Air France Layover in Paris

Old Jul 28, 20, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Air France Layover in Paris

Hi, i am new to the forum and i need an advice please. I need to travel From London to Ljubljana via Paris with Air France with 1h layover. I have never flown with layover before. I really want to go direct to Ljubljana but at the moment no airline is going from UK to Slo and i really need to go. I am a bit afraid if 1h is enough... i don't know if i would have to go out the terminal and then back in or how this works. I really don't fly often and i am going to be on my own. I would really appreciate if anyone could explain this to me or have any advice. Thanks.
Old Jul 28, 20, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Rust: BA
I see, on some dates, a proposal on the AF website that involves a 4h journey of which 55 minutes is for a connection in Paris, as well as a rather early departure time from LHR.

This is quite tight, and there is a good chance that you may miss your onward flight. If you were to book this directly from AF in this manner, and miss your flight, they would be responsible for ensuring you are rebooked to get to LJU. However, this may involve an overnight stay in Paris (again, they would have to provide accomodation) but I think you are far better off booking a different ticket with them which provides a longer overall journey and a longer connecting time in Paris., if only for your own peace of mind, and for a guarantee that you will not be in any danger of missing your connection in Paris.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 28, 20, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by breskica View Post
I am a bit afraid if 1h is enough... i don't know if i would have to go out the terminal and then back in or how this works. I really don't fly often and i am going to be on my own. I would really appreciate if anyone could explain this to me or have any advice. Thanks.
You don't leave the terminal, but follow the signs relevant to your connection ("correspondance", in French)

Parts of CDG are now closed down, so I have no idea which part of Terminal 2 your London flight arrives at, and which part of Terminal 2 your Ljubljana flight departs from, but this is information which should be given in your ticket or on your confirmation.

Apparently all AF operations are now confined to terminals 2A, 2E and 2F; find out, for your journey, which one you arrive at and which one you leave from, and type in this information into this website:

https://www.parisaeroport.fr/en/pass...ecting-flights

It will then give you details on how to make sure you get from one gate to the next as easily as possible.

You can also look at the Air France website for information on connecting flights, but bear in mind it may not reflect the current situation, i.e. it says LJU operates from 2G (which I understand to be closed) and, somehow, does not associated LHR with any arrival terminal...

https://www.airfrance.us/US/en/commo...ance-paris.htm

Last edited by irishguy28; Jul 28, 20 at 10:30 am
Old Jul 28, 20, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much for all this info. It is very helpful.
Old Jul 28, 20, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Air France flight status checker shows that, currently, flights from LHR arrive at Terminal 2E, and flights to Ljubljana leave from Terminal 2F.

https://wwws.airfrance.fr/en/flight-status

Note that this may change, so keep a close eye on your ticket and on the departure monitor, particularly upon arrival in CDG. You can (and should) ask the staff on board your inbound flight from London; tell them you have a tight connection. They may even announce the information (terminal and gate number) on board shortly before landing in Paris.
Old Jul 28, 20, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

By the way, Easyjet are selling tickets for a direct non-stop Gatwick-Ljubljana flight on Friday next.

There appear to be no flights for the month of August, but service to LJU then recommences from each of LGW, LTN and STN as of September; BA also appears to start direct service from LHR as of 2 September.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 28, 20, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Thanks. now i just need to go and book a flight and get to Slovenia ASAP. And hopefully i won't miss the connection flight or get lost even LOL

I absolutely hate Luton airport and when i was looking for flights from Gatwick or Stanstead there was nothing till 1st of sept.
I usually fly to Slovenia with EasyJet but i don't want to go to Luton really but i will be checking again in the next few days and then book the flight.
Old Jul 28, 20, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. now i just need to go and book a flight and get to Slovenia ASAP. And hopefully i won't miss the connection flight or get lost even LOL
Don't worry about it. About a year ago, I made a 45minute connection at CDG that got reduced to more like 22 minutes due to the late arrival of the inbound aircraft...

Just be ready to run (if necessary) and make sure you use the toilet on board rather than waiting until you land - also make sure to double check on the monitors when you arrive in CDG to make sure that there wasn't any late change to your LJU flight, and so that you know exactly which terminal/gate to head for.

Look at the websites above, and just make sure you know what terminal/gate your next flight departs from - and from there, follow the signage. Go as fast as you can, but it should be OK.

If for whatever reason you miss your flight, just go to any AF agent at the airport, and ask to be rebooked, and they will take care of you.
Old Jul 28, 20, 11:13 am
Original Poster

I'm gaining a little bit of confidence now thanks
Old Jul 28, 20, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Very weird.... I looked at EasyJet and found flights to Ljubljana from Luton but... when i look at Ljubljana airport traffic there is no flights from Uk scheduled at all till further notice....
There is no air traffic direct to Slovenia from Uk but EasyJet has got flights scheduled?!
So very confusing...
Old Jul 28, 20, 12:50 pm

Also, if you’re checking a bag, ensure you have enough in your carryon for a couple days. Your checked bag may not arrive with you.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jul 28, 20, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very weird.... I looked at EasyJet and found flights to Ljubljana from Luton but... when i look at Ljubljana airport traffic there is no flights from Uk scheduled at all till further notice....
There is no air traffic direct to Slovenia from Uk but EasyJet has got flights scheduled?!
So very confusing...
According to the Easyjet website, flights from Luton won't start until May 2021.

Other than Friday's flight from Gatwick, the next direct Easyjet services, from both LGW and STN, start in September.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 29, 20, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
ne benefit of the low traffic is that fligths are usually on time.
LHR gets very busy in the morning as they have only one runway in operation and many European flights depart in the 8 to10 bank. But 6:20 should be fine.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: