Old Jan 31, 2024, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ATLCDG
Content from on.the.bowery

In 2024, customers will find La Premiere on to 11 destinations.

La Premiere is available if you are flying to Tokyo, Los Angeles, San Francisco, New-York City (JFK), Washington DC, Miami, Abidjan, Singapore, Mexico City*, Sao Paulo and Dubai.

*Please note that Air France will discontinue the La Premiere service on the Mexico City (MEX) route on the 31st of March.

In 2024, you will find La Premiere on the following flights :

(All flights are in / out of Paris CDG. Exact timing varies during the year. These times are based on departures and arrivals in the month of May or August (middle of 2024)).

From Paris to New York City (JFK) :
AF4 10:30 - 12:45
AF6 13:30 - 15:50
AF8 16:30 - 18:50 (This flight does not systematically offer P Product)
AF10 18:30 - 20:40 (This flight will not offer P product after the month of June)
From New York City (JFK) to Paris :
AF1 16:30 - 05:55+1
AF5 18:30 - 08:05+1
AF7 21:30 - 11:05+1 (This flight does not systematically offer P Product)
AF9 23:15 - 12:40+1 (This flight will not offer P product after the month of June)

From Paris to Los Angeles (LAX) :
AF20 08:45 - 11:25 (P Product on this flight only in July and August)
AF22 10:40 - 13:05
AF24 13:30 - 16:05
From Los Angeles (LAX) to Paris :
AF21 13:40 - 09:20+1 (P Product on this flight only in July and August)
AF23 15:20 - 11:15+1
AF25 18:30 - 14:20+1

From Paris to San Francisco (SFO) :
AF84 10:15 - 12:45
From San Francisco (SFO) to Paris :
AF83 15:00 - 10:50+1

From Paris to Abidjan (ABJ) :
AF702 14:35 - 18:55
From Abidjan (ABJ) to Paris :
AF703 21:30 - 05:55+1

From Paris to Singapore (SIN) :
AF256 21:15 - 16:30+1
From Singapore (SIN) to Paris :
AF257 22:30 - 06:10+1

From Paris to Miami (MIA) :
AF90 14:05 - 17:55
From Miami (MIA) to Paris :
AF99 20:15 - 11:15+1

From Paris to Tokyo Haneda (HND) :
AF274 22:00 - 18:30+1
From Tokyo Haneda (HND) to Paris :
AF293 00:05 - 07:55

From Paris to Washington (IAD) :
AF54 14:00 - 16:21
From Washington (IAD) to Paris :
AF55 18:45 - 08:05+1

From Paris to Sao Paulo (GRU) :
AF460 10:10 - 16:45
From Sao Paulo (GRU) to Paris :
AF459 18:55 - 11:05+1

From Paris to Dubai (DXB) :
AF662 13:45 - 22:25
From Dubai (DXB) to Paris :
AF655 00:40 - 06:00

From Paris to Mexico City (MEX) :
AF178 11:35 - 16:55 (ends in March)
From Mexico City (MEX) to Paris :
AF179 19:55 - 14:35+1 (ends in March)

Previously this travel class was available on the 772 too.

These flights are operated by a fleet of 19 specific 777-300ER (F-GSQA/B/C/F/G/H/I/J/K/L/M/U/V/Y and F-GZNA/B/C/D, and E)

Other routes that previously operated La Premiere service but are now terminated (as P service) included Osaka, Lagos, Beijing, Atlanta, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Chicago, Houston, Montreal and Johannesburg. (Or even the overnight flight to Sao Paulo for example.)

Print Wikipost

AF « La Première » Outlook

Old Jul 30, 2020, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Indeed, the Travellers Club blog is depressing for AF P pax, but I find it quite realistic.

There were discussions about removing P when A380s would progressively disappear, and P possibly installed on some new 777s. With the now defunct A380s and the long lasting covid catastrophe, I doubt that there are serious plans to keep the 2019 P product. A handful of revenue F pax does not justify the costs.

It would be impossible to remove the P seats and retrofit given the current financial crisis and low J demand. It makes sense to keep the current seats as J+ for a couple of years until full retirement of AF P.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 2:35 pm

Well I was just pondering the other day if I should book my yearly Christmas "treat yo'self" P flight to go home, or be reasonable and do J instead, but given the current outlook I'll probably splurge since it may be the last time, if it even holds until then.

Originally Posted by matmatlr
Agree with you concerning LHR nightmare
LX might me a good option as well... Never flew with them in P so can't comment in details but I was reading nice reviews about it
Out of curiosity: you'd rather connect somewhere to travel in First, with all the associated connecting hassle, rather than traveling non stop in J? Or is J just too "plebeian" ?

I agree with other, I think that particularly people traveling for work (and somehow work unicorn companies allowing international F travel ) , will probably choose to travel direct in J instead of adding another 5-6 hours of travel time just to grab a F seat. Could be wrong of course!
Old Jul 30, 2020, 2:47 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Club2000 Ultimate / M&M HON Circle / ALL Diamond / Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by Klems

Out of curiosity: you'd rather connect somewhere to travel in First, with all the associated connecting hassle, rather than traveling non stop in J? Or is J just too "plebeian" ?

I agree with other, I think that particularly people traveling for work (and somehow work unicorn companies allowing international F travel ) , will probably choose to travel direct in J instead of adding another 5-6 hours of travel time just to grab a F seat. Could be wrong of course!
It really depends on the destination, length of my stay and what are my obligations when back to France.

I traveled for several years in Y in long haul so J is very fine and there are several destinations on which P is not provided.

I am not necessarily flying out of Paris so it won't change much as I am very often flying BCN - MEX, NTE - GRU, BLQ - YYZ... I have a connection anyway so better doing it in P than in J for rates that are not necessarily way higher
Klems likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
Mrs. L and I connect through CDG because we can use P. If we're spending that sort of money or anything close to travel then BA is simply not an option. It's a sad day when this ends. For us the experience in the air is as important as the destination, but then we're just retired people who are enjoying the "final flings"
Old Aug 1, 2020, 11:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, IHG Platinum, One Man Street Fair in my spare time
Regarding the travelers club blog, I'd be astonished if SFO was cut for P service anytime soon. But we are in unprecedented times.

I'm flying SFO-CDG-DBV in late October in Z. I will buy up to P at OLCI if offered, so will report out after that trip as to the air and ground experience. While the service offering may be altered, I do believe there can be added value in the privacy/social distancing aspect of P in these unusual times.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 11:08 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Agree with you concerning LHR nightmare
LX might me a good option as well... Never flew with them in P so can't comment in details but I was reading nice reviews about it
It's been a few years but I did a trip report that tried to do a comparison of the two: BOS-LHR Air France La Premiere vs LX First Class - a Comparison
Milwaukee likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 9:02 am
Original Poster

CDG AF P Lounge will reopen next week on 12th of aug

Enjoy guys ! 👍😉
JOUY31, ebayj, SFO777 and 4 others like this.

Last edited by Bullspread; Aug 6, 2020 at 9:13 am
Old Aug 6, 2020, 4:49 pm

Programs: FB PFL, ALL Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, EK PLAT, Air Caraïbes Diam, SQ PPS, ̷IHG Diam
Originally Posted by Bullspread

Enjoy guys ! 👍😉
that is great news ! 🥂
ebayj likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 4:56 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold

Any information on what services are provided right after it reopens?
Old Aug 7, 2020, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond

Enjoy guys ! 👍😉
Great news
Originally Posted by Sjondorn

Any information on what services are provided right after it reopens?
I am betting that :
- F&B offering will be the regular one, although possibly less choice for the buffet part
- no more self-service buffet, but an attendant will serve you the buffet items
- no more Spa
Old Aug 7, 2020, 5:18 am

Programs: FB Plat

Enjoy guys ! 👍😉
Now we just need to know when service on-board returns to normal.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 5:38 am

Programs: AF/KLM Club2000 Ultimate / M&M HON Circle / ALL Diamond / Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Great news

I am betting that :
- F&B offering will be the regular one, although possibly less choice for the buffet part
- no more Spa
I think the same as well
That's a good step forward for complete service to be back to normal

I have a question...
I booked a ticket in P (GRU - CDG - NTE) for beginning of Sept but was downgraded to J as it will be A350 with no P cabin.
As a compensation, AF is refunding me the fare difference.

However, can I still expect (or ask) to get P ground service in CDG ?
Old Aug 7, 2020, 6:20 am

Programs: FB PFL, ALL Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, EK PLAT, Air Caraïbes Diam, SQ PPS, ̷IHG Diam
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Great news

I am betting that :
- no more Spa
report mandatory by the first who visit La Premiere Lounge post COVID-19
Old Aug 7, 2020, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Enjoy guys ! 👍😉
That would be awesome. I called the LP line yesterday and was told "by the end of August" although the LP rep had no information as to whether the normal Alain Ducasse menu would be available. I also asked about inflight service for LAX-CDG next month. She stated that service would be as before, regular menu, etc... So it looks like we'll fly AF and not LH.
ebayj and Goldorak like this.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I think the same as well
That's a good step forward for complete service to be back to normal

I have a question...
I booked a ticket in P (GRU - CDG - NTE) for beginning of Sept but was downgraded to J as it will be A350 with no P cabin.
As a compensation, AF is refunding me the fare difference.

However, can I still expect (or ask) to get P ground service in CDG ?
There is no harm to ask

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.