Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2020, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC Aeroplan ;BA GOLD;HH GOLD;FAIRMONT PREMIER;SPG GOLD;PR PASS.
Question Lounge Question

Good Morning,

I just wanted to know if the the AF business lounge is open in T2 CDG...My parents just got off of a flight and are connecting to YUL...they are late 80s, and are in wheelchairs? and would like to freshen up in the lounge as they have a long layover? I wanted to treat them to business class and all the benefits that goes with it.

many thanks
Old Jul 22, 2020, 4:55 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Only the lounges in Terminal 2F are open. Your parents are likely to leave from terminal 2E so if they arrived in 2F they could stay there before heading to 2E later (did that recently) but since they are in wheelchairs, I'm not sure it's an option.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Mirk
Only the lounges in Terminal 2F are open. Your parents are likely to leave from terminal 2E so if they arrived in 2F they could stay there before heading to 2E later (did that recently) but since they are in wheelchairs, I'm not sure it's an option.
The wheelchair assistance service of ADP will certainly not bring them to 2F lounge. Their job is to bring pax to their departing terminal/gate, period. And as you rightly said, the 2E-K lounge is still closed, so I'm afraid this will be no lounge for them
Old Jul 23, 2020, 5:14 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / ACCOR Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
The wheelchair assistance service of ADP will certainly not bring them to 2F lounge. Their job is to bring pax to their departing terminal/gate, period. And as you rightly said, the 2E-K lounge is still closed, so I'm afraid this will be no lounge for them

Good afternoon,

So just to clear up for me, on Sunday I am connecting from Geneva to Manchester in CDG. ( 4 hour layover ) !

So do we believe that on arrival at 2F2, I can use the lounge there, before heading over to 2E.

I know that in terms of the layout, it is very easy to achieve, but are AF happy with this.

They certainly should be I know. Still it is really bizarre that nothing is still open in 2E.

Jonathan
Old Jul 23, 2020, 5:55 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Jonny Endley
Good afternoon,

So just to clear up for me, on Sunday I am connecting from Geneva to Manchester in CDG. ( 4 hour layover ) !

So do we believe that on arrival at 2F2, I can use the lounge there, before heading over to 2E.

I know that in terms of the layout, it is very easy to achieve, but are AF happy with this.

They certainly should be I know. Still it is really bizarre that nothing is still open in 2E.

Jonathan
If the abusive and counterproductive passeport controls are happening upon your arrival in 2F, you will not be allowed to access the departure area of 2F.

Futhemore, even if you can reach the lounge in 2F, you may have the same issue I just had and be denied entry because of strict orders to stick to the rules.

Last edited by carnarvon; Jul 23, 2020 at 6:01 am
Old Jul 23, 2020, 6:44 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
The wheelchair assistance service of ADP will certainly not bring them to 2F lounge. Their job is to bring pax to their departing terminal/gate, period.
Are you sure about that? I know in Schiphol this year my parents have been picked up at the arrival gate, dropped off at the lounge, then picked up again from the lounge 1 hour before departure of the connecting flight.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 7:09 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Jonny Endley
Good afternoon,

Jonathan
I did just that recently arriving from a domestic flight and then flying to the UK. I used the scanner at the entrance of the lounge without issues, then just walked over to 2E-K about 50 minutes before the flight.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 11:19 am
BRC

Programs: UA 1K, AF Platinum
Good news from Twitter: the 2E-K lounge is scheduled to reopen on August 5th.

And it looks like they've done some renovations as well while it was closed

maalloc likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by HalconBCN
Are you sure about that? I know in Schiphol this year my parents have been picked up at the arrival gate, dropped off at the lounge, then picked up again from the lounge 1 hour before departure of the connecting flight.
You misunderstood what I wrote
in normal times, if you have lounge access and if you have wheelchair assistance, they will bring you to the lounge and then to your gate. But we are not in normal times. The question was for people connecting from 2F to 2E-K (the only 2E concourse open). 2E-K lounge is currently closed and the question was whether they would be allowed to use the lounge of another terminal (2F) than the departing one (2E). My negative answer was based on the fact that the wheelchair assistance has been assigned to bring you to your connecting terminal and not to make detours like going to another lounge and then later to the gate in another terminal. The wheelchair assistance has other things to do than lounge hoping.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 7:03 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
My negative answer was based on the fact that the wheelchair assistance has been assigned to bring you to your connecting terminal and not to make detours like going to another lounge and then later to the gate in another terminal. The wheelchair assistance has other things to do than lounge hoping.
I know from flying with my parents through several airports that these services do drop and pick up from the lounge of your choice. They make an appointment to pick you up from the lounge about 90 minutes before the connecting flight. I'm not sure what criteria are used to judge whether detour requests are 'reasonable' or not. I guess it depends on a number of factors, including the resources of the wheelchair operating company on the day in question. If the pax was entitled to lounge access during a long layover and the lounge was located in another part of the airport, I could certainly see the wheelchair service being willing to help.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by HalconBCN
I know from flying with my parents through several airports that these services do drop and pick up from the lounge of your choice. They make an appointment to pick you up from the lounge about 90 minutes before the connecting flight. I'm not sure what criteria are used to judge whether detour requests are 'reasonable' or not. I guess it depends on a number of factors, including the resources of the wheelchair operating company on the day in question. If the pax was entitled to lounge access during a long layover and the lounge was located in another part of the airport, I could certainly see the wheelchair service being willing to help.
But, compared to other airports, in CDG (and ORY), we have....ADP. Do I need to elaborate more ?
Old Jul 25, 2020, 3:55 am

We are arriving on AF in Terminal 2E and then departing from 2E 6 hours later. Since lounge in 2E is closed will it be possible for us to go to lounge in 2F? Flying on 3 Business class award tickets JFK> CDG>SOF

Last edited by FMNY; Jul 25, 2020 at 4:13 am
Old Jul 25, 2020, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by FMNY
We are arriving on AF in Terminal 2E and then departing from 2E 6 hours later. Since lounge in 2E is closed will it be possible for us to go to lounge in 2F? Flying on 3 Business class award tickets JFK> CDG>SOF
Normally no. I don't know your citizenship but going to 2F means you will have to enter Schengen area and so it can create some problems for you. I strongly advise you to stay airside in 2E.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 1:08 pm

I have UK+USA citizenship and my wife and daughter have Bulgarian+USA Citizenship. I guess going into 2F could be a problem for us. 6 hours in 2E with no lounge is going to suck.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 7:05 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / ACCOR Platinum
Hello all,

Well having arrived from Geneva into 2F(2) and departing later to Manchester from 2E(K), I am at present successfully installed in the 2F(2) lounge, which is actually very quiet.

Therefore so it is possible to use the salon in 2F, when flying from 2E.

Some good news !

Have travels !

Jonny
Goldorak and maalloc like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.