Community
Wiki Posts
Search

On Board Service Changes - Corona

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2020, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
What I don't get though is the "no Skypriority" for flights below 2H30 / startring with people seated in the back. Say a flight leaves at 15H. They start boarding at 14H35 with people seated in the back, then at 14H40 the next batch, Business Class at 14H45 and so on. And then, at 14H45 comes a group of 20 people from a connecting flight that are seated in the back. Plus some of those people that cut it short. What then? Will they see themselves refused to fly unless they are seated in front?
I would not have imagined so. As with pretty much all covid19-related measures, the idea is to minimise risk as far as practicable, rather than eliminating it altogether. The process is designed to minimise as far as reasonably practicable the likelihood of passengers finding themselves being held up in the aisle for a prolonged period (while somebody else get seated) close to other passengers already seated or also waiting behind them to move towards the back of the plane. It is not about offering a cast-iron guarantee that this will never ever happen in any circumstances whatsoever.
HalconBCN likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by GeminisTwin
I'm hoping you're right, since sometimes J meals are provided with plastic covers on each dish anyway -- but my initial thought was we'll be getting pre-wrapped sandwiches and chips like the KL pics showed. I'm holding out hope my September SFO-CDG trip is as close to "normal" as possible, though it sounds like a 2nd meal is not a guarantee. I also did not know that ALL lounges were closed at CDG; somehow I thought there was one in each terminal still operating. Can't wait to hear first-hand responses as we start flying again.
All lounges are closed at CDG, due to govt instructions. I believe some will reopen end June/beg July if allowed by govt.
for the 2nd meal on AF to SFO, I believe there is still one, but likely cold food only.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I fully agree. Risk minimization is trying to erect many reasonable barriers that will make transmission more difficult, but no single one is 100% proof. Rules are dictated by common sense, but it is impossible to follow them all the time everywhere. However 90% is much better than never.

I would hate to sit in 1C and have 100 pax boarding, towering over me while chatting. If only 10 of them do it, that reduces the risks. At least ,they will finally have to wear a mask when boarding.
NickB and HalconBCN like this.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 4:40 am

Clear gap/cost cutting measures between LH and AF/KL

« Lufthansa a par ailleurs « élargi son concept de service » le 1er juin : ses clients reçoivent une lingette désinfectante avant chaque vol. Sur les vols court et moyen-courriers en classe Affaires, le service de boissons et le service de repas normal seront réactivés. Sur les vols long-courriers, les clients de toutes les classes se verront ŕ nouveau proposer la gamme habituelle de boissons. En Premičre et en classe Affaires, les clients pourront ŕ nouveau choisir parmi une gamme de plats ; en classe Economie, les clients continueront également de recevoir un repas. « Des rčgles d’hygične strictes continuent d’ętre respectées » pendant les ajustements de service. »

or in English from the LH site :

https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/curr...ces#short-haul
Old Jun 5, 2020, 12:22 pm

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
The decision about service is appalling, especially now that travel is resuming. Time to reimburse my remaining flight for 2020, and move to LH/LX, at least until the service is fully restored.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
But at least, for flights >2h30, the catering is the regular one or very close to, while it's not with KL.
Not really. Quoting:
Pour les vols Long courrier, nous limitons le service en cabine, nous privilégions les produits sous film ou emballés individuellement, les collations peuvent ętre servies dans nos sacs Bon Appétit et les secondes prestations en fin de vol, peuvent ętre suspendues.
I wouldn't define this as 'very close to the regular one'.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 1:23 am

Programs: FB Plat
Very close to the regular one of "le monde d'aprčs"...
Old Jun 7, 2020, 12:54 pm

Programs: FB:Plat ALL:Plat
Here you go for a flight report:

Does not sound very appealing.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by TonyHe

https://twitter.com/zetravelersclub/...376517121?s=12

Indeed that's quite depressing.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by TonyHe

https://twitter.com/zetravelersclub/...376517121?s=12

For the top left picture, this is obviously the usual tray with everything placed on the tray except the warm dish that is coming after the appetizer is eaten. So this confirms that there is still something decent for the main J long-haul service on AF. The other pictures seems to be what replaces the 2nd collation and this doesn't seem very appealing, I agree. KL serves Y food in both Y & J and doesn't serve warm dishes in flights < 9hrs.
Overall, I of course agree that those reductions in service are unacceptable and unjustified.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 2:46 am

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
From what I read on the BA site it looks like a feast
Old Jun 8, 2020, 4:48 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
For reference, this is what it looks like on LX (NB: they are not very explicit what "minimal changes to service due to hygiene" means. In an email they sent they explained that in LX First you would no longer help yourself from the box of pralines/truffles but that they show you the box and then you tell them which ones you want; and they have a change to the Cheese Cart service. That's all OK. I would imagine though that in other cabins the changes are a little more "drastic")

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32439074-post8.html
Old Jun 8, 2020, 5:48 am

Programs: FB:Plat ALL:Plat
Answer from the communication department (sorry, it's in French):
https://thetravelersclub.boardingare...ravelers-club/
mlin32 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 12:46 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
The first meal is perfectly fine. The second would be disappointing, even in Y.
AF will definitely lose business in the premium cabins if this gap does not get addressed.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 6:01 am

Programs: Flying Blue PFL, Eurostar Carte Blanche, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
All lounges are closed at CDG, due to govt instructions. I believe some will reopen end June/beg July if allowed by govt.
for the 2nd meal on AF to SFO, I believe there is still one, but likely cold food only.
The Platinum Line just told me that the Lounge 2F1 should reopen on June 16th.
Goldorak, Bullspread and offvoice like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.