Coronavirus - Air France US To Europe Specific ECredit Extension?

Old Apr 7, 2020, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Coronavirus - Air France US To Europe Specific ECredit Extension?

I have a credit with Air France that I received last summer after I had to cancel the return leg of a trip from Europe to the US. When the agent gave me the credit, she mentioned that I can use it for any US to Europe and vice versa travel within one year.

Will the deadline to use this credit be extended because of the virus outbreak?
Old Apr 8, 2020, 4:41 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat
did you already check with AF ? What did THEY say ?
Old Apr 8, 2020, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by bigcahonna
I have a credit with Air France that I received last summer after I had to cancel the return leg of a trip from Europe to the US. When the agent gave me the credit, she mentioned that I can use it for any US to Europe and vice versa travel within one year.

You have indeed a very valid case. You need to contact AF ASAP.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 2:29 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
You have indeed a very valid case. You need to contact AF ASAP.
+1
Old May 2, 2020, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by bigcahonna

So what happened, did they extend it? BTW, were you free to use the travel credit for any fare? For example, if you cancelled a F fare and had a credit of 4K or so, could you use that for 2 r/t J fares for you and your spouse?
Old May 3, 2020, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by MsEllie
So what happened, did they extend it? BTW, were you free to use the travel credit for any fare? For example, if you cancelled a F fare and had a credit of 4K or so, could you use that for 2 r/t J fares for you and your spouse?
You can book any fare, but usually only for the original passenger. And if you book a cheaper ticket, the difference is still available to you under the form of a new voucher that you can use for another ticket (still for the same passenger)
MsEllie likes this.

Last edited by Goldorak; May 3, 2020 at 12:33 pm
Old May 3, 2020, 7:55 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Goldorak
You can book any fare, but usually only for the original passenger. And you book a cheaper ticket, the difference is still available to you under the form of a new voucher that you can use for another ticket (still for the same passenger)
In normal times - things may be different in the context of Covid19 - there are two types of vouchers. Those which you can use and the remaining value can then be used in a later transaction; and those where the remaining value is lost. I have made that experience where for one trip I got 500 EUR from AF for a delay of several hours on a CDG-CAI flight; and another voucher which was refund of a ticket following AF's offer that people not fly to BEY because of demonstrators in the street (we instead stayed in Paris, just to have the real street war with Gilet Jaunes etc.). I don't remember which version allowed to keep the remaining value.

Not sure how it works with the vouchers handed out now during the Corona crisis. I think the remaining value can be used for a different transaction, but vouchers are still nominal (=the new flight must be taken by the person whose name is on the voucher). I also think but don't know that when the flight is cancelled by AF the voucher can be paid out in money after one year, and when I cancel myself and ask for a refund the voucher is valid for only one year, without option to cash it in.

And then of course there is the contradictory information about which airlines the vouchers can be used on. In some places it says AF and KL. In other AF and KL and DL. In others AF+KL+DL+VS. In others AF+KL+DL+KQ. Interestingly, nowhere does it say Transavia...
MsEllie likes this.
Old May 3, 2020, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
In normal times - things may be different in the context of Covid19 - there are two types of vouchers. Those which you can use and the remaining value can then be used in a later transaction; and those where the remaining value is lost. I have made that experience where for one trip I got 500 EUR from AF for a delay of several hours on a CDG-CAI flight; and another voucher which was refund of a ticket following AF's offer that people not fly to BEY because of demonstrators in the street (we instead stayed in Paris, just to have the real street war with Gilet Jaunes etc.). I don't remember which version allowed to keep the remaining value.
I didn't know that. This is how we can value forum like this one. We learn new things every day
So, I am guessing, the one you got as a compensation for the delay is the one you need to use for its entire value and the other one can be used for several transactions.

Not sure how it works with the vouchers handed out now during the Corona crisis. I think the remaining value can be used for a different transaction, but vouchers are still nominal (=the new flight must be taken by the person whose name is on the voucher).
Correct.

I also think but don't know that when the flight is cancelled by AF the voucher can be paid out in money after one year, and when I cancel myself and ask for a refund the voucher is valid for only one year, without option to cash it in.
Correct.

And then of course there is the contradictory information about which airlines the vouchers can be used on. In some places it says AF and KL. In other AF and KL and DL. In others AF+KL+DL+VS. In others AF+KL+DL+KQ. Interestingly, nowhere does it say Transavia...
Normally, it is AF/KL/DL/VS.
Old May 5, 2020, 5:21 pm

I have received some vouchers for delays and used them not entirely but in several transactions
i always received the remaining value even once it was only 54 cents.......but also 300 400 etc...created instantely

But what i learned if you use the remaining value... you must use all because it will not create another voucher..
hope i m not off topic

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.