enough connection time in CDG?

Old Jun 13, 20, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

enough connection time in CDG?

Looking at Milan (MXP) to connect with AF 66 which gives us 90 minutes transfer time. AF says this will work but I assume we will need to go through immigration and maybe even security clearance at CDG and in the past, this has occasionally been a nightmare.

Think this will work? I am a worrier. Will be November.

Thanks.

PS this is sort of a "forced trip" since we have credit vouchers ( they refuse to reimburse us) from both AF and Air Tahiti that have to be used before Dec 2020 and Dec 2021.
AF flight was not cancelled but we are blocked from entering the country next week (USA citizens).
Old Jun 14, 20, 2:56 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
90 minutes is more than enough. Don’t worry !

From 2F:
Estimated transit time to Hall K in Terminal 2E is approximately 20 minutes*, including the time needed to pass through customs.
Estimated transit time to Hall L in Terminal 2E is approximately 25 minutes*, including the time needed to pass through customs.
Estimated transit time to Hall M in Terminal 2E is approximately 30 minutes*, including the time needed to pass through customs and take the automated shuttle.
Old Jun 14, 20, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ente_09 View Post
Looking at Milan (MXP) to connect with AF 66 which gives us 90 minutes transfer time. AF says this will work but I assume we will need to go through immigration and maybe even security clearance at CDG and in the past, this has occasionally been a nightmare.

Think this will work? I am a worrier. Will be November.

Thanks.

PS this is sort of a "forced trip" since we have credit vouchers ( they refuse to reimburse us) from both AF and Air Tahiti that have to be used before Dec 2020 and Dec 2021.
AF flight was not cancelled but we are blocked from entering the country next week (USA citizens).
This is enough time, as said by Canadavid. You don't have to go through security again in this direction (apart an eventual random security check at the gate as this is a flight to the USA).

Originally Posted by canadavid View Post
90 minutes is more than enough. Donít worry !

From 2F:
Estimated transit time to Hall K in Terminal 2E is approximately 20 minutes*, including the time needed to pass through customs.
Estimated transit time to Hall L in Terminal 2E is approximately 25 minutes*, including the time needed to pass through customs.
Estimated transit time to Hall M in Terminal 2E is approximately 30 minutes*, including the time needed to pass through customs and take the automated shuttle.
Not through customs but through immigration (police)
Old Jun 14, 20, 7:05 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Talking

Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
Not through customs but through immigration (police)
To be really honest, I have just copy/paste AF website !
Old Jun 14, 20, 9:51 am
Original Poster

thanks
the below has given me PTSD regarding CDG

6 months after 9/11 we had 2 separate security checks with the last in front of the tunnel as we boarded the plane- about 30-60 seconds per passenger
You do the math- 250 passengers times 45 seconds each divided by three agents-- another HOUR! no kidding
Old Jun 15, 20, 9:06 am

Programs: FB platinum
Originally Posted by ente_09 View Post
thanks
the below has given me PTSD regarding CDG

6 months after 9/11 we had 2 separate security checks with the last in front of the tunnel as we boarded the plane- about 30-60 seconds per passenger
You do the math- 250 passengers times 45 seconds each divided by three agents-- another HOUR! no kidding
Do you really feel like one experience that happened 19 years ago (and right after 9/11!) is still relevant to how CDG is today? 2F to 2E is really an easy connection to make in CDG, you should not worry
Old Jun 15, 20, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lynxy View Post
Do you really feel like one experience that happened 19 years ago (and right after 9/11!) is still relevant to how CDG is today? 2F to 2E is really an easy connection to make in CDG, you should not worry
Just half kidding- the virus is getting to me, but we did have other nightmares in CDG with 1 hour waits at immigrations, I think even before 9/11 , but agree, there have been none for the last 5 years. But the French are very strike heavy and have heard of major messes at CDG because of that.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: