GVA-CDG in the age of Covid 19

Old Sep 13, 2020, 9:02 am

Programs: FB:Plat ALL:Plat
Originally Posted by thibderoc
Flying September 17th, I'll confirm if it is open (or not)

Although, vouchers were great to bring back free swiss chocolates...
reporting from Geneva today, the attendant confirmed it will reopen tomorrow
Old Sep 25, 2020, 1:07 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / ACCOR Platinum
Well, I went in on Thursday Morning, prior to the 07:20 to Paris.

It is a vast, vast improvement. A lot lighter, no longer a grim yellow and more seating options. I would call it a success.

The breakfast offer was all packaged foods and muffins. All self service.

Really quiet compared to normal times though.

In fact Geneva airport was shockingly empty again.

Will be back soon.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 12:39 am

Well spent a good hour in the Geneva lounge alone yesteday afternoon.

I got some snaps...

Old Nov 29, 2020, 10:04 am

https://www.air-journal.fr/2020-11-2...s-5224250.html

sorry in French. As a summary: French sector is now closed (and I hope, it will never reopen )
does it mean Air France lounge is no longer accessible?
Old Nov 29, 2020, 2:26 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by TonyHe
https://www.air-journal.fr/2020-11-2...s-5224250.html

sorry in French. As a summary: French sector is now closed (and I hope, it will never reopen )
does it mean Air France lounge is no longer accessible?
Good!

This means access to the full boutique and restaurant choice in the Swiss sector, which is larger and more pleasant. Also, it means for flights on LX one can use their SEN/FCL lounges (when they open, and if the French side doesn't open again).

For the AF lounge, I do not know the answer, but I don't see any need to close it. There is a door from the Swiss side, for KL pax, and then one could still exit as usual on the French side towards the gates. I do not think that they have closed the F6x gate space, they have just made it accessible from the Swiss side. Or do planes leave from Swiss-side gates? If they do, still not a problem for the lounge, just go out through the same door you came in on the Swiss side.

I'll fly in 10 days and will report, although presumably someone else will have been there before.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 1:01 pm

And now handling transferred to Dnata...
Old Dec 3, 2020, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
So I flew CDG-GVA the other night and the flight was operated by Hop! as the Geneva route has been for a while now. It was dreadful, staff were so unfriendly and not even a Hello. I thought this apology of an airline was being phased out, but I read in Air Journal today that it was staying to operate domestic and shorthaul as Air France operated by Hop! So presumably it will keep its AOC but not operate flights under its own code. Previously it had its own revenue system and marketing team, but all that will be subsumed into Air France. Sounds a bit like what happened to Germanwings at the end (and who misses that).
Old Dec 3, 2020, 3:34 pm

This Morning (Thursday) at 10:00, AF and KLM had two seperate checkin zones, next to each other, in the main terminal.

It was a mess, it took me 30 mins to check in my bag using Sky Priority for the KLM flight. It felt we had gone backwards big time.

The lounge still has and will keep Air France Staff ! It is still a place of peace and professionalism.
To note the self service for the refreshments has now ended ( both food and drinks ), you are now assisted by a member of the team.

Happy travels.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just further on the subject of flight attendants, I was reading a review of Aeromexico in business class on Simple Flying, which was apparently excellent in all respects. But the author made this comment about cabin crew, which I think is spot on:

Flying through the pandemic, there are two different types of flight attendants. The first type is thankful to have people onboard the aircraft after months of pain and ache, which continues, and they do their best to make passengers feel welcome and safe. The second type is more upset about the ongoing crisis, a little drained, and less enthusiastic to see passengers.

I would say that the second type very much applies to Hop! cabin crew, at least, on all my recent flights which include a lot of Hop! operated CDG-GVA and vv.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 11:26 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Concerto
Just further on the subject of flight attendants, I was reading a review of Aeromexico in business class on Simple Flying, which was apparently excellent in all respects. But the author made this comment about cabin crew, which I think is spot on:

Flying through the pandemic, there are two different types of flight attendants. The first type is thankful to have people onboard the aircraft after months of pain and ache, which continues, and they do their best to make passengers feel welcome and safe. The second type is more upset about the ongoing crisis, a little drained, and less enthusiastic to see passengers.

I would say that the second type very much applies to Hop! cabin crew, at least, on all my recent flights which include a lot of Hop! operated CDG-GVA and vv.
In the case of Hop! staff, I guess you would need to add the context: a drastic decrease of the size of the fleet from 69 to 32 aircraft.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Concerto
You should not generalize. I had many times great Hop crews, including during the last 6 months.
San Gottardo likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I'm sure you are right, there are probably a lot of good and motivated crews. Maybe they are down and have low morale at the moment because of the airline being closed, or downgraded. To be honest, I am not exactly sure what has happened to them.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 4:21 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Goldorak
You should not generalize. I had many times great Hop crews, including during the last 6 months.
+1
Old Dec 21, 2020, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Today I was on an Air France 320 from GVA to CDG. My later flight to DUS was with HOP! and it was excellent.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 7:13 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
Out of 8 daily flights only 1 is currently operating, all others are cancelled. All CDG-ZRH cancelled. Is AF abandoning Switzerland?

I understand that there might not be any point to point demand, but what about potential transfer pax?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.