Question about AF domestic flights

Old Jul 1, 20, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Question about AF domestic flights

Hi guys,

I havenít flown AF domestically for years.
I will fly CDG-NCE. If I arrive early at the airport, is there a chance that I can fly on the previous flight without surcharge (provided there is availability of course)?

thanks
Old Jul 1, 20, 4:57 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
I think you need to have a FLEX ticket for that, it should cost around 50 EUR more per leg than the classic fare that includes one bag.
Old Jul 1, 20, 5:11 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by LY777 View Post
Hi guys,

I havenít flown AF domestically for years.
I will fly CDG-NCE. If I arrive early at the airport, is there a chance that I can fly on the previous flight without surcharge (provided there is availability of course)?

thanks
In my experience, being re-scheduled for an earlier flight is possible for free for domestics flights. I do it quite often when long layovers can be shortened, all you have to do is ask nicely at check-in.
When the flight you're supposed to be in is almost full (and my understanding is that domestic flights are quite packed these days due to the lower frequency), it's a no-brainer for them. It frees up a spot they can sell on the next flight.

Being FB Elite can't hurt your chances either.
Old Jul 1, 20, 8:45 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Marriott silver, Hilton
Originally Posted by maalloc View Post
In my experience, being re-scheduled for an earlier flight is possible for free for domestics flights. I do it quite often when long layovers can be shortened, all you have to do is ask nicely at check-in.
When the flight you're supposed to be in is almost full (and my understanding is that domestic flights are quite packed these days due to the lower frequency), it's a no-brainer for them. It frees up a spot they can sell on the next flight.

Being FB Elite can't hurt your chances either.
It is different in case of a connection. With a dry ticket, no way they accommodate unless you have a FLEX ticket (or the flight is overbooked but till they bump you, you have little chance).
Old Jul 1, 20, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Agreed with Carnavon. Zero chance on a pure domestic ticket.
Old Jul 1, 20, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Ok, thanks guys

Search this Thread
Search Engine: