On Board Service Changes - Corona

Old Jul 3, 2020, 10:01 am

Programs: FB Platinum, AS MVP Gold, HH Gold, IHG Gold
Dear all,

Thank you all for your participation in this thread, very useful.
I did my best to summarize what is the current service level on Air France flights by cabin and by sector.
As you know some changes occurred on 26th of June for short and medium flights (as shown on the previous post).
Also please note that the infographic has been checked by AF to make sure information are correct. It is in french but it's pretty self explanatory:

For those reading french, here is the full article: https://blog.flight-report.com/infog...ce-post-covid/
mlin32 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 6:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Life Miles, Miles and more
Originally Posted by Leadership
Dear all,

I did my best to summarize what is the current service level on Air France flights by cabin and by sector.
As you know some changes occurred on 26th of June for short and medium flights (as shown on the previous post).
Also please note that the infographic has been checked by AF to make sure information are correct. It is in french but it's pretty self explanatory:

For those reading french, here is the full article: https://blog.flight-report.com/infog...ce-post-covid/
That's fantastic, thank you so much Leadership. Seems like for the long flights they're not to far off normal. And though it's not shown in the image, the article says economy passengers will be getting the regular drinks service including champagne. Cheers!
Old Jul 3, 2020, 6:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Leadership
Dear all,

That's fantastic, thank you so much Leadership. Seems like for the long flights they're not to far off normal. And though it's not shown in the image, the article says economy passengers will be getting the regular drinks service including champagne. Cheers!
Old Jul 4, 2020, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
This is the AF thread, but just a quick note from a KL flight, AMS-LYS. In J they served a nice breakfast box with an actual Delft coffee mug instead of a paper cup.
petitaix and Bullspread like this.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 3:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Accor Gold
Just a quick review of onboard & airport service at CDG and MPL this weekend.

03 July CDG-MPL :
- Arrived at airport at 7pm, Access N1 (Sky Priority) check-in zone was open but not the security just beside. Had to walk to the normal security zone. No queue anyway.
- Both 2F1 and 2F2 lounges were closed (they close at 6pm), my flight was at 9pm... Ended up paying 30 euros for 2 sandwich and 2 beers. I was aware of that, so in the morning I asked AF on Twitter for a voucher. They refused and said they adapt their service for my securiy. Hmmm ok...!
- Boarding was by zone as usual, starting by Zone 1 & 2. Seems the boarding by the last rows are gone.
- As a Platinum, no special welcome or something else.
- I think I was the only Platinum on board (at least, in the first 5 rows, if I refer to all paxs cards on suitcase). We have 3 seats for both my wife and I, with the middle seat empty. But at the end of the boarding, a flight attendant who was not working on this flight but just returning home, goes to me and said "I'll seat here". I said "We are together" pointing on my wife. She said "ok no problem, just go to the middle seat". I said "I don't want, can you go to the middle seat on other rows ?" (there was litterally 3 middle seat empty in rows next and behind to me, so I don't know why she went to me and not to other people). She turned back and put her thumbs up without saying a word. "GP" to the next level here.....
- Service was limited to orange juice, apple juice, tomato juice and water (no sparkling water).
- Arrived on time

05 July MPL-CDG :
- Goes directly through security, no queue.
- Lounge was closed (it was 9am), ended up paying, again, for having breakfast.
- Boarding in first, want to scan my BP which was on my phone, but I involontary locked my phone. Agent tell me "it's the QR code you have to scan !" I was like "really...?", she took my phone off my hands, and she dropped it to the ground. She just said sorry and not even trying to pick it up. Fortunately, no damage, but c'mon...
- A really warm welcome from staff, I was nicely welcomed with a bag with my name handwritten on it (it was a vomit bag but the intention is there ^^), with 2 "sucr + sal" packages in it. Those little things are pleasant!
- A GP took place in the last row of business class, while upgrade was proposed to me for the modest price of 199€. A little bit expensive for a biscuit
- Service was limited to juices, water and coffee. Ended up sleeping all the flight so nothing to report.
- Arrived on time with unboarding by rows (row 1 to 5 first, then 6 to 10, and probably the same thing for the reste of the plane).

TL;DR : Except the warm welcome and the little gift from the flight attendant on the return flight, I think this is not the way to get people flying again.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Alefly78
TL;DR : Except the warm welcome and the little gift from the flight attendant on the return flight, I think this is not the way to get people flying again.
Fully agree. I am starting to be pissed by all those reduced service, closed lounges etc for so-called safety
Old Jul 6, 2020, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Fully agree. I am starting to be pissed by all those reduced service, closed lounges etc for so-called safety
i sent an official (written mail) complaint for a 650 J ticket on domestic flight for which I got absolutely zero service on board recently .
still no answer from AF...
Old Jul 6, 2020, 11:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, FB Gold
When the lounge had shut and there was no onboard service I sent in a receipt for 13 from a CDG airport shop for water, soft drink and sandwich. AF refused to reimburse these 13 citing that the ticket does not entitle me to any catering.
When LH didnt have catering due to the caterer striking, some passengers went to court and got 25% of their Business class fare or something as it was argued that catering is an important part of the fare premium paid in Business
Old Jul 9, 2020, 5:16 am

Programs: FB Plat, SQ*G, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nallison
That's fantastic,Seems like for the long flights they're not to far off normal. And though it's not shown in the image, the article says economy passengers will be getting the regular drinks service including champagne. Cheers!
It seems that AF is considering bringing back alcoholic drinks in all classes as per July.

Chez Air France, la solution est trs volutive et la compagnie envisage dj le retour de lalcool courant juillet dans toutes ses cabines sur moyen-courrier et une rvision de son protocole sur long-courrier.

How's the actual situation? Anyone can confirm and have flown or knowledge first-hand?
Old Jul 9, 2020, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by skycruiserNL
It seems that AF is considering bringing back alcoholic drinks in all classes as per July.

Chez Air France, la solution est trs volutive et la compagnie envisage dj le retour de lalcool courant juillet dans toutes ses cabines sur moyen-courrier et une rvision de son protocole sur long-courrier.

How's the actual situation? Anyone can confirm and have flown or knowledge first-hand?

i flown in EU early July in Europe in J.
no alcool, no food except biscuits . I did complaint but they did not care and refuse any compensation . COVID protection is their main non credible excuse ...
Old Jul 9, 2020, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Bullspread
i flown in EU early July in Europe in J.
no alcool, no food except biscuits . I did complaint but they did not care and refuse any compensation . COVID protection is their main non credible excuse ...
I have a 12 hour longhaul coming up. So far I am in Y. And wondering if I need to pack my own survival package or not 🤔
Old Jul 9, 2020, 11:06 am

Programs: FlyingBlue

Flying AF short-haul within Europe tomorrow (first time since April, what a long wait this was!).
I'll let you know about the current situation regarding food/beverages.
skycruiserNL likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 4:50 pm
Suspended

I have a 12 hour longhaul coming up. So far I am in Y. And wondering if I need to pack my own survival package or not 🤔
A man, or woman, after my own heart!

According to this article (in French) they've been serving alcohol in economy long haul since at least mid June. Surely there's someone out there who can confirm this?!

https://www.bfmtv.com/economie/consommation/pourquoi-certaines-compagnies-aeriennes-ne-proposent-plus-d-alcool-a-bord-de-leurs-avions_AN-202006170001.html

Also, the other quote above says they are considering the return of alcohol for medium haul, and implies it's already being served on long haul.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 4:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by maalloc
Flying AF short-haul within Europe tomorrow (first time since April, what a long wait this was!).
I'll let you know about the current situation regarding food/beverages.
From the articles, people's anecdotes, and the graphic above, it seems you shouldn't expect much. According to the picture alcohol is only served on flights above 2.5 hours.

The great mystery is long haul and economy in particular. In theory, they are serving as normal including the champagne aperitif, but it's be nice to have it confirmed....
skycruiserNL likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by nallison
The great mystery is long haul and economy in particular. In theory, they are serving as normal including the champagne aperitif, but it's be nice to have it confirmed....
otherwise it will be me who reports back tomorrow. AF want 1419 for the upgrade to J, so Ill skip and find myself happy in my seat plus 🤭
stay tuned ...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.