Community
Wiki Posts
Search

On Board Service Changes - Corona

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2022, 1:54 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by fransknorge
A friend of mine is asking me what is the current service in Y on long-haul. Since I have not flown AF Y in the last 18 years I would rather ask for more recent experiences
Flight is AF6, to NYC, leaving 14:00, arriving 17:00.
Is it a lunch + snack ? Or something else ?
Yes, it's lunch (couple choices of plat principal) plus a small arrival snack.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by fransknorge
A friend of mine is asking me what is the current service in Y on long-haul. Since I have not flown AF Y in the last 18 years I would rather ask for more recent experiences
Flight is AF6, to NYC, leaving 14:00, arriving 17:00.
Is it a lunch + snack ? Or something else ?
lunch and collation before landing. I don’t know if the aperitif service pre-lunch is back or not.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 2:20 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / ACCOR Platinum
I did this trip recently in Y and I found the service was very good.
No Aperitif service, but champagne was available on the meal trolley, along with wine etc.
Main meal service, seemed to be back to normal and was good.
Digestifs are also back.

Usual snack bags at the end of the flight, with drinks, but with no wine on the trolley.

I did get the impression though that as Plat, I could have whatever I wanted during the flight.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Hi everyone, my only recent AF intra-European flights were either C (disappointing food) or Y within France. Am I correct that Y within Europe is just the "sale ou sucre" similar to the domestic offer on flights under 2.5 hrs? Flying the AF LHR-NCE route which I was surprised to see is Y only. Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 14, 2022, 5:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / ACCOR Platinum
What arrives in European Y is always a bit of mystery.

I did CDG - Geneva on Monday and a sandwich was served, much the same as my recent MAN, DUB, EDI flights.

Still no wine in Y though, which I can still not get my head around. Only Dutch beer, really quite an amazing feat of ridiculousness by Air France.
Solevita likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 5:44 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Jonny Endley

I did CDG - Geneva on Monday and a sandwich was served, much the same as my recent MAN, DUB, EDI flights.

Still no wine in Y though, which I can still not get my head around. Only Dutch beer, really quite an amazing feat of ridiculousness by Air France.
Especially given that KLM manages to serve half decent wine.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 5:47 am

Programs: FlyingBlue

You couldn’t get wine on a CDG GVA? That’s strange.
Wine was free flowing on yesterday’s CDG LYS, a shorter and domestic route…

Last edited by maalloc; Jul 14, 2022 at 6:46 am
Old Jul 14, 2022, 6:43 am

Programs: EuroBonus, FlyingBlue Gold
My experience has been the same, on Hop flights DUS-CDG there is only beer and soft drinks, also no coffee or tea. On French domestic flights there seems to be soft drinks, wine, beer, liquor, coffee and tea, so the service seems to be a bit of a mystery at the moment.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 7:08 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by NLNO
My experience has been the same, on Hop flights DUS-CDG there is only beer and soft drinks, also no coffee or tea. On French domestic flights there seems to be soft drinks, wine, beer, liquor, coffee and tea, so the service seems to be a bit of a mystery at the moment.
I've been hearing Hop has been really inconsistent. From my experience, they always provided the full coffee, tea, soft drinks, etc but these days, some flights in Hop J don't even get meals. I used to think it was due to the number of passengers on the flight, but that's also not a factor based on the experience of me and my colleagues.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 10:56 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Hmmm… the mystery thickens indeed! I’ll report on what I get on lhr-nce for both food and drink.

As I said, was puzzled the flight is Y only given that now even domestics have Y and that London-Nice is routinely a very premium heavy route (Ba regularly manage 10-15 rows of C. of course that includes connections but the o/d C contingent is sizeable too).
Old Jul 14, 2022, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond

There's a sandwich in Y for EU flights. And wine is definitely available. You may not see it on the cart, but it's inside the cart and you can ask, no problem.
orbitmic and caliform like this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
There's a sandwich in Y for EU flights. And wine is definitely available. You may not see it on the cart, but it's inside the cart and you can ask, no problem.
Thanks Goldorak! Is the sandwich on all flights or is it only "meal times" (and if so do we know what is the cut off time?) I remember AF used to differentiate between lunch/dinner vs other times and I think that they still do in C (or maybe mid-afternoons look more snacky to me just because I am less hungry! ), but hope they have stopped by now in Y.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Thanks Goldorak! Is the sandwich on all flights or is it only "meal times" (and if so do we know what is the cut off time?) I remember AF used to differentiate between lunch/dinner vs other times and I think that they still do in C (or maybe mid-afternoons look more snacky to me just because I am less hungry! ), but hope they have stopped by now in Y.
I have no recent data point for "non-meal times", but will have one very soon. I'll report here.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 1:32 pm

Hello,
I recently flew in J GVA-CDG-OTP r/t with both legs CDG-OTP and OTP-CDG being operated by TAROM.

I didn't expect that on a 3 hours flight in J that i wouldn't be served neither food nor drinks. When i asked a crew member, she told me "It's like that".
After checking on TAROM website it appears that they removed all services during COVID times and that it still applies today. Had i known i would've book on AF operated flight.

I wrote a complaint to AFKL (i have Platinum status) and was answered that they provide Codeshare flights for clients to be able to enjoy more options, and that they are not responsible for services provided by other airlines, even if it's a AF flight.

Do you think this is fair? I can understand their point of view, but still, i really thought they would give a compensation for that, at least a small commercial gesture.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by ramalair
Hello,
I recently flew in J GVA-CDG-OTP r/t with both legs CDG-OTP and OTP-CDG being operated by TAROM.

I didn't expect that on a 3 hours flight in J that i wouldn't be served neither food nor drinks. When i asked a crew member, she told me "It's like that".
After checking on TAROM website it appears that they removed all services during COVID times and that it still applies today. Had i known i would've book on AF operated flight.

I wrote a complaint to AFKL (i have Platinum status) and was answered that they provide Codeshare flights for clients to be able to enjoy more options, and that they are not responsible for services provided by other airlines, even if it's a AF flight.

Do you think this is fair? I can understand their point of view, but still, i really thought they would give a compensation for that, at least a small commercial gesture.
technically, yes, it is fair. Your ticket would have mentioned your flight was operated by RO and indeed airlines are not responsible for the service offered on codeshares which increasingly include low cost partners for instance.

but yes, I’d be quite unhappy too and would regret not having booked y.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.