Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Rant : Dear ADP, virus or not, your incompetence will never cease to impress me

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rant : Dear ADP, virus or not, your incompetence will never cease to impress me

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2021, 9:12 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by maalloc
Today at CDG, Priority security check lines filled to the brim with non-priority pax.
Asked the « filtering» agent why boarding passes were not checked, his answer was that « regular security lines are filled because traffic increased. So fast track is used as a normal line ».
Same happened to me last year.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
This is a very regular problem at CDG. I have complained many times to AF about this, but they don't do anything with ADP
bostontraveler likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 2:42 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Goldorak
This is a very regular problem at CDG. I have complained many times to AF about this, but they don't do anything with ADP
ADP will not change their way of managing peaks of activity. The culture there is that of the public sector: inflexible work rules so the adjustment variable is the customer (aka "usager").

Furthermore, travelling in business class or enhanced service are seen as privileges for the elite, so not only won't they mind using priority lines for the general public, but they might actually see it as justice done. Who in those circles could feel sorry for the haves, the well-to-do if they have to queue longer?
Old Jul 13, 2021, 3:31 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Well, except that the airlines actually pay ADP for that service. So the airlines could actually get money back from ADP for not having delivered a service that had been invoiced. Tant pis for those who think that standing in line is just one form of war among the classes.
Goldorak, Solevita and JournoFlyer like this.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 4:45 am

It was complete chaos in 2E yesterday with long lines and lots of families traveling on vacation. The flight was delayed by over an hour waiting for passengers going through the process and being bussed to the gate. A real shameful situation and not AF’s fault.
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
Recently many flights into JFK from CDG have been delayed because of 'understaffed' immigration. Supposedly there are some work slow downs at ADP. Lots of rumors. But from the front lines all I can say is that when Europe started accepting vaccinated Americans in June all airlines flying the Atlantic have been caught with their pants down on staffing. It was like opening a dam with 15 months of built up pressure.

You can hardly blame airlines, who have lost billions during the pandemic. Guess airports are the same. It takes time to ramp up operations - it doesn't happen overnight. So for the foreseeable future I would advise people to leave an extra hour arriving at the airport and expect to wait longer. And prepare yourself when America opens its borders to Europeans - we'll go through the same thing again!
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by adambrau
Recently many flights into JFK from CDG have been delayed because of 'understaffed' immigration. Supposedly there are some work slow downs at ADP. Lots of rumors. But from the front lines all I can say is that when Europe started accepting vaccinated Americans in June all airlines flying the Atlantic have been caught with their pants down on staffing. It was like opening a dam with 15 months of built up pressure.

You can hardly blame airlines, who have lost billions during the pandemic. Guess airports are the same. It takes time to ramp up operations - it doesn't happen overnight. So for the foreseeable future I would advise people to leave an extra hour arriving at the airport and expect to wait longer. And prepare yourself when America opens its borders to Europeans - we'll go through the same thing again!
Thanks for the front-line information. Of course we should not be surprised.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by adambrau

Thanks a lot Adambrau, your input and info are always greatly appreciated here on this forum
For the US situation, yes indeed I have read all the stories, particularly with AA & AS with HQ back office staff asked to load luggages in aircraft or take care of check-in operations. We have not reached that level in Europe
To add to your points, the CDG situation is aggravated by the concentration of all long-haul ops in 2E. It is totally crazy that ADP has not reopen in June at least 2C/2A. But knowing ADP, I cannot say I am surprised... For AF ops, I think that 2G should have reopen as well
For immigration and PAF, I believe that the confirmed no or few passport controls at 2F is just due to temporary reallocation of staff to 2E. But this is even hard to understand because with all other terminals closed (apart 2B/D), there should be plenty of PAF agents available (and those have not lost their job during covid).

But it's good to be able to count on ADP for providing the best airport experience ever
Old Jul 13, 2021, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
A little "humor" via Le canard enchaîné from last week's edition (July 7, 2021) 😏

Old Jul 13, 2021, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by blairvanhorn
A little "humor" via Le canard enchaîné from last week's edition (July 7, 2021) 😏

Le Canard should 1st check their facts. AF has stopped to fly to Bonn (Cologne CGN in fact) for at least 7 years.
And Beaune (or Bonn ) should also know that PAF or ADP are not in charge of checking anything on departure. The airline does and check as per the destination country requirements
SkyteamEP likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Le Canard should 1st check their facts. AF has stopped to fly to Bonn (Cologne CGN in fact) for at least 7 years.
And Beaune (or Bonn ) should also know that PAF or ADP are not in charge of checking anything on departure. The airline does and check as per the destination country requirements
Exactly. Thus the reference to "humor" and the 😏 ... it always amazes me when you know certain subjects fairly well how often the press can get stuff wrong.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Article in Le Figaro yesterday with the headline Aéroport: le casse-tête de l’explosion du temps d’attente des passagers à Roissy et Orly , which included this gem from Augustin de Romanet ... apparently if wait times are longer than 20 minutes, an automated warning system informs airport personnel, the PAF and AdR himself! 😂😂

" ... ADP pourrait donc se désintéresser de la situation. Sauf que les passagers qui vont vivre une mauvaise expérience risquent d’éviter les aéroports du groupe par la suite. Et que le modèle économique de l’opérateur, avec la bonne gestion des multiples zones commerciales, est très lié à la bonne gestion des flux. Ce qui explique l’implication du patron des aéroports franciliens sur ce sujet. «Si le temps d’attente dépasse 20 minutes, il y a un système d’alerte automatique qui remonte au personnel de l’aéroport, à la police et à moi-même», explique Augustin de Romanet.

Une implication au plus haut niveau qui, estime-t-il, produit des effets. Lors du week-end du 17 juillet, le temps d’attente a dépassé 120 minutes au départ du terminal 2 E. Trois réunions de coordination ont eu lieu pendant le week-end entre les autorités, les compagnies aériennes et ADP, permettant aux effectifs de la police d’«armer» 9 aubettes (les guérites pour les contrôles de police) au lieu de 20 au 2 E. Et de ramener l’attente à un niveau raisonnable. ..."
Goldorak and offvoice like this.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 4:25 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Previsible issue -> Do nothing

Acute alert -> Schedule Meeting -> Take appropriate action a few days later

Sounds like a legit process.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by blairvanhorn
Article in Le Figaro yesterday with the headline Aéroport: le casse-tête de l’explosion du temps d’attente des passagers à Roissy et Orly , which included this gem from Augustin de Romanet ... apparently if wait times are longer than 20 minutes, an automated warning system informs airport personnel, the PAF and AdR himself! 😂😂

" ... ADP pourrait donc se désintéresser de la situation. Sauf que les passagers qui vont vivre une mauvaise expérience risquent d’éviter les aéroports du groupe par la suite. Et que le modèle économique de l’opérateur, avec la bonne gestion des multiples zones commerciales, est très lié à la bonne gestion des flux. Ce qui explique l’implication du patron des aéroports franciliens sur ce sujet. «Si le temps d’attente dépasse 20 minutes, il y a un système d’alerte automatique qui remonte au personnel de l’aéroport, à la police et à moi-même», explique Augustin de Romanet.

Une implication au plus haut niveau qui, estime-t-il, produit des effets. Lors du week-end du 17 juillet, le temps d’attente a dépassé 120 minutes au départ du terminal 2 E. Trois réunions de coordination ont eu lieu pendant le week-end entre les autorités, les compagnies aériennes et ADP, permettant aux effectifs de la police d’«armer» 9 aubettes (les guérites pour les contrôles de police) au lieu de 20 au 2 E. Et de ramener l’attente à un niveau raisonnable. ..."
no need to say anything…
blairvanhorn and San Gottardo like this.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 2:09 am

Passport control farce still going on at 2F immigration

For immigration and PAF, I believe that the confirmed no or few passport controls at 2F is just due to temporary reallocation of staff to 2E.
Temporary indeed.

Last Monday 19 July, flying back from BCN with the evening flight supposed to land at 20:00 (we were delayed by 30 mn), guess what : we were ushered to passport control!!!

A full A321 coming from Shengen country, with TWO PAF officers. Yes, 2....

I confronted the guy in his booth and asked :

- did your superior tell you know why you are checking our ID's knowing that we are coming from a Schengen country?
answer : no
- do you know we are the only country in Schengen area to do that, which contradicts France's international commitments?
answer : yes
- wouldn't you be more useful in 2E where I once witnessed over 1000 people in the queue for immigration?
answer : yes, I agree with you but I can only do what I am told to do.

His female colleague who was checking my travelling mate did not agree though. He quoted her saying "if you knew what we see when we check people coming from Schengen countries" in a typical act of self-justification.

I was not there to tell her that there are no checks for people travelling by train, car, bicycle or ferry....

Next week or month, we shall see French politicians lecturing other countries in Europe about the need for more integration.

If France started by respecting the obligations of the treaties it signed, that would be preaching by example, wouldn't it?

Last edited by carnarvon; Jul 25, 2021 at 5:29 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.