AF « La Première » Outlook

Old Jun 7, 22, 3:44 pm
  #1126  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver • DEN-APA
Programs: AF Platinum, BA Gold Emirates Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm
Posts: 20,754
Has anyone here had any experience linking a separate DL ticket to an AF LP (award) ticket? This would be LAX-SFO on DL connecting five hours later to SFO-CDG LP on AF. Wondering if there would be any (LP) benefit to linking (or trying to link) the two? Can't find it now but I thought I recall someone reporting a DL 360 vehicle meeting an LP pax although it might have been LAX.
SFO777 is offline  
Old Jun 7, 22, 8:17 pm
  #1127  
 
Join Date: May 2021
Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Ex-skywards Platnium
Posts: 321
Originally Posted by SFO777 View Post
Has anyone here had any experience linking a separate DL ticket to an AF LP (award) ticket? This would be LAX-SFO on DL connecting five hours later to SFO-CDG LP on AF. Wondering if there would be any (LP) benefit to linking (or trying to link) the two? Can't find it now but I thought I recall someone reporting a DL 360 vehicle meeting an LP pax although it might have been LAX.
I'm not a DL 360 but from my experience of doing a positioning flight of BOS-JFK before JFK-CDG on LP, the only benefit I got was skipping the queue for the showers in the Sky Club in T4 before heading over to T1. The attendant in front of the Sky Club told me that I should head over to T1 as I'll get the proper treatment there.
physicsdude is offline  
Old Jun 8, 22, 9:22 am
  #1128  
 
Join Date: May 2021
Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Ex-skywards Platnium
Posts: 321
Recently, I took my very first LP flight and wanted to share my experience notwithstanding full details so that I can stay a bit anon. The flight was probably one of the best flight I've ever flown on commercial and would say that it was far better than my Emirates flights. Even though it was a full cabin both ways, the LP FA on each of my flight were splendid and made sure to take care of each passenger with undivided attention and made sure everything was alright. I had pleasant conversations with them and it seemed as if they wanted me to be onboard.

However, the ground service was not great to say the least. I was ignored at the lounges at JFK and CDG on my outbound leg by the attendants. At CDG, I was ghosted the entire time and on my way back at CDG, one of the head waiters had talk behind my back questioning my choice in having coquillettes and foie gras at 10 am.

Would I fly LP again? Yes, for the on-board service and the flight itself. Sure the problems on the ground are first world problems, but having paid full fare in cash, I would expect to be at least treated with some basic courtesy at the lounges as well.

Anyways, here are some pics from my journey. Forgot to take pics from JFK-CDG.













A KLM 787 was passing by
.
physicsdude is offline  
Old Jun 8, 22, 9:31 am
  #1129  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver • DEN-APA
Programs: AF Platinum, BA Gold Emirates Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm
Posts: 20,754
Originally Posted by physicsdude View Post
. At CDG, I was ghosted the entire time and on my way back at CDG, one of the head waiters had talk behind my back questioning my choice in having coquillettes and foie gras at 10 am.
That is very surprising as I always have coquillettes (with wine or champagne) for breakfast, sometimes as early as 7am. I know that I'm not alone and none of the wait staff has ever questioned my selection obsession. Indeed, the staff seems to anticipate a lot of requests for breakfast coquillettes.
ebayj, milesaddict and physicsdude like this.
SFO777 is offline  
Old Jun 8, 22, 9:36 am
  #1130  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Posts: 34,015
Originally Posted by SFO777 View Post
That is very surprising as I always have coquillettes (with wine or champagne) for breakfast, sometimes as early as 7am. I know that I'm not alone and none of the wait staff has ever questioned my selection obsession. Indeed, the staff seems to anticipate a lot of requests for breakfast coquillettes.
In most any lounge when I am ordering dinner food or alcohol at 7am local time, I always let them know that my body clock is at dinner time. Even though they should comprehend time zones in an airport lounge, I have always found that mentioning this helps.

At least the LP lounge isn't like the lounges at JFK where New York laws prohibit alcohol being served before 10:30am.
milesaddict and SFO777 like this.
stimpy is offline  
Old Jun 8, 22, 10:47 am
  #1131  
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: NYC -- UA 1K; SPG Platinum; HH Diamond.
Posts: 2,052
Nice report physicsdude . I’m glad you enjoyed the flights and too bad about your experience at both lounges. I’ve had great service at both ends of JFK/CDG but all it takes is a bad apple.
physicsdude likes this.
NYC1 is offline  
Old Jun 8, 22, 10:51 am
  #1132  
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: NYC -- UA 1K; SPG Platinum; HH Diamond.
Posts: 2,052
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
In most any lounge when I am ordering dinner food or alcohol at 7am local time, I always let them know that my body clock is at dinner time. Even though they should comprehend time zones in an airport lounge, I have always found that mentioning this helps.

At least the LP lounge isn't like the lounges at JFK where New York laws prohibit alcohol being served before 10:30am.
I hear you but I don’t feel like a pax needs to somehow explain/justify why he/she is ordering something from the menu in a lounge. The lounge either serves it or not. I’m all for small talk/socializing with the lounge staff and I do it all the time but I feel like this is different—they don’t need “help” to take your request.
SFO777 and physicsdude like this.
NYC1 is offline  
Old Jun 16, 22, 11:39 am
  #1133  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Switzerland
Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Posts: 296
I have booked a crazy trip from GVA to HNL in La Premiere via CDG LAX. Do you know what should I expect in LAX when doing security and connecting to Delta?
Also, I have an overnight in Paris. Do you know if it's possible to get (or book) a Hertz Driver in this case?

Maybe a note is that I upgraded a C class with miles, actually. I'm suspecting the "experience" in this case might be lower than a full paid F.
Andy82 is offline  
Old Jun 16, 22, 11:53 am
  #1134  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver • DEN-APA
Programs: AF Platinum, BA Gold Emirates Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm
Posts: 20,754
Originally Posted by Andy82 View Post
I have booked a crazy trip from GVA to HNL in La Premiere via CDG LAX. Do you know what should I expect in LAX when doing security and connecting to Delta?
The extent of your LAX connection service will depend on the LP PA that greets you upon arrival. LAX PAs (unlike the miserable staff in IAH) are generally very accommodating. I did that same GVA-CDG-LAX run last month and my (newish) PA even offered to walk me all the way to Terminal 7 and United, easily a 20 minute trek. I declined her kind offer.

Originally Posted by Andy82 View Post
Also, I have an overnight in Paris. Do you know if it's possible to get (or book) a Hertz Driver in this case?
Yes, both ways. Just email [email protected] with your PNR, hotel info and desired pick up time the next morning.

Originally Posted by Andy82 View Post
I'm suspecting the "experience" in this case might be lower than a full paid F.
Your "experience" should be exactly the same as if you have paid full fare, or are on an award ticket.
ebayj, Goldorak, miles4CDG and 1 others like this.
SFO777 is offline  
Old Jun 16, 22, 6:50 pm
  #1135  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 68
Originally Posted by delanotre View Post
Air France has opened a new private area specially designed for La Première customers, in the Air France-KLM lounge at Geneva airport.

This area, equipped with light-coloured furniture, is designed to offer customers calm, serenity and ensure their privacy. La Première customers can also enjoy something to eat and drink and general service excellence. This new service is in addition to those already offered by the Company for La Première customers travelling from Geneva.

A free limousine service with chauffeur

Air France's La Première customers travelling from Geneva can now enjoy a free limousine service with chauffeur. This service is offered within a radius of 190 km around Geneva airport, for all tickets purchased in Switzerland.
Customers benefit from a quiet and comfortable journey in a Mercedes E Class to and from the airport. On board the vehicle, they have an Internet connection and a selection of newspapers and magazines.
Reservations must be made no later than 48 hours before flight departure via the Air France La Première service.


New reception area and personalized service

On arrival at Geneva airport, La Première customers are greeted by La Première agents in a specially dedicated area. They are then escorted through security to the private area of the Air France-KLM lounge.
When it's time to board, an agent also accompanies them on board and presents them to the crew.
would this also be valid for flights booked with points?
Thino is offline  
Old Jun 16, 22, 7:04 pm
  #1136  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 19,158
Originally Posted by Thino View Post
would this also be valid for flights booked with points?
of course.
Goldorak is offline  
Old Jun 17, 22, 6:23 am
  #1137  
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 1
What is the La Premiere phone number? I cannot find any information online.
stamatious is offline  
Old Jun 17, 22, 9:52 am
  #1138  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Posts: 7,234
Originally Posted by Thino View Post
would this also be valid for flights booked with points?
Don't expect too much.

It is four lounge chairs, separated from the reception desk by a library shelf, with a small fridge and snacks area that is just as poor as the rest of the food offering of the lounge. You still see and hear the rest of the lounge. When I last used it the space was just invaded by other people, the lounge staff didn't really "police" access.

Pleasant in comparison to the rest of the lounge because it feels more private, but hardly worth any excitement and a place to come to the airport early for. It's not a GVA satellite of the CDG Salon Premiere.
Goldorak likes this.
San Gottardo is offline  
Old Jun 18, 22, 10:41 pm
  #1139  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: AMS / LOP
Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Posts: 348
Later this year I will finally fly La Première for the first time from JNB.

Just a simple question: wich lounge do they use at JNB for P pax? The SLOW lounge? I can also use the VS lounge with Amex, but I have no idea of any of this lounges are good.
​​​​
jongesander is online now  
Old Jun 18, 22, 11:29 pm
  #1140  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 19,158
Originally Posted by jongesander View Post
Later this year I will finally fly La Première for the first time from JNB.

Just a simple question: wich lounge do they use at JNB for P pax? The SLOW lounge? I can also use the VS lounge with Amex, but I have no idea of any of this lounges are good.
​​​​
the Slow lounge. It was great before the pandemic. Hope it is still the same. More info and review (including P section) in the AF lounge thread
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27797803-post353.html
jongesander likes this.
Goldorak is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread