FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   15% off new booking with voucher. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/2018005-15-off-new-booking-voucher.html)

JakeMorgan May 19, 2020 5:55 am

15% off new booking with voucher.

On the 15th of May Air France indicated that new bookings using a refund voucher would be eligible for a 15% discount. That said, I've no idea how to do this online. Has anyone had any success?

https://corporate.airfrance.com/en/n...mercial-policy
The current and unprecedented COVID-19 crisis has caused never seen situations for airlines and their customers. Since the beginning of this crisis, Air France and KLM have issued refundable vouchers as a commercial response to massive flight cancellations. These vouchers can be reimbursed after 12 months if they have not been (fully) used.

Recent developments on the global sanitary situation and the gradual lifting of quarantine measures give more clarity the evolution of the flight schedule for the near future. Therefore, Air France and KLM have decided to adjust their refund policy for flight cancellations taking place on 15th May and after. Concerned customers will be offered the choice of a voucher or a cash refund. However, in view of the magnitude of this crisis and the number of cancellations, it may take longer to process these transactions. Air France and KLM thank their customers for their understanding in these exceptional circumstances.

Air France and KLM also enhance the attractiveness of the vouchers, issued before or after 15th May by adding a bonus of 15% to the total value of the initial ticket.This extra value can be used for a new booking but will not be included in the cash payout after 12 months if no new booking has been made.

Air France and KLM teams are working on the technical implementation of the enhancement of these vouchers. Further details will be communicated in the coming days.
Thank you!

Goldorak May 19, 2020 1:48 pm

interesting. Will be curious to know when it will be implemented. I made a booking this morning using an EMD and it was not implemented yet.

irishguy28 May 19, 2020 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by JakeMorgan (Post 32387265)
On the 15th of May Air France indicated that new bookings using a refund voucher would be eligible for a 15% discount. That said, I've no idea how to do this online. Has anyone had any success?

What, exactly, are you trying to do?

a) Cancel a booking to obtain a non-refundable voucher;
b) Use a non-refundable voucher to buy a new ticket;

Note that, in the final paragraph of the text you yourself posted, AFKL have stated that they are still working on how to "add" the 15% to existing vouchers....so

c) Are you the AFKL intern whose job is to add 15% to existing vouchers?

:D

JakeMorgan May 19, 2020 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 32388653)
What, exactly, are you trying to do?

a) Cancel a booking to obtain a non-refundable voucher;
b) Use a non-refundable voucher to buy a new ticket;

Note that, in the final paragraph of the text you yourself posted, AFKL have stated that they are still working on how to "add" the 15% to existing vouchers....so

c) Are you the AFKL intern whose job is to add 15% to existing vouchers?

:D

Funny. :-) I just thought that perhaps in the 4 days since the offer was promoted they may have solved for the discount and perhaps I wasn't seeing it on AF's US site vs. their French site or KLM.com, etc.

nike85 May 22, 2020 2:41 am

My interpretation is not that you will receive a 15% discount on the new booking but rather that the voucher value will be 15% higher that the original booking. So if the cancelled flight was originally 100€ your voucher value would be 115€.

franck75002 May 22, 2020 10:23 am

Got sales rep on the phone this morning.
They are currently investigating how to implement this 15% extra value. They hope to have a solution within 10 days.

JakeMorgan May 22, 2020 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by franck75002 (Post 32395681)
Got sales rep on the phone this morning.
They are currently investigating how to implement this 15% extra value. They hope to have a solution within 10 days.

Thank you so much for the update.

f0zzyNUE May 23, 2020 2:03 am

doesn't this 15% additional value only affect vouchers that were issued because a flight had been cancelled by the airline?
in case you cancelled because you did not want to travel due to the corona situation no additional value will be added.

MsEllie May 23, 2020 12:03 pm

So in theory, could you buy a refundable ticket, cancel it for a voucher, then use it to buy a more expensive ticket in the future? Kind of like investing with Air France for a 15% return? Would that sort of thing actually help them stay afloat during COVID?

Rambol May 23, 2020 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by MsEllie (Post 32398257)
So in theory, could you buy a refundable ticket, cancel it for a voucher, then use it to buy a more expensive ticket in the future? Kind of like investing with Air France for a 15% return? Would that sort of thing actually help them stay afloat during COVID?

My understanding is that the 15% bonus, in case of voluntary cancellation, is only for tickets booked before the 22nd of April and scheduled to fly before September. Tickets booked after this date are only eligible for the 15% extra in case of involuntary cancellation.

So I don't think this would work, unless you knew in advance that a specific flight will be cancelled.

JakeMorgan May 27, 2020 1:44 am

Perhaps answering my own question - an AF agent told me today that the 15% is calculated automatically when making a new booking on AF.com. I wasn't able to see this, perhaps because I cancelled the ticket myself before AF cancelled my flights in April?

Let me know if anyone has any success.

bennytma Mar 15, 2021 10:29 am

Anyone know if these vouchers can be used for taxes and fees on Flying Blue award tickets? Thx

Goldorak Mar 15, 2021 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by bennytma (Post 33102072)
Anyone know if these vouchers can be used for taxes and fees on Flying Blue award tickets? Thx

unfortunately, no, they can't be used for this.