Wiki Posts
Search

AF Updated Schedules A380

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2020, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

AF Updated Schedules A380

Howdy all-

Curious if anyone might know when AF will load in new schedules that reflect the discontinuation of the A380.

i was just rebooked on a flight from delta on July 20 from CDG to ATL. Schedule says it’s an A380, so I’m trying to figure out what equipment it would change to (if it even flies).

last time I checked, the entire second floor had like 4 other people on it... would be fascinating if that was the equipment, but we know in actuality it won’t be! Would be nice to know what cabin I’d end up in so I can determine if I’d rather re-route on delta metal.

Thanks for the insights all!
Old Jun 5, 2020, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by strider78747
Howdy all-

Curious if anyone might know when AF will load in new schedules that reflect the discontinuation of the A380.

i was just rebooked on a flight from delta on July 20 from CDG to ATL. Schedule says it’s an A380, so I’m trying to figure out what equipment it would change to (if it even flies).

last time I checked, the entire second floor had like 4 other people on it... would be fascinating if that was the equipment, but we know in actuality it won’t be! Would be nice to know what cabin I’d end up in so I can determine if I’d rather re-route on delta metal.

AF is currently flying AF688 with a 77W 3 or 4 times a week . Other flights are on DL on a 333.
It is certain that AF will not have 2 daily flights, including an A380.
AF has revised its schedule until 5 July. Expect revisions for 20 July in a couple of weeks
Currently AF operates a 77W without P on Mondays,
af fp likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 9:41 am

Programs: DL DM-2MM, BA Gold, A3 Gold, AF Plat
Originally Posted by strider78747
Howdy all-

It will be the A350.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 10:04 am

My wife and I rebooked our J award tickets for OSL-CDG-ATL for 53k miles a piece to May of 2021. It's currently scheduled for the A380, but I know that won't happen. I assume AF will rebook us on whatever is flying then, likely the A350, right?
Old Jun 23, 2020, 1:36 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by Trixdawabbit
My wife and I rebooked our J award tickets for OSL-CDG-ATL for 53k miles a piece to May of 2021. It's currently scheduled for the A380, but I know that won't happen. I assume AF will rebook us on whatever is flying then, likely the A350, right?
May 2021 ? It's anyone's guess. I suspect it would be the 77W as demand may pick up enough to warrant the 777 by then. But that's way too far into the future !

AF only has Aug 2020 kind of set, and of course, last minute substitutions are possible.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 1:39 pm
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Trixdawabbit
good chance that it will be a B777, nobody knows at the moment what will be flying on this route in May 2021, the flight plan is more or less up-to-date to approx. end of August. According to AF's announcement, it won't be a A380. Strictly speaking it will not be a "rebooking", but just a change of aircraft on your booked flight.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
I just read that the final flight will be this Friday, June 26th. CDG-CDG. Anyone know how to book it?
Old Jun 24, 2020, 2:52 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
I just read that the final flight will be this Friday, June 26th. CDG-CDG. Anyone know how to book it?
I don't think it's open for the public to fly in.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
Unfortunately, this special flight is for employees only (those who worked on this plane type). It will be F-HPJH. Departure 15:30, Arrival 17:45.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
For our archives and history book, the history of AF A380 services https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...20-operations/
Old Jun 26, 2020, 1:42 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Unfortunately, this special flight is for employees only (those who worked on this plane type). It will be F-HPJH. Departure 15:30, Arrival 17:45.

An airline with another idea of what matters more (customers or employees) would have invited its best customers instead of its employees.

AF will never change.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 12:53 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
Yesterday, I happened to be at CDG at 3:30pm and did a snapshot. However in my understanding it was not the A380 which performed the last flight.

Old Jun 27, 2020, 2:43 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
I watched the flight on flightradar24.com and the A380 was joined with an AF A350 out of Toulouse over Southern France with 1,000 ft vertical separation. Maybe for a photo opportunity. I cannot show two flights togther on FR24:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/a...-wznb#24ca1017
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/f...af380#24ca05f5

Goldorak likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 10:05 pm

Is it a coincidence that Europe (don't know if Airbus was around in the 70's) produced 2 radically new airplanes, neither bought by American carriers, and both apparently financial losers?
Old Jul 1, 2020, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
The A340 & A380?

Originally Posted by ente_09
Is it a coincidence that Europe (don't know if Airbus was around in the 70's) produced 2 radically new airplanes, neither bought by American carriers, and both apparently financial losers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.