Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please clarify the current entry rules

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2020, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by brunos
Not sure I understand your question.
First you state that you need someone to accompany her from Paris to Menton, then that she is booked SFO-LHR-NCE.

I would advise very strongly that she flies SFO-CDG-NCE.or SFO-LHR-NCE. You really add to the health risk, number of transfers and travel time if you follow the mixed air-train itinerary that you suggested. It makes little sense. That advice also applies to you.

We do not see our daughter growing, but at 18 she is quite old enough to handle taking a taxi at Nice airport to Menton. It will be on the expensive side (EUR50) but very convenient.

Whether you will be admitted in a month time is unclear. I have known people who flew USA-LHR-NCE on BA and got no problem at NCE as they were "arriving from UK". But that is a loophole that they might close,especially with the new testing requirement. Currently, the spirit of the regulation is that US nationals are not admitted in France unless that have residency here or qualify for exemptions like your daughter.
Fully agree on your opinion and advices here.
ebayj likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 8:29 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, IHG Platinum, One Man Street Fair in my spare time
Originally Posted by brunos
Not sure I .... helpful stuff ...
Thanks all very much for your helpful insights. Flyertalkers are not only among the most intelligent on the web but always extremely helpful.

Sorry if I was unclear. My niece is definitively flying SFO-CDG and also has an air ticket for CDG-NCE. We are in the middle of trying to figure out how to intersect with her, optimally in Paris. I should add she's wholly capable of doing this all solo - she has traveled with family or school to six continents and can communicate in three languages. It would just be nice for us to have this one small ritual (moving to college) - she didn't get to have prom, or graduation, or senior recital, or grad night, the list goes on and on.

brunos's observations also support the anecdotal information I have seen that France might allow a US citizen/US passport holder entry to France when point of entry to France is from the UK. Agree that may be tenuous at best, especially as America's descent into pandemic continues.

Thanks all ; ) I will let you know how it turns out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.