On Board Service Changes - Corona

Old Jul 18, 2020, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by maalloc

When I played dumb and casually asked for a beer or any other adult beverage, I was answered very seriously that given the current situation, « nothing with bubbles » could be served.I’ll leave it as an exercise to the reader to figure out why Heineken or even Coke presents serious safety threats in Y.

So every is not back to normal yet
That's ridiculous. So now Perrier and Coke have propagation properties.... I don't think I read that one in the New England Journal of Medicine ;-)
Old Jul 19, 2020, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Q-STO
I am still not clear about what AF means with “short” EU flights: probably less than 75min?
Anyway, flew CDG-GVA in Y this morning: Coffee, tea, chocolate, orange juice available. No sweet snack.
it's GVA, LHR, AMS, DUS.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 2:19 pm
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
CDG-VIE - getting back close to normal
Carel1, AlvinMaker and Bullspread like this.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
It depends which which airline you fly. Probably not AF (although you're posting in the AF forum). Air France does not fly between Chicago and Las Vegas. And whilst there are a few exceptional Air France flights with Premiere between CDG and ORD I doubt you're on that flight. It's not open for sale and by the time you get to ORD on that flight you won't have a connection to LAS anymore. Maybe want to ask in another forum?
  • Thanks for letting me know. My post was about United but was moved to this forum. I apologize!

Last edited by thaliajen; Jul 19, 2020 at 9:24 pm Reason: Cutting double quote
Old Jul 21, 2020, 8:36 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
That's ridiculous. So now Perrier and Coke have propagation properties.... I don't think I read that one in the New England Journal of Medicine ;-)
CDG/TXL on Sunday : no bubbles
TXL/CDG on Tuesday : bubbles.

Last edited by carnarvon; Jul 22, 2020 at 8:50 pm
Old Jul 21, 2020, 9:54 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Thanks @carnarvon. Now we know that serving bubbles is only dangerous when flying eastward!
Old Jul 22, 2020, 2:41 pm
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by maalloc
Thanks @carnarvon. Now we know that serving bubbles is only dangerous when flying eastward!
well, that cannot be, see my photo above (sunday, bubbles for CDG-VIE). I believe more in French Roulette deciding about bubbles being served or not.
maalloc likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 7:08 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / ACCOR Platinum
So for Geneva - CDG in ECO departing at 12:05.

No Wine or Beer or fizzy drinks.

Just : Coffee, Tea, Fruit Juice and Still Water.

No Snacks.

J
Old Jul 26, 2020, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Jonny Endley
So for Geneva - CDG in ECO departing at 12:05.

No Wine or Beer or fizzy drinks.

Just : Coffee, Tea, Fruit Juice and Still Water.

No Snacks.

J
Shame
Old Jul 26, 2020, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Shame
unions did a lot of lobby to reduce interactions with PAX
Old Jul 26, 2020, 2:01 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / ACCOR Platinum
Hello,

So CDG - Manchester, evening flight 26/07.
  • No snack.
  • Tea / Coffee, still water, fruit juice only.

Disappointing to say the least.

Really if you are having crew working in the aisle, doing tea and coffees, a bottle of wine and biscuit, is really not a lot to add.

So today was my first trip since mid March. I had expected things to be quiet, but I was shocked, just how many shops were closed and the lack of general passengers.

Manchester airport was like I have never seen it, very empty this evening, as was CDG 2E at 17:00.

It just banged home how devastated the industry continues to be, at the very height of the summer season.

Jonnny
Old Jul 28, 2020, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Just to add to the anecdotes: ZRH-CDG this past weekend operated by HOP!
- Small drink cart - coffee, juices, water
- No snack

One thing that struck me was that they were not handing out sanitary/disinfectant wipes aboard (I guess I have been used to flying Delta, Swiss and Lufthansa so far during the pandemic, and all three offer that right at the boarding door). Also, could hardly find any hand sanitizers at CDG (e.g., not at check-in, or near the check -in kiosks) - but then again I wasn't looking too hard.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 1:05 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Just to add to the anecdotes: ZRH-CDG this past weekend operated by HOP!
One thing that struck me was that they were not handing out sanitary/disinfectant wipes aboard
Now that you mentioned it, that's true. Last AF-operated flight I took didn't have the wet wipes that are usually provided in a box during boarding.
While it does make sense not to have all pax fumbling around in a shared box, not having them anymore does not sound like an improvement compared to the pre-covid sanitary situation.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 3:24 pm

I got these wipes for each recent flight, it's even a new purple model that's called a "2-in-1 Disinfectant Wipe", "for professional use only", model "Ki-ose 390".

Picture and technical data sheet 😉 here.

Maybe it's different for ex-HOP!-operated flights?
Old Jul 28, 2020, 11:58 pm
gkl

well, I have to say that I experienced both for Embraer flights. On a recent ZRH-CDG in a E190 there was this usual box with wet wipes, however I also saw that in other Embraer flights (KRK-CDG comes to mind), there were no wet wipes. Seems to be applied inconsistently. Can it be that they recently introduced this also for the ex-HOP flights, but one or the other crew forgot about to place it or there were simply not enough on board?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.