FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   enough connection time in CDG? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/2019606-enough-connection-time-cdg.html)

ente_09 Jun 13, 2020 11:33 am

enough connection time in CDG?

Looking at Milan (MXP) to connect with AF 66 which gives us 90 minutes transfer time. AF says this will work but I assume we will need to go through immigration and maybe even security clearance at CDG and in the past, this has occasionally been a nightmare.

Think this will work? I am a worrier. Will be November.

Thanks.

PS this is sort of a "forced trip" since we have credit vouchers ( they refuse to reimburse us) from both AF and Air Tahiti that have to be used before Dec 2020 and Dec 2021.
AF flight was not cancelled but we are blocked from entering the country next week (USA citizens).

canadavid Jun 14, 2020 1:56 am

90 minutes is more than enough. Don’t worry !

From 2F:
Estimated transit time to Hall K in Terminal 2E is approximately 20 minutes*, including the time needed to pass through customs.
Estimated transit time to Hall L in Terminal 2E is approximately 25 minutes*, including the time needed to pass through customs.
Estimated transit time to Hall M in Terminal 2E is approximately 30 minutes*, including the time needed to pass through customs and take the automated shuttle.

Goldorak Jun 14, 2020 2:05 am

Originally Posted by ente_09 (Post 32453407)
Looking at Milan (MXP) to connect with AF 66 which gives us 90 minutes transfer time. AF says this will work but I assume we will need to go through immigration and maybe even security clearance at CDG and in the past, this has occasionally been a nightmare.

Think this will work? I am a worrier. Will be November.

Thanks.

PS this is sort of a "forced trip" since we have credit vouchers ( they refuse to reimburse us) from both AF and Air Tahiti that have to be used before Dec 2020 and Dec 2021.
AF flight was not cancelled but we are blocked from entering the country next week (USA citizens).

This is enough time, as said by Canadavid. You don't have to go through security again in this direction (apart an eventual random security check at the gate as this is a flight to the USA).

Originally Posted by canadavid (Post 32454777)
90 minutes is more than enough. Don’t worry !

From 2F:
Estimated transit time to Hall K in Terminal 2E is approximately 20 minutes*, including the time needed to pass through customs.
Estimated transit time to Hall L in Terminal 2E is approximately 25 minutes*, including the time needed to pass through customs.
Estimated transit time to Hall M in Terminal 2E is approximately 30 minutes*, including the time needed to pass through customs and take the automated shuttle.

Not through customs but through immigration (police) ;)

canadavid Jun 14, 2020 6:05 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 32454788)
Not through customs but through immigration (police) ;)

To be really honest, I have just copy/paste AF website !

ente_09 Jun 14, 2020 8:51 am

thanks
the below has given me PTSD regarding CDG

6 months after 9/11 we had 2 separate security checks with the last in front of the tunnel as we boarded the plane- about 30-60 seconds per passenger
You do the math- 250 passengers times 45 seconds each divided by three agents-- another HOUR! no kidding

lynxy Jun 15, 2020 8:06 am

Originally Posted by ente_09 (Post 32455395)
thanks
the below has given me PTSD regarding CDG

6 months after 9/11 we had 2 separate security checks with the last in front of the tunnel as we boarded the plane- about 30-60 seconds per passenger
You do the math- 250 passengers times 45 seconds each divided by three agents-- another HOUR! no kidding

Do you really feel like one experience that happened 19 years ago (and right after 9/11!) is still relevant to how CDG is today? :eek: 2F to 2E is really an easy connection to make in CDG, you should not worry :cool:

ente_09 Jun 15, 2020 8:34 am

Originally Posted by lynxy (Post 32457742)
Do you really feel like one experience that happened 19 years ago (and right after 9/11!) is still relevant to how CDG is today? :eek: 2F to 2E is really an easy connection to make in CDG, you should not worry :cool:

Just half kidding- the virus is getting to me, but we did have other nightmares in CDG with 1 hour waits at immigrations, I think even before 9/11 , but agree, there have been none for the last 5 years. But the French are very strike heavy and have heard of major messes at CDG because of that.