FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   GVA-CDG in the age of Covid 19 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/2015716-gva-cdg-age-covid-19-a.html)

JohnRain Apr 14, 20 1:04 am

GVA-CDG in the age of Covid 19
 
Hello everyone,

I'd like to find out how the new process works when traveling from GVA to CDG.
Do you have to present the Certificate of Exceptional Travel when crossing the border at GVA airport?
If so, how thorough are the checks, ie, do you have to justify the reason of your travel with additional documents or is the official form enough?
Thanks for your feedback.

brunos Apr 14, 20 2:56 am


Originally Posted by JohnRain (Post 32291410)
Hello everyone,

I'd like to find out how the new process works when traveling from GVA to CDG.
Do you have to present the Certificate of Exceptional Travel when crossing the border at GVA airport?
If so, how thorough are the checks, ie, do you have to justify the reason of your travel with additional documents or is the official form enough?
Thanks for your feedback.

I don't know exactly how GVA does it. But the procedure is clear:
https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-i...el-declaration

Assuming that you come from the Swiss side and cross the border to the French sector, you will be checked there and probably at check-in.
Remember that there are also travel restrictions in place all over France (meaning even for travel within France). So there is no way you will be able to travel to France without justification. The official form is not enough. Depending on your nationality and purpose, you will need to provide supporting documents as suggested on the website.
Assuming that you take an AF flight and currently reside in France (entering from the French side of the airport), the form is quite similar and supporting documents are needed for such a flight. AF will check at check-in.

San Gottardo Apr 14, 20 3:02 am

Yes, you'll have to produce it.

Source says:

The document is to be presented to transportation companies before boarding, as well as to border control authorities

maxmax3 May 12, 20 10:39 am

Hi,

has someone been visiting AF lounges in Paris recently - are there any food/drinks ? Has to travel to Geneva next week - I wonder if this flight is considered as an intra-France flight in Paris by Af authorities when registering and boarding. Due to the country restrictions have an access only to France and not to the Switzerland.

Thanks a lot for any hints in advance.

irishguy28 May 12, 20 10:55 am

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by maxmax3 (Post 32369087)
has someone been visiting AF lounges in Paris recently - are there any food/drinks ?

From the Air France website:

maxmax3 May 12, 20 11:07 am

Sorry fot not being clear. The question is if one has a French residence permit. As far as I understand, Swiss does not allow entering these days people with French resident permit into Switzerland under the COVID19 regulations. Otherwise, one can access Swiss without problem. My question was motivated by the fact that there is a French sector and exit from the airport ...

Thanks a lot!

irishguy28 May 12, 20 11:25 am

Apologies, I didn't realise that Geneva airport also had a similar dual country setup as EAP does!

Goldorak May 12, 20 11:55 am

No personal experience since Covid, but I don't see why there would be any problem at check-in in Paris for a French citizen (or resident permit in France) knowing that GVA has a sector in France. I am sure that controls at the Swiss border have been reinstated in GVA, so French citizens/France permanent residents will be sent back to the French sector of the airport.

San Gottardo May 12, 20 2:14 pm


Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 32369296)
No personal experience since Covid, but I don't see why there would be any problem at check-in in Paris for a French citizen (or resident permit in France) knowing that GVA has a sector in France. I am sure that controls at the Swiss border have been reinstated in GVA, so French citizens/France permanent residents will be sent back to the French sector of the airport.

Indeed.

Just be careful if you have checked luggage. All checked luggage goes on the French delivery belt once and only once. If it's not reclaimed it'll go on the belts in the Swiss luggage hall which is in a very different part and not accessible without passing through Swiss immigration.

TonyHe Jun 29, 20 2:46 am

Good morning all,
do you know if the lounge is open in GVA?Thanks

Goldorak Jun 29, 20 2:20 pm


Originally Posted by TonyHe (Post 32493070)
Good morning all,
do you know if the lounge is open in GVA?Thanks

As mentioned in the lounge thread, this lounge is currently closed, not because of Covid but for renovation. Re-opening sometime during summer, without precise date known.

TonyHe Jul 2, 20 2:27 am

I have been through GVA this morning. They have been handing out vouchers of 15CHF at check in desk. (enough for two coffees, a bottle of water and a chocolate bar)

BA6501 Jul 2, 20 3:18 pm


Originally Posted by San Gottardo (Post 32369630)
Indeed.

Just be careful if you have checked luggage. All checked luggage goes on the French delivery belt once and only once. If it's not reclaimed it'll go on the belts in the Swiss luggage hall which is in a very different part and not accessible without passing through Swiss immigration.

So bags don't start to appear until the last pax is off the aircraft and in the hall?

sscaf001 Jul 6, 20 3:49 am

Hi Goldorak, just got the info last Thursday that AF Lounge in GVA is going to be opened in the "beginning" of September ....

JOUY31 Jul 7, 20 5:40 am


Originally Posted by BA6501 (Post 32503233)
So bags don't start to appear until the last pax is off the aircraft and in the hall?

IIRC the belt in French territory is one level above the one in Swiss territory. Baggage make one round in France before dropping down into Switzerland.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 4:44 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.