouvernement, il a été décidé que les Consulats seraient à même de délivrer une dérogation, quand on ne peut disposer des résultats d’un test dans les 72 heures précédant le vol. Je vous engage donc à contacter votre consulat.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 1:44 pm

I’m trying to find more about this as I’m traveling from Istanbul back to the US as a US citizen and transiting via CDG and it’s this statement on the Paris airport site that says Carried out 72hrs prior to departure or at your arrival at the airport in Paris: South Africa, Algeria, Brasil, India, Israel, Koweït, Madagascar, Oman, Peru, Qatar, Serbia, Turkey. that I am unsure how it impacts a transit passenger.

Any help would be great
Old Aug 8, 2020, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by Steven Citrin
I’m trying to find more about this as I’m traveling from Istanbul back to the US as a US citizen and transiting via CDG and it’s this statement on the Paris airport site that says Carried out 72hrs prior to departure or at your arrival at the airport in Paris: South Africa, Algeria, Brasil, India, Israel, Koweït, Madagascar, Oman, Peru, Qatar, Serbia, Turkey. that I am unsure how it impacts a transit passenger.

Any help would be great
reroute via Amsterdam. You won’t be able to transit CDG.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
could you elaborate why?
Old Aug 8, 2020, 2:06 pm

Yeah any additional info would be helpful because i feel like the info on the airport website is confusing. One part says flights leaving turkey need a covid test 72 hours prior to boarding AF flight and other says transit passengers welcomed. There’s no flights on delta/Kim via AMS for some reason. I’m even on the phone with the diamond desk and she didn’t see any. Everything goes through CDG so trying to figure out if this trip is a bust or if I will be able to transit through CDG back to the US

https://www.parisaeroport.fr/en/pass...ing-from-paris

Last edited by Steven Citrin; Aug 8, 2020 at 2:17 pm
Old Aug 8, 2020, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by brunos
could you elaborate why?
I just checked again and it’s only for flights arriving from the US that there is a non-transit restriction.
looks like it should be ok returning.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 1:50 am

Programs: FB Gold

Any help would be great
You will be fine as you are a transit passenger only and not from one of the 4 countries (Panama, Bahrain, US, UAE) where getting on the plane requires a negative Covid 19 test. This requirement only impacts flights departing from those 4 countries (nationality doesn't matter for this matter).

For people flying from the US, that exemption from the US consulat is valid only for a limited time, i think until 17 August !

Travel during these times is still strongly discouraged and changes happen rapidly. That is simply the price to pay if one decides to travel during this epidemic; either be prepared to pay it or simply stay home.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I just checked again and it’s only for flights arriving from the US that there is a non-transit restriction.
looks like it should be ok returning.
Not sure I follow you here. There is no restriction to transit in CDG.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Not sure I follow you here. There is no restriction to transit in CDG.
there is a restriction for US citizens transiting who are in arrival from the US insofar as one must produce a negative Covid test result 72 hours ahead. That’s why I clarified my response. It covers both travelers arriving and transiting France.
for the OP it should be fine because he/she is not originating in the US but returning.
Steven Citrin likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 4:34 pm

Yeah I was able to discuss it a bit with the airport authority for CDG for clarification, but obviously things could change before my trip. I was more worried regarding the COVID test being Carried out 72hrs prior to departure or at your arrival at the airport in Paris from Turkey. Though the CS agent said that that did not apply for transit and that was also the same message I got with Delta. Hopefully between now and when I go things will have cooled down a bit
Old Aug 10, 2020, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Yeah I was able to discuss it a bit with the airport authority for CDG for clarification, but obviously things could change before my trip. I was more worried regarding the COVID test being Carried out 72hrs prior to departure or at your arrival at the airport in Paris from Turkey. Though the CS agent said that that did not apply for transit and that was also the same message I got with Delta. Hopefully between now and when I go things will have cooled down a bit
The covid situation does not seem to be "cooling down", quite the opposite.
Several countries have introduce the requirement of PCR tests 72 hours before departure (some 96 some 48).
My guess is that those tests will be the norm in a few months to allow longhaul travel to resume. This is also a request by many airlines/alliance.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 4:38 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Arrived to CDG from SFO (Czech Republic citizen), they checked that I have a negative PCR test result for covid from 72 hrs before (i.e. if you fly on 10th, you have to have the test on 7th at earliest) during check-in and on arrival at CDG. And that’s pretty much what anybody has been asking for. Agents at check-in at SFO were a bit confused about the rules (took them about 20 minutes) but eventually concluded that I’m good to fly. Passport control at CDG was like this: you show your negative PCR test result and it’s like pre-covid: no questions asked, no quarantine required, no testing at CDG performed.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Does anyone know if it is possible to go to the test center in CDG as an « outpatient » ? More details : I go to Greece soon, go back to France for less than 48hrs (basically 1,5 days) before going to another EU country. And I just discover that having been in Greece during the 14 period before going to this other country require me to have a PCR test no more that 72 hrs before. This is totally ridiculous as Greece has a low number of cases (and definitely much less than France), but this is another debate. So I was thinking that I could go to the CDG test center when I arrive from Greece and have hopefully the results in 24-36hrs. But I don’t know if this is possible as I don’t arrive from à at-risk non-Schengen country. Does anyone know ?
of course, I can’t find any information on ADP website (I don’t even know how I could have ever thought finding useful info for passengers on their website...)
Other options for me would be :
- to be tested in Paris the day after I return, but I am 99% sure that I won’t get the result on time
- to be tested in Greece, but it will be likely more difficult as I don’t know where to go and I am also unable to find info on the web. I will ask this question in the Coronavirus forum.
thanks a lot in advance.

PS : I am really tired of all this crap
Old Aug 16, 2020, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Does anyone know if it is possible to go to the test center in CDG as an « outpatient » ? More details : I go to Greece soon, go back to France for less than 48hrs (basically 1,5 days) before going to another EU country. And I just discover that having been in Greece during the 14 period before going to this other country require me to have a PCR test no more that 72 hrs before. This is totally ridiculous as Greece has a low number of cases (and definitely much less than France), but this is another debate. So I was thinking that I could go to the CDG test center when I arrive from Greece and have hopefully the results in 24-36hrs. But I don’t know if this is possible as I don’t arrive from à at-risk non-Schengen country. Does anyone know ?
of course, I can’t find any information on ADP website (I don’t even know how I could have ever thought finding useful info for passengers on their website...)
Other options for me would be :
- to be tested in Paris the day after I return, but I am 99% sure that I won’t get the result on time
- to be tested in Greece, but it will be likely more difficult as I don’t know where to go and I am also unable to find info on the web. I will ask this question in the Coronavirus forum.
thanks a lot in advance.

PS : I am really tired of all this crap
Me too, so tired of this... as you know I just went through the same experience, at great stress and expense. Like many others.

I don't know if it's helpful but I was tested on July 27 in Paris and I received the result in 12 hours... It was one of the Laboratoires EYLAU. They have many in Paris and do their own testing. I know it's only indicative but that was at the height of departures with long waits.

Anyway, good luck.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 11:04 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum For Life; ALL Platinum
@Goldorak : If you go to the 2E arrival just after the custom exit you can get free testing; As Government encourage testing it should work... But problem is the access to 2E. They now control access to Terminals in CDG ; I was coming back from 2E going to take CDG VAL and a guy is posted there to check access to terminal; I was the same a week earlier;
Goldorak likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.